Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you believe in free speech?

TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask

Never lose your smile
★★
Would you say you’re an advocate for freedom of speech, or do you believe there should be limits on what people are allowed to say?

I personally don’t believe in it. Yeah I agree to some degree people should be allow to say as they please but some people push it too far. Especially in online spaces, in a lot of forums certain users will try to justify their vileness with the freedom of speech excuse.

Especially in online spaces, in a lot of forums certain users will try to justify their vileness with the freedom of speech excuse.
Who do you suggest will be the arbiter of what constitutes vileness then?

For me yes, for other people, no

To some extent

There should be limits to what a person can say. If this forum was truly absolute in its enforcement of "free speech" it would be dead by now. :feelsjuice:

each space has its own free speech rules based on the prevailing beliefs of that community, i don't think something like doxxing should be allowed, but there is nothing wrong with a hypothetical discussion no matter how violent or obscene it gets.

Last edited:
Constant harassing/doxxing is a no go.
I agree, but there's a difference between trying to outlaw harassment period and online spaces enforcing their own policies on the matter. The latter sounds appropriate, the former less so. As for doxxing, I feel like that's more a violation of privacy than freedom of speech, esp. if the doxxed info was theretofore not publicly known.

sure, everybody is allowed to speak his/her oppinion as long as it's in a mannered fashion and you're not insulting others.

As long as you're not making it personal (harassment, doxxing etc.), then you should be able to say whatever you want.

sure, everybody is allowed to speak his/her oppinion as long as it's in a mannered fashion and you're not insulting others.
Shutup NIGGER HAHA

not sure what exactly means to "believe" in it, but i would prefer to live in a society with freedom of speech. canada is unfortunately becoming more cucked like euro countries and losing freedom of speech

For leftists and women? No

yes as far as the internet is concerned. In irl I don't support it if it is causing problems excessively.

yes and no

if you allow free speech then you will have more degeneracy in the world but if you don't allow it then we would just be a bbunch of hypocrites
it seems free speech is used against people saying based things in this era of time.

yes and no because some retards don't deserve to talk