Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you think there any negative sterotypes about men that hurt you personally?

Kajel

Kajel

Banned
-
Whenever a discussion about sexuality pops up in my life there's almost always an underlying assumption that something about male sexuality is inherently predatory. Anytime a guy feels an attraction to a girl there's something a little creepy or sinister about it & that always manifests in some form of trying to have power over the other person. I've also noticed that whenever I'm out walking alone and there's a girl by herself in front of me going the same direction, I take my phone out and wait a bit so she doesn't feel like she's being followed. I always feel like I'm trying to assure strangers in subtle ways there isn't anything dangerous about me (which is just a bit draining) & I don't think we would have to do this if I was a guy. Also if a girl complains about not being able to find a guy, she might get some push back but, ultimately some people will be sympathetic and wish her luck, but if a guy complains about not being able to get any girl to be interested in them, it's seen as a sign that he might have toxic views of women or that something is deeply wrong with the way he conducts his life. It's not the worst thing in the world but It feels like there's a lot of nonsense one could avoid if people didn't perceive them as a guy or girl.

Anytime a guy feels an attraction to a girl there's something a little creepy or sinister about it
Cope, when Chad does it all seems good.

Cope, when Chad does it all seems good.
Yeah that's a good point. The uglier a person is the more off-putting it can be for people to find out they have feelings of attraction to others. I'm probably guilty of this myself to some extent.

The stereotype that foids are more intelligent and feel more emotions than men. Both are far from true.

The stereotype that foids are more intelligent and feel more emotions than men. Both are far from true.
Omg I hate when people assume I'm less caring or more brutish just because I'm a guy. Some of the most empathetic and thoughtful people I've ever met were guys.