Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you think about the future or past a lot?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
A lot of my misery comes from constantly thinking about the future and the past.

The past is full of mild traumas, the future is full of disappointment and catastrophes. I keep thinking about all the shit I did, that happened to me, and all the shit I'll do and that will happen to me.

If I could just turn off my brain and sort of live like a plant or an animal in the moment, it wouldn't be so bad. Got food, got water, got a roof over my head and it's warm. Got entertainment. So what if I spend most of my day at a job I hate that pays way too little and that I'm disliked by everyone I've ever met, at least I'm not in great pain or anything. All my physical needs are met.

My past. I have no future so what’s the point in thinking about it?

This is why I think of neither the past nor the future.
Teach me sensei.
My past. I have no future so what’s the point in thinking about it?
I have no future either, I still think about it. I think about how I'll still be working jobs that I hate for the rest of my life, how my parents will die, how my cat will die, how I'll get older, fatter, balder, how my already poor health is going to worsen, how I'll be working so long and have absolutely nothing to show for it, how there are so many other things that will go wrong, how everybody I've ever known is doing better in life than me, even if I had better resources and advantages for a while/at the start.

Yes. Stress about all the things Ive missed out, stress about all the things I will be missing out

Yea I'm stressed all the time

I worry a lot about the future too

only the past, how shit of a job my parents did with my upbringing

I think about how I'll burn in hell a lot (if it exist)

I obsess about the future

The past, yes. I often think of interactions I've had when I've approached girls. Some memorable for good reasons, some less so. But none ultimately leading anywhere.

I don't tend to think about the future because it's too dispiriting. The thought of remaining on this flat continuum, nothing changing, remaining a virgin well into my 30s...fuck.

I'm always thinking about the things that didn't happen in the past.