Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Does having a large and complex vocabulary aswell as knowing a lot of languages indicate a high IQ?

Title

• Total voters
NeverGetUp36

NeverGetUp36

Professional rotter
★★★★★
Inspired by that "English Vocabulary Size" thread @PersonalityChad made, Im now genuinly wondering, does having a large and complex vocabulary indicate a higher IQ and additionally is it true in your experience that an individual who knows a lot of languages up to a certain degree of fluency can and will appear smarter to people around him?
Now, don't get it twisted, looks are still in the 1st place but what if the way you express yourself aswell as the amount of languages you speak also has an influence on the way you are percieved up to an extent. I would say it does but as I said it would be interesting to hear your thoughts to maybe get some new insights on this particular topic

For what reason of such a thing thee grayfag, thee art correct contained within thy observation; inceldom thoroughly discussed, however, there art no that happen to be able to compensate for thy facial features

Im now genuinly wondering, does having a large and complex vocabulary indicate a higher IQ
IMHO No.
and additionally is it true in your experience that an individual who knows a lot of languages up to a certain degree of fluency can and will appear smarter to people around him?
This however is true, being fluent in multiple languages will definitely make your appear smarter than you actually are in the eyes of other people. I have first hand experience of this.

I don't think it does

it depends , you also have low iq currycels who can do nothing except parrot colonial english

Sloth.Belgrade

Now, don't get it twisted, looks are still in the 1st place but what if the way you express yourself aswell as the amount of languages you speak also has an influence on the way you are percieved up to an extent.
Bild 2024 09 13 210924490

This however is true, being fluent in multiple languages will definitely make your appear smarter than you actually are in the eyes of other people. I have first hand experience of this.
the more educated youre about stuff in general the smarter you will appear. Most people correlate knowledge with intelligence

Knowing several languages, yes, but having an extensive vocabulary, not necessarily.

There is probably some statistical correlation

Learning advanced vocabulary is part of crystallized intelligence, meaning anyone can learn it with a certain amount of time and effort.

I would say to some degree, yes.

It goes beyond just using mogger words; it also goes to understanding how to utilize it, how to structure your writing, etc.

Grammar, language, writing, etc. all has a mathematical & pattern-related component to it.

Inspired by that "English Vocabulary Size" thread @PersonalityChad made, Im now genuinly wondering, does having a large and complex vocabulary indicate a higher IQ and additionally is it true in your experience that an individual who knows a lot of languages up to a certain degree of fluency can and will appear smarter to people around him?
Now, don't get it twisted, looks are still in the 1st place but what if the way you express yourself aswell as the amount of languages you speak also has an influence on the way you are percieved up to an extent. I would say it does but as I said it would be interesting to hear your thoughts to maybe get some new insights on this particular topic
I speak 4 languages and use a lot of unconventional words but my IQ is still perfectly average

For what reason of such a thing thee grayfag, thee art correct contained within thy observation; inceldom thoroughly discussed, however, there art no that happen to be able to compensate for thy facial features

Çest merdé, et c'est fini!