Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do People Really Make Friends At The Gym?

• Thread starter universallyabhorred
  • Start date
universallyabhorred

universallyabhorred

Banned
-
I read in a Quora answer that the gym is a good place to socialize by talking about fitness. But I have never seen anyone making friends or socializing at my gym. Most guys work out alone then go home, the only exceptions are people who come with a partner or those playing team sports, swimming or taking fitness classes.

No man. Almost as bad as the "advice" of talking to people in a cafe.
People are there to work out and get a sweat, not to have conversations with complete strangers.

Most ppl go and do their stuffs and then go home

Quora is largely useless tbh

No, i go to a gym (try to go 3 times a week) and there is literally 0 social interaction. Tbh its better.

I have never seen anyone making friends or socializing at my gym.
no, they make friends at work or school or their roommates and neighbors. i was friends with some gym guys last year, they did not meet at the gym or make any other friends at the gym or pick up girls at the gym, they met at work and decided to lift together. then they changed their workplace to where I worked and I became their friend for a brief while and we lifted together.

when they wanted female action they basically did nothing explicitly to meet new people, they either messaged some women already in their phone from 10 years ago or waited for the women to make the first step on FB/text.

Never tried tbh, made a couple of gymbro friends when I was more jacked, mainly BBC and Korean gymbros.
Am actually in gym now, and not sure it's somewhere u want to make friends because there is crazy halo effect.
Right now am surrounded by about 10 noodles, of them 8 are facially like 3-4, but have crazy work ethic and bodies are like 8+ (given they are noodles) and similar concept for guys, 80% of them are ugly coping incels. If you tried to make friends it would be due to the halo you apply to them because they're gymcelling, and u might end up becoming a red pilled coper like them

It's hard to tell with gymbros because you don't know whether they know each other from somewhere else and just happen to go to the same gym.
After 15 years of going 4-5 times a week, I've never a friend in the gym. There must be something off putting about me.

I never did, always came with a training partner or alone.

I could see you building friendships doing sports though, that definitely happens but working out is too rigid/personal.

No , the only time interaction between gym-goers occurs is when there is a need of spotting. Don't listen to Quora as they are closeted incels

I never have.

Quora is a shitty place to seek advice or take advice of Quorans into consideration.

Idk never been to gym and never will. Gyms are for normies.

If you are an incel everybody ignores you lol

Idk maybe in curryland since it's mainly curries that post on Quora

Jfl at that advice. If u dont make friends as a teen it's fucking over