Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Does anyone find breathing through your nose difficult?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15752
  • Start date
Deleted member 15752

Deleted member 15752

Mogged from Fairbanks to Vladivostok
-
I feel like I cannot fill my lungs and always short of breath whenever I breathe through my nose. I understand that its a smaller "vacuum" for air.. but some people just have no issue breathing through their nose... I just cant.

Anyone here struggle with nose breathing?

I can't breath with my mouth. It feels weird.

Let me guess... youre a mouth breather with a recessed jaw and your breath smells

I can't breath with my mouth. It feels weird.
How? Damn dude I wish I could breathe through my nose as easier as breathing with your mouth. I feel like I cannot fill my lungs and always short of breath whenever I breathe through my nose.

I don't know bro it sounds weird ngl

How? Damn dude I wish I could breathe through my nose as easier as breathing with your mouth. I feel like I cannot fill my lungs and always short of breath whenever I breathe through my nose.
I used to mouthbreath when i was a kid, i just stopped doing it naturally.

Please don't breathe through your mouth bro it will inevitably fuck up your jaw (even more probably)

Let me guess... youre a mouth breather with a recessed jaw and your breath smells
I take care of my teeth and breath 0 problems, but mouth breathing is very fucking bad.

No man.

You should probably go to the doctor..

No man.

You should probably go to the doctor..
The fuck? Dude I never knew it was this bad.. man you got me worried as shit. Fuck man I never realized how bad this mouth breathing shit is.

The fuck? Dude I never knew it was this bad.. man you got me worried as shit. Fuck man I never realized how bad this mouth breathing shit is.

Mouth breathing is the body's natural response to a recessed jaw. Although mouth breathing by itself can cause a jaw to recede. Not entirely proven what is the cause and what is the effect but there is a big correlation there

Do you also have a big adams apple by any chance?

Mouth breathing is the body's natural response to a recessed jaw. Although mouth breathing by itself can cause a jaw to recede. Not entirely proven what is the cause and what is the effect but there is a big correlation there

Do you also have a big adams apple by any chance?
Its average size, but I store some fat there. Nothing major, nothing overweight.

Damn dude. Is it too late to recover?

Yes bro, something is wrong with my left nostril and its been difficult to breath out of for 2 yrs for me. I think i need surgery to heal it but its too expensive and painful. I’ve just forced myself to get used to it but its annoying tbh

I recently noticed I only breathe through one nose

I only breath through my mouth when my nose is stuffed

I am at my full facial development. Would it make an impact if I change my breathing style?

Probably not but I started trying to breathe through nose anyway. It was difficult to get air in my lungs like you say, but now its easier. I dont know why.

try phenylephrine

Might have to...any little change is good that comes my way.
Tell him that you're having trouble breathing through your nose and you don't know why. I hope you have good health insurance bruv, good luck.

Get it checked out bro.

Has it made any difference?

Not really. I dont think you will get any actual change in the way your bones are. Its just that you will look a bit better if you keep your mouth closed and tongue on roof of mouth instead of looking like napoleon dynamite

used to, until I had 3 nose surgeries

Sounds like a deviated septum

Yes fellow mouthbreathecel :confused:

I can, but I mouthbreathed a bit as kid, when my nose was full :cryfeels:

Keep using your nose, you will get used to it

I can breathe through my nose, but I don't get as much air as when I mouth breathe. I have to flare my nostrils to get all the air. I always breathe through my nose despite this.
My nostrils are quite small.

The transitioning period might be uncomfortable/mildly painful, you may experience lack of breath, not getting a sufficient intake of air to fill your lungs.

But if you persist, your airways will readjust and open up and in about 2-3 weeks you will be able to nose breathe.

An important key part of this, is trying to keep your tongue at the top of your pallet(roof of the mouth)(so that your jaw muscles can readjust and open up your airways)

You will need to put a lot of conscious effort into nose breathing and keeping your tongue at the roof of your mouth, but with time it will become easier. The key is persevering until it requires much less conscious effort.

I used to, until I saw that it was bad and I have never mouth breathed since. It is very uncomfortable for me as I have recessed chin and shit, and my lips do not cover my mouth properly and I can't bite down properly, but with conditioning I believe anyone can do it.

used to, until I had 3 nose surgeries
As a fellow cleftcel my nose is crooked and the breathing passage is narrow. You know how it is with the scar bringing the nose down.
Did these surgeries help considerably? Did you have to pay? I'm pretty sure I asked these questions to you before a few months back but I can't remember the answer.

Its more comfy tbh. I always use my nose to breath

Same.
There is a saying dont keep your mouth open for long because may something get into it :lul:

Only when it gets real cold outside, or if I'm doing any type of exercise.

It's over for Nosebreathingcels