Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you think your life is scripted and predetermined? What about other things and happenings too?

SandNiggerKANG

SandNiggerKANG

تعالى أدلعك
-
Do you believe in free will or do you think everything is predetermined and scripted? I have the view point that there are infinite pathways and the outcomes for each possible pathway is scripted. Now who gets to choose which path? That again is predetermined by your brain’s predictable patterns of thought, behaviour etc. I’m leaning more towards predetermination. Things are just so complexly predetermined that we don’t have a concrete idea of how.

Even the different branches of possibilities they just keep on splitting and splitting infinitely it’s very complex stuff.

Everything is predetermined. Everything.

I think God sets up paths for us to choose with our own free will

i think choices are predetermined, but you can choose between however many choices there are

Predetermination is cope. Free will is the thinking man's model.

10% depends on free will, and the remaining 90% are predetermined.

Do you believe in free will or do you think everything is predetermined and scripted?
I believe some things are scripted, but that we have free will with the things that aren't. The circumstances of your birth (period of history, genetics etc.), for example, are predetermined, and they offer a particular finite set of choices you can make using your free will. A person born in the bronze age is not free to choose whether or not he wants a computer/phone/car and which kind. That's not to say that he doesn't possess free will because of that (that's completely asinine to even suggest). Likewise, because we can't break the laws of physics, not having the ability to choose to lift off the ground and fly doesn't mean we don't have free will (yes, I've legitimately seen that argued seriously JFL).

I have the view point that there are infinite pathways and the outcomes for each possible pathway is scripted.
I think that this would be in line with the compatibilist viewpoint on free will as some possible version of reality, though the pathways would have be finite in number. The universe is finite (as far as we know). You can't get something infinite out of something finite (unless you're the US Federal Reserve).

Last edited:
A person born in the bronze age is not free to choose whether or not he wants a computer/phone/car and which kind. That's not to say that he doesn't possess free will because of that (that's completely asinine to even suggest). Likewise, because we can't break the laws of physics, not having the ability to choose to lift off the ground and fly doesn't mean we don't have free will (yes, I've legitimately seen that argued seriously JFL).
:feelskek: I think they just misunderstood what free will means
though the pathways would have be finite in number. The universe is finite. You can't get something infinite out of something finite (unless you're the US Federal Reserve).
what if the universe was always infinite but we can only see a finite chunk thereof

I don't believe in free will. It's hard to explain, but the crux of the argument is that you never chose yourself.

Free will definitely doesn't exist. All experiences in life have already been planned out for us by god. It's the reason we get deja vu because it is a leak in God's memory of his creation.

:feelskek: I think they just misunderstood what free will means
Yeah KEK. The biggest problem with free will debates is always centered around the definition.

what if the universe was always infinite but we can only see a finite chunk thereof
That's possible, yes, but then in that case we would have the illusion of predestined outcomes with the ability to choose among them when in reality it would be an infinite number of possible outcomes - none of which would be "predestined" in any real sense, but would be in a functional sense - which would then cancel everything out and we'd be left with free will at the end anyway. The universe my be infinite, but the set of decisions for us is finite (because us and our decision space is finite), so we'd be mapping our finite set of decisions to an infinite outcome space.

Regardless of whatever the nature of reality truly is, we're always going to default to acting as though free will exists and basing our worldview on that assumption, due to the elements of ethical and legal responsibility. Even in practice it makes no sense for someone to make series of choices and then claim that everything that they chose to do was determined to happen just the way it did after the fact. Post facto rationalization ("this thing happened, because I was always destined to have it happen") was always the weakest form of argument in favor of determinism (absolution of responsibility, specifically).

Infinite possibilities shouldn't be confused with infinite outcomes for one.

most things are scripted, but I am too BASED to be scripted

Regardless of whatever the nature of reality truly is, we're always going to default to acting as though free will exists and basing our worldview on that assumption, due to the elements of ethical and legal responsibility. Even in practice it makes no sense for someone to make series of choices and then claim that everything that they chose to do was determined to happen just the way it did after the fact. Post facto rationalization ("this thing happened, because I was always destined to have it happen") was always the weakest form of argument in favor of determinism (absolution of responsibility, specifically).
Sad but true. In practice it ain't about blame, but about behavior control. Certain behaviors are sufficiently disruptive to society that they have to be discouraged. Blame (and punishing those who are to blame (one can hardly rationalize punishing someone inculpable)) is certainly very effective at that.

Do you believe in free will or do you think everything is predetermined and scripted? I have the view point that there are infinite pathways and the outcomes for each possible pathway is scripted. Now who gets to choose which path? That again is predetermined by your brain’s predictable patterns of thought, behaviour etc. I’m leaning more towards predetermination. Things are just so complexly predetermined that we don’t have a concrete idea of how.
I dont believe that there is some sort of magical fate or some shit but I do believe that everything is predetermined by your genes and how the world reacts to you because of your genes

there is no way to escape the fate set by your genes

I believe you do hate a freewill but god regularly overturns your freewill.