Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you talk to yourself?

Do you talk to yourself

• Yes. (Yes. On a semi regular to regular basis)

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • No. (No, never.)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Rarely (Very uncommon, but you do it sometimes)

Votes: 8 11.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
NEETAndTidy

NEETAndTidy

STRIKE FIRST. STRIKE HARD. NO MERCY. COBRA KAIcel
-
In my experience many users I talk to claim they speak to themselves.

What about you?

Yes since I am socially isolated.

Yes bro, I’ve been talking to myself since I was a kid.

Only person I feel comfortable talking to tbh..

Yes bro, I’ve been talking to myself since I was a kid.

Only person I feel comfortable talking to tbh..
So much relation man. I can only trust myself for example

I currently am.

if it being in your head counts, then pretty much all the time. if not, quite rarely and only if I'm making food or something.

if it being in your head counts, then pretty much all the time. if not, quite rarely and only if I'm making food or something.
Yes bro it does

All the time. Out loud. My mom tried to fix me but still cant stop..

Yes I started last year. I’ve basically had no true friends for 3 years. I now notice that I often talk to myself in an angry way. Kind of like scolding myself

All the time. Out loud. My mom tried to fix me but still cant stop..
I speak quietly to myself, my family already thinks I’m crazy enough as it is..

Op,everybody have that inner mental voice that talk to our heads.I wouldn't say that is counting.
When we talk about talking alone,we are refering to doing it with whispers or moderate loud talk to ourselves.

If no one will entertain hearing you out I guess you just gotta listen to yourself.

No, I always have internal conversations beetween myslef and the personas of people I interact with.

All the time, I like to have conversations with myself and narrate my actions (I explain why or how I am doing things as if I am speaking to someone else)

In my experience many users I talk to claim they speak to themselves.

What about you?
In my childhood, I was alone for almost 10 hours a day. Even though I have a few irl friends now, I still can't help the habit of talking to myself out loud or at least mouthing out small phrases while I'm thinking. People have seen me do this a lot and I'm sure they talk about it.

I talk to myself in my head but not aloud. Usually my "otherself" is just trying to insult people on the bus or at campus when I am bored.

In my childhood, I was alone for almost 10 hours a day. Even though I have a few irl friends now, I still can't help the habit of talking to myself out loud or at least mouthing out small phrases while I'm thinking. People have seen me do this a lot and I'm sure they talk about it.
All the time same except I have no friends

When I am outside I do the same thing, I speak to myself quietly constantly, people probably see me too and think I am crazy.

Yes. I lie to myself too.

When I am outside I do the same thing, I speak to myself quietly constantly, people probably see me too and think I am crazy.
Them feels kek. I talk to myself in public a lot

I simulate situations with real people where I talk to them, somehow my brain simulate them and I talk to them and sadly often in loud voice.

Yes all the time out loud

I simulate situations with real people where I talk to them, somehow my brain simulate them and I talk to them and sadly often in loud voice.
I do that too. Luckily while alone

I used to think only autistic people talked to themselves.

Constant internal dialog makes you speak better and form sentences faster than normies. It's how you get a "quick wit", it's what separates us from the NPCs...

I used to think only autistic people talked to themselves.
Nah everyone it seems. Although us autists seem to do it a LOT.
Constant internal dialog makes you speak better and form sentences faster than normies. It's how you get a "quick wit", it's what separates us from the NPCs...
Interesting. As I have a quick wit. And talk to myself a lot

I mutter to myself a lot, yeah, sometimes I have conversations with myself.

Yeah, makes me feel less lonely

I talk to myself all the time. I do it for hours sometimes. It's quite helpful when I'm trying to make decisions, and I often have different people I'm talking to, like a therapist. It also allows me to think more critically as the person I'm talking to often has an opposing view.
I have a constant monologue, too, if that counts, but I think everyone has that.

I talk to my imaginary waifu if that counts

when i was 6 yes especially while walking

At least your mind won’t call you toxic.

I talk to myself all the time. I do it for hours sometimes. It's quite helpful when I'm trying to make decisions, and I often have different people I'm talking to, like a therapist. It also allows me to think more critically as the person I'm talking to often has an opposing view.
I have a constant monologue, too, if that counts, but I think everyone has that.
VERY relatable. Especially with the constant monologue

I talk to myself all the time, mostly about how i would interact with certain people and the things that i would say.

Ensures that i don't become completely autistic and socially awkward when it comes to small talk.

39 out of 45 people talk to themselves

Either it's a really common thing to do, or we're all truly autists

I'll repeat the words:
Cope it never began
Rope
It's over
Tbh tbh
Ngl ngl
Ded srs
Manlets when will they learn...
& other Incelosphere & Inceldom language...

Yes sometimes but not like whole conversations like when i'm angry I sometimes rant for myself or when I see something real funny I laugh and say something ngl

I talk to myself whenever I'm alone, it's not rare that I go off on rants by myself. It sometimes worries me.

Yes, I do, out of loneliness, and because I don't really have to whom to speak. It's good sometimes, but it's far to replace the heat of another person, relatives or family.