Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you think its possible to be happy as an incel?

Can incels have a happy life?

• 1- Yes, definetly. Every incel can be happy even as an incel with no hope of ascending.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • 2- Yes, but you must scape inceldom first, obviously. No inceldom --> no pain.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 3Yes, but even if you ascend, there is not going to be easy to feel that life worths after inceldom.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • 4- No, even if there are some extremely rare exceptions, there is basically no way to be happy

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • 5- No, even if you ascend the damage is done and you will never be happy. No exceptions at all.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 6- No, but theres a different life after this one that will be at least happier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7- Absolutely not, nobody has ever been happy. Not even Chad or Stacy. Happiness is just a meme.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • 8- I am not even an incel.

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
IsolationHurts

IsolationHurts

Spanish Oldcel
★★★★
Just curious. I know that not everyone here is a complete pessimistic, and that @Maeror and @Fontaine (for example) are not the only optimistic incels in here (if they consider themselves as such, idk tbh). So lets see.

Also, im going through a bad moment, and im really asking myself over and over if its even possible to feel happy again, to feel that my life worths in any way, shape or form. I dont want to kill myself if i really had a chance of ascending. It would be absolutely pathetic.

So, what do you think? Is it over for us? How much is it over? Would love to know what you think.

Im asking about true incels, i mean, ugly and/or deformed and/or with severe mental issues and/or curries.... KHHV basically.
Fakecels can be happy when they want, obviously. Also, not asking about larpers that are probably enjoying our suffering here either, or women (fucking obvious...) Ignore them when answering the poll please.

My vote:
I think that .... "4- No, even if there are some extremely rare exceptions, there is basically no way to be happy" :feelsbadman:

Sorry for bad english. If theres something really bad, pls, just tell me so i can correct it. Also, if your option is not in the poll, pls tell me ^^

Last edited:
inceldom hardly bothers me tbh. i have a low sex drive and havent experienced what im missing out on. ignorance is bliss.

Happiness is just a fleeting feeling we have to convince us not to rope and continue the species. Not that any of us are gonna continue the species

inceldom hardly bothers me tbh. i have a low sex drive and havent experienced what im missing out on. ignorance is bliss.
Which probably means you rarely fap? #nohomo

I'm rather 7. I think happinness is overrated as "the sovereign good", and I don't think we actually look for happiness when say we wan't to "get laid" or to find "love". We just look for what our natural instinct dictates in order to please our most animal sense of accomplishment (like most things we pursue in life). As "society" makes it harder for us to fullfill these primary needs, the feel of lack make us think we ultimately lack of "happiness".

Excellent idea for a poll.

I have voted 7/. Happiness is a modern meme that started with the rise of "freethinking" and atheism in the late 1700s and only became widely popular after World War 2. Before, the general focus was on going to Heaven and avoiding Hell.

Very few people remain happy all their life, normies usually become disappointed by something at some point (failed dreams and objectives, illness, divorce, children who turn out bad, adultery of partner, career that doesn't suit them, politics, or simply the daily 9-5 grind). Happiness seems to be mostly a neurotransmitter issue. The very few who remain joyful in the face of the worst things seem to have naturally elevated levels of certain neurotransmitters. This is the thesis of Yuval Noah Harari in his book on human history and something I have directly experienced around me.

i used to fap every day or every other day. now im on nofap.
Any benefits you noticed?

I have voted 7/. Happiness is a modern meme that started with the rise of "freethinking" and atheism in the late 1700s and only became widely popular after World War 2. Before, the general focus was on going to Heaven and avoiding Hell.

Very few people remain happy all their life, normies usually become disappointed by something at some point (failed dreams and objectives, illness, divorce, children who turn out bad, adultery of partner, career that doesn't suit them, politics, or simply the daily 9-5 grind). Happiness seems to be mostly a neurotransmitter issue. The very few who remain joyful in the face of the worst things seem to have naturally elevated levels of certain neurotransmitters. This is the thesis of Yuval Noah Harari in his book on human history and something I have directly experienced around me.
Extremely high IQ post.

While being an incel definitely makes life rougher, there are always alternative options around the issues we commonly have. I wouldn't consider myself happy, but I'm definitely content. When I get the opportunity to achieve the realistic things I'd like to in life, I'll be happy.

Hard to disagree with @Fontaine. Majority of people are eventually never completely, like 100 percent happy. Also, what is happiness actually?

Any benefits you noticed?

more confidence/not giving a fuck, less social anxiety, slightly reduced brain fog, better connection with universe, more joy from the little things in life etc etc. but mainly energy. im much more energised during the day. im only on day 24 btw.

Hard to disagree with @Fontaine. Majority of people are eventually never completely, like 100 percent happy. Also, what is happiness actually?
Even psychotherapy at its beginnings didn't promise to make people happy. Sigmund Freud said that his therapy could merely replace neurosis with "ordinary unhappiness".

I don't believe anybody is happy, consciousness is need fulfillment. Looking at the past or future for your happiness is a cognitive bias.

more confidence/not giving a fuck, less social anxiety, slightly reduced brain fog, better connection with universe, more joy from the little things in life etc etc. but mainly energy. im much more energised during the day. im only on day 24 btw.
Seems legit. I have also heard that it helps you get rid of possible acnes. True? Also, no wet dreams yet? I remember going nofap once and I had a wet dream at mark of 4 weeks or so, my underwears were flooded. Kek.

idk, too much thinking

Even psychotherapy at its beginnings didn't promise to make people happy. Sigmund Freud said that his therapy could merely replace neurosis with "ordinary unhappiness".
Legit. Are you interested in this kind of things or just generally a knowledgeable person, having various interests and such? I enjoy your posts a lot.

Sure but it's cope

Seems legit. I have also heard that it helps you get rid of possible acnes. True? Also, no wet dreams yet? I remember going nofap once and I had a wet dream at mark of 4 weeks or so, my underwears were flooded. Kek.

i havent had any wet dreams so far. hopefully not since that would fuck up my semen retention.

Legit. Are you interested in this kind of things or just generally a knowledgeable person, having various interests and such? I enjoy your posts a lot.
I spend most of my time reading since I was born... I derive far greater pleasure from reading books or wikipedia than from useless activities like videogames. Not learning stuff outside of the school system leaves you clueless about extremely important things and easily manipulated by those with more knowledge than you. Even if your memory is bad, you should still try to read as much as possible. Even if only 1% of what you read sticks, it's far better than 0.

Thanks for the compliments.

big pharmacelling is legit tbh thb tbh ngl

Happiness is just a fleeting feeling we have to convince us not to rope and continue the species. Not that any of us are gonna continue the species
Idk man 2 people voted they're not even Incel.

Last edited:
You can only cope. Some people are better able to cope than others, but it's all cope.

I spend most of my time reading since I was born... I derive far greater pleasure from reading books or wikipedia than from useless activities like videogames. Not learning stuff outside of the school system leaves you clueless about extremely important things and easily manipulated by those with more knowledge than you. Even if your memory is bad, you should still try to read as much as possible. Even if only 1% of what you read sticks, it's far better than 0.
I completely agree, as I wasted years playing video games, I know how true that is. Lately I've been trying to read more as well, although admittedly it's because I have a difficult time enjoying several of my old copes.

Thanks for the compliments.
Wow, that’s great to hear. Reading is indeed a valuable activity to have. Too bad there are so many lazycels here (myself included) :feelscry:

No problem.

Only if you can take your mind off of sex. Most cannot.

Divided between options 3 and 7, decided on 3.

I don't believe in permanent happiness, but yeah, it's possible to be mostly happy as an ascendant ex-incel, but nothing will bring back the time already lost and nothing will completely heal the emotional wounds either.

To be fair, it's even theoretically possible to be happy as an incel (though one crucial part of your life would be lacking), but not for high-T cels like me.

Both my roommates are incels and they are quite happy playing video games and whatnot, Tbh, the only reason I'm suffering is because I lived 3 years in a 3rd world country where I was a normie and the stark contrast is killing me. A good tip though, move 6 months to some country like Mexico, you can gain up to 50% in the attractiveness scale (%) just by moving to another country.

You can get a level of ambivalent content if you embrace nihillism.
Caring = unhapiness.

Maybe but it has nothing to do with "ascending", if you have been an incel in your youth/prime you can never find happiness in sex or romance.

1- Nope. Happiness is one of the oldest philosophical concepts. We can find (as eudaimonia) it in Plato, Aristotle and, specially, every helenistic thinker (Anthistenes, Phyrro, Epicurus, Zeno of Citium...). It is true that this concept becomes "popular" and "laic" with the new bourgeois social classes during XVIII-XIX centuries, after a millenium of thinking about happiness in religious terms (grace, salvation, ilumination...). But pls, dont cope. Happiness as a concept and a problem was not invented yesterday.

2- So, you really think that Chads and specially stacies living in tutorial mode are not happy?

I'm rather 7. I think happinness is overrated as "the sovereign good", and I don't think we actually look for happiness when say we wan't to "get laid" or to find "love". We just look for what our natural instinct dictates in order to please our most animal sense of accomplishment (like most things we pursue in life). As "society" makes it harder for us to fullfill these primary needs, the feel of lack make us think we ultimately lack of "happiness".

Even if we dont look for happines directly, i think its pretty obvious that when we seize what we need to just survive and, also, accomplish any objective beyond mere survival (like intelectual or artistical pursues), what we actually feel is happiness.

Also, in general, i cant believe that so many people deny the existence of a human "mental" state called happiness tbh. Specially knowing what kind of life Chads and Stacies enjoy.

I would love anyone that voted the first option to explain themselves. I strongly disagree, but im suicidal and i really need new perspectives on what to do with my (apparently) completely useless incel life.