Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel does having a job help your mental health?

Chingaquedito

Chingaquedito

she will never be mine
★★★
I have spent too much time unemployed (like 5-6 years), does working help your mental health in any way?

I'm desperate because of PTSD, I have too much stress, I'm so fucking anguished right now :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsrope::feelsrope:, I don't want to use drugs anymore, my memory and my ability to discern reality have been severely affected, and I spend too much time alone with my dark thoughts,

sometimes I wish I had a job, so my mind would be blank thinking about something else while doing a repetitive activity

Yeah, allows me to think

Not necessarily. It could make it worse, depending on the job. The point of a job is to cover your living expenses, including copes, not to try and improve your mental health.

You mentioned PTSD, what's your trauma response?

I have spent too much time unemployed (like 5-6 years), does working help your mental health in any way?

I'm desperate because of PTSD, I have too much stress, I'm so fucking anguished right now :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsUnreal: :feelsrope::feelsrope:, I don't want to use drugs anymore, my memory and my ability to discern reality have been severely affected, and I spend too much time alone with my dark thoughts,

sometimes I wish I had a job, so my mind would be blank thinking about something else while doing a repetitive activity
Generally yes.

But, in my case, no.

I have a learning disability and can't remember instructions

wrong

Accountingcel checking in

run down of day:

come into office in morning say hello: be ignored or a lame haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai by 1 lone male coworker.

Every female coworker doesnt interact or even look at you, doesnt talk about their life or outside of work.

The one male coworker again doesnt talk about anything but work and in a strict professional manner no joking etc

go home

repeat

repeat

My mental health was ok before work i was gymcelling and just went out for food and scared normies, the daily doses of the blackpill are destroying my mental health and i have not worked out in weeks.

The killer is the ignoring of your humanity like you cant talk about topics outside of work or your social life, its denying your humanity fundamentally.

If you are a genuine incel try any way to be remote or better avoid working, THERE IS NO UPSIDE

It ruins your mental health in other ways than NEETing does. You get steady routines of sleeping and eating, as well as money for more and better copes. But it wastes time that could be spent doing other things and you have to deal with people all the time which could be excruciating in itself or even lead to srs problems depending on how well you get along with them.

It does for me, the only part that sucks is getting up super early in the morning. The days fly by on my work days.

The killer is the ignoring of your humanity like you cant talk about topics outside of work or your social life, its denying your humanity fundamentally.
I can’t participate in social life conversations anyway because I don’t have one. That’s why I don’t talk to anyone at work

If you do a solo menial job that requires no brain power you will still be left alone with your dark thoughts

If you do a solo menial job that requires no brain power you will still be left alone with your dark thoughts
That might be the best case scenario. Imagine getting asked on Friday what your plans are for the weekend and you know you are going to lurk this forum on Saturday night.

A somewhat similar experience here. The thing is I need a job to fund my alcoholism but I know my alcoholism will inevitably get me fired from that job (as has happened in the past).

But otherwise I'm just sober and rotting in poverty.

Of course you might say look for a job AND get sober but I also know that said job will make it practically IMPOSSIBLE to do so, what with the stress of it all.

I'm fucked, basically.

in my experiences, if you look at it from a positive mindset you feel like "man im really a useful member of society and im proud of myself for being my own breadwinner".

but that always vanishes as soon as you have a bad day or are reminded of your miserable existence.

I have spent too much time wageslaving tbh

Being enemployed is good as long as you can live decently.

Not necessarily. It could make it worse, depending on the job. The point of a job is to cover your living expenses, including copes, not to try and improve your mental health.

It cures boredom and generates a source of income that’s it

There is a certain safety and comfort in having a well established work routine, grocery routine and use of free time, and of course the dosh for copes and food.

The longer I wage the more depressed I become, i'd say the first 3-4 months I am in a decent mood after that it wears you down, and mostly it's the coworkers that do it.

I have more money for copes, but I get bossed around by old ugly hag foids all day. I want to bash their skulls in with a baseball bat.

It's nice having the income, but overall it made me more stressed and led to bad habits like drinking to cope