Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else experience sleep paralysis quite often?

Robb97

Robb97

Voicecel
★★★★
Yesterday I had a nice dream where my legs got crushed in an elevator. I was in a rush to get away from someone and I encountered a weird layout of stairs and plateaus. I couldn't figure out what parts were moving and what parts would remain stationary. At some point the concrete plateous started moving up and I caught both my legs in the contraption and couldn't move them anymore. I was just looking at my limbs and realize how the elevator would crush them in the next couple of seconds. I was thinking of how I spent all these years rotting and doing nothing just to get crippled in such a stupid accident. I already accepted my fate. Then I woke up obviously and these dreams are always similar. They happen from sleep paralysis when I'm sleeping on my back.

i think it's a nightmare, not a sleep paralysis.

i think it's a nightmare, not a sleep paralysis.
It wasn't that scary. In another dream I saw the paralysis demon but not in this one. Yet the feeling of powerlessness is similar.
He doesn't always choke you out. One time I actually tried to choke him out but he punched me in the stomach which gave me a similar feeling of not being able to move anymore.

"Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move."

It seems to be a rather light form of what some people experience.

Last edited:
It wasn't scary. In another dream I saw the paralysis demon but not in this one. Yet the feeling of powerlessness is similar.
He doesn't always choke you out. One time I actually tried to choke him out but he punched me in the stomach which gave me a similar feeling of not being able to move anymore.

"Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move."

It seems to be a rather light form of what some people experience.
what is your sleeping position?

1920px-Supine_and_prone_diagrams-en.svg.png

Always prone, except very rarely when I fall asleep in supine position. That's when this stuff happens.
they say it's otherwise, like if you sleep in supine position it's more likely to happen. I have a pretty fucked up sleep schedule but never had it. There is probably some other causes.

ive had it a few times but not on a regular basis . last time was a few weeks ago

they say it's otherwise, like if you sleep in supine position it's more likely to happen. I have a pretty fucked up sleep schedule but never had it. There is probably some other causes.
No, it's the same way they say. Maybe I didn't state it clearly. It only happens in supine position. And if I remember correctly it happens every single time I fall asleep on my back.

Yeah I do. I once had a sleep paralysis where a foid demon was on top of me that was my best one.

yes i slept in supine position and almost lucid dreamed/astral projected. sleep paralysis is a gateway to lucid dreaming /astral projection, one of the best copes imo.

When I was younger yes. It might happen a few times here and there nowadays

Sleep paralysis is when your eyes are open. What you describe is not sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis happened to me once. I opened my eyes, and there was a creepy old lady under my bed looking at me.

Sometimes, I started having them after taking some psilocybin shrooms. I guess some switch flipped in my brain lr something. Doesn't happen very often though and it's easy for me to come out if it

It happens a lot from lack of sleep.