Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Does anyone else feel like we've technologically stagnated?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24160
  • Start date
I don't think they're faking it. Ever since 9/11 there has been a steep drop in hope and opitimism and just any will to live in America,

Yeah, I noticed it happen first with 9/11 and then more dramatically with the post housing crisis in 2007. Suddenly all the reality tv shows that light heartedly showed the goofiness of American life became a more serious, cynical, dramatic edgy series catalalouging the slow breakdown of sanity in America.
Divorce rates were supposedly higher in the 1980s, yet post housing crisis in 2007, it seemed like everyone that wasn't completely happy with their marriage was getting divorced.
People that were formerly very polite and friendly became crude and impatient, uncanny levels of optimism was replaced with heavy sarcasm and one-upping everyone.
Post election of trump, many women in America treat most sub 8 males with a lot more hostility and an unwillingness to joke around.

Whatever though, the euphoric era of the 1980s and 1990s was an artificial bubble that could never last, especially in the face of rising globalized communication networks like the internet and social media showing how truly little women regard most men.

Yeah, I noticed it happen first with 9/11 and then more dramatically with the post housing crisis in 2007. Suddenly all the reality tv shows that light heartedly showed the goofiness of American life became a more serious, cynical, dramatic edgy series catalalouging the slow breakdown of sanity in America.
Divorce rates were supposedly higher in the 1980s, yet post housing crisis in 2007, it seemed like everyone that wasn't completely happy with their marriage was getting divorced.
People that were formerly very polite and friendly became crude and impatient, uncanny levels of optimism was replaced with heavy sarcasm and one-upping everyone.
Post election of trump, many women in America treat most sub 8 males with a lot more hostility and an unwillingness to joke around.

Whatever though, the euphoric era of the 1980s and 1990s was an artificial bubble that could never last, especially in the face of rising globalized communication networks like the internet and social media showing how truly little women regard most men.
There are probably less divorces because there are less marriages. I'm pretty sure millenials have the least marriages of any generation. And the last line about post trump is true, so many guys say they had no issue with women until 2014-2016 then they couldn't get a date, they couldn't find a sane woman anywhere and they had to walk on eggshells every time they talked to one.

There are probably less divorces because there are less marriages.

Might get flak for this, but this is a good thing in some ways, sub 8 millenial males might be realizing how little respect they actually get when they betabuxx women that are only attracted to them for their money or lifestyle and not their looks.

I'm pretty sure millenials have the least marriages of any generation.

If that wasn't so, I'd expect divorce rates to be even higher for millenials than for boomers. Watch the rightwing trad demographic of the millenial and Gen Z cohort who still insist on settling down. As all women's standards go up with exposure to social media, they will probably make up a lot of the divorce statistics in the future.

And the last line about post trump is true, so many guys say they had no issue with women until 2014-2016 then they couldn't get a date, they couldn't find a sane woman anywhere and they had to walk on eggshells every time they talked to one.

It's not like leftist magazines didn't warn about this. Trump is a sound rejection of JBW theory tbh, most women despise him, do not find him physically attractive (haven't heard one woman that mentions Trump is hot like they did with politicians like John Edwards, Bill Clinton, and even Barack Obama).

Have you seen Rollo Tomassi's blog the Rational Male. He has proposed, and I agree, that when Trump revealed the dual mating strategy of women when the access Hollywood tapes about "when you're a star you can do anything....grab them by the pussy I don't even wait", it soured a lot of women on interacting with sub 8 males in a flirty way and kickstarted a lot more hostility towards them in the form of waves of #metoo accusations.

That's all said and done now though, the election of Trump in 2016 in a way made redpill mating dynamics mainstream and watered down, giving room for the blackpill to rise.

Might get flak for this, but this is a good thing in some ways, sub 8 millenial males might be realizing how little respect they actually get when they betabuxx women that are only attracted to them for their money or lifestyle and not their looks.

If that wasn't so, I'd expect divorce rates to be even higher for millenials than for boomers. Watch the rightwing trad demographic of the millenial and Gen Z cohort who still insist on settling down. As all women's standards go up with exposure to social media, they will probably make up a lot of the divorce statistics in the future.

It's not like leftist magazines didn't warn about this. Trump is a sound rejection of JBW theory tbh, most women despise him, do not find him physically attractive (haven't heard one woman that mentions Trump is hot like they did with politicians like John Edwards, Bill Clinton, and even Barack Obama).

Have you seen Rollo Tomassi's blog the Rational Male. He has proposed, and I agree, that when Trump revealed the dual mating strategy of women when the access Hollywood tapes about "when you're a star you can do anything....grab them by the pussy I don't even wait", it soured a lot of women on interacting with sub 8 males in a flirty way and kickstarted a lot more hostility towards them in the form of waves of #metoo accusations.

That's all said and done now though, the election of Trump in 2016 in a way made redpill mating dynamics mainstream and watered down, giving room for the blackpill to rise.
Why would that sour the relations?

Why would that sour the relations?

Because women are reminded that they have given into sub 8 males because of status and money and feel ashamed and resentful about it, and don't like that there is a sizable portion of males that liked how Trump had made that comment exposing women's dual mating strategy with sub 8 males.

The future is definitely underwhelming

People are obsessed these days with being cynical and edgy to try to come off as more in the know than others. @mylifeistrash @turbocuckcel_7000 do you remember when this started becoming more common? I think it was the mid 90s and onward, but became commonplace after Bush's war on terror failed and the media that initially supported it tried to play up how they were always against it.

And from seeing how terrible people behave online toward each other, it is more difficult to suspend belief that humanity and cooperation to reach goals is as close and desirable as was once thought.
Even things like Southern Hospitality, Boston dialect and cream pie, humble rural communities in the Midwest, have all have been homogenized into a generic mess of people taking much of their ques of behavior and language from pop culture music, memes, and video streamers.
And people are always on diets and trying to play up how they love spicy foreign food and traveling the world.
Since the 90s I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who will admit they don't know something, ever.
If you're having a chat and you say something they're not familiar with, they'll just nod along, and hate it if you ever explain anything.
Obviously this fucks up many types of interaction, and makes it impossible to be friends with people that aren't extremely similar to you.
Good luck making friends when most people won't even confirm if they're on the same page as you, because it's not tactically sensible to do so.
5G is coming just wait.
thinking about what they have in mind with that technology genuinely scares me, and i'm only talking about the techno-social implications, not the likely true radiation hazards

whats 5g gonna be besides faster

Since the 90s I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who will admit they don't know something, ever.
If you're having a chat and you say something they're not familiar with, they'll just nod along, and hate it if you ever explain anything.
Obviously this fucks up many types of interaction, and makes it impossible to be friends with people that aren't extremely similar to you.
Good luck making friends when most people won't even confirm if they're on the same page as you, because it's not tactically sensible to do so.

That's exactly what I've seen. In the past a lot of boomers probably made friends by making small talk and asking questions about things they didn't understand. Now that just marks you as low status and as someone that isn't worth even being around. You are expected just to get it. Same thing but even more so for interacting with women.