Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Do I just give up on religion?

Cypher

Cypher

Self-banned
-
I tried to be more religious as when I had first entered college I was surrounded by white trash. I wanted to be around more moral people, little did I know is that I would be getting dragged through the mud. I had decided on Orthodox Christianity and the converts are just cynical only as if they converted to watch it all fall apart. It is just getting way too political as well. On top of issues with converts, I am getting shit from my mother and grandfather who are accusing me of freeloading. Honestly, I am contemplating just calling up the priest and telling him I am done, or just get my conversion over with and then go inactive.

religion is gigacope.

Religion is always a scam.
Go for taoism.

Religion is a cope, if it doesn't work for u anymore just quit

I do like the superstitious aspects of Taoism.
It is a great cope as well. Seriously just read Red Pine's version of Tao Te Ching (it's quite short) and see what you think. It's a philosophy, not religion.

It is a great cope as well. Seriously just read Red Pine's version of Tao Te Ching (it's quite short) and see what you think. It's a philosophy, not religion.

Yes, most East Asian Folk religions are most philosophical as opposed to religious. I also like Occult stuff and Carl Jung's writings.

Can you recommend anything?

Not really sure as I only kind of dabbled into occult stuff and I am not very versed in it. The issue is a lot of Occult writings and groups such as Theosophy society is that they distort their writings and base it off of new-age bullshit.

It's over for you, coping with religion is a bad cope.
Keep coping while Christian chad pounds the good girl becky at your church.

Religion isn’t cope if it’s enforced societally to keep women in check.

Orthodox Christianity? If you aren't from Eastern Europe than get ready for a culture shock. Also Orthodox Christians are probably the most tied to their ethnicity as far as Christian groups are concerned. So I am not sure if they are going to be open to people of other backgrounds. Orthodox Christianity seems almost like an excuse to stick with your own country/language group for many Eastern Europeans.

Only based Islam will save you from inceldom and western degeneracy.

I was only religious because I felt it was patriotic and part of the country. It's dead to me. If God exists I want an explanation as to why I'm ugly, if not, fuck him.

I'm one of the few members of this forum that believes in religion and loves God. Obviously no, I don't think you should give up on your religion because of the rotten acts of a few ignorant people. Remember that God knows about all of our ignorance and imperfect ways and still loves us and what's salvation for us through all of it. Religion is a beautiful thing and even in this world that is filled with cruelty and hate there is plenty of reasons to still believe.

We didn't exist before we were born and we won't exist after we die, with or without religion.

Orthodox Christianity? If you aren't from Eastern Europe than get ready for a culture shock. Also Orthodox Christians are probably the most tied to their ethnicity as far as Christian groups are concerned. So I am not sure if they are going to be open to people of other backgrounds. Orthodox Christianity seems almost like an excuse to stick with your own country/language group for many Eastern Europeans.

Luckily my family is from Eastern Europe and it wasn't a huge culture shock. They are trying to make themselves more open to people of other backgrounds to very bad degrees (such as elements of Fundamental Protestantism creeping in). If you do go to more of an ethnic parish, they will most likely be very curious as to why you are there but their way of conveying it can come off as off-putting.
I'm one of the few members of this forum that believes in religion and loves God. Obviously no, I don't think you should give up on your religion because of the rotten acts of a few ignorant people. Religion is a beautiful thing and even in this world that is filled with cruelty and hate there is plenty of reasons to still believe.

If they were a few rotten acts, I could write them off as one-off incidents. The issue is, these rotten acts are being done by future clergy and if they gain any influence, I feel Orthodox Christianity will become more polarized due to political reasons and it will having nothing to do with dogmatic theology. Yes, I think religion can teach good, but with bad leaders in place, it can break a religion. I also don't really see anything in other denominations of Christianity.

Last edited:
The national church of Finland is pro-gay, pro-immigration, pro-feminism.
I fucking hate my church but I wouldn't say I'm not a Christian

I'm a Buddhist.

Any Buddhists?

The national church of Finland is pro-gay, pro-immigration, pro-feminism.
I fucking hate my church but I wouldn't say I'm not a Christian
Omfg what kind of Christianity side is that?

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

>DUDE IF CHRISTIANITY WAS TRUE WE WOULD ALL BE SWIMMING IN JB PUSSY AND CREAMPING THEM ALL DAY

Reminder that jesus said that the *good times* are yet to come.In christianity the promise is that god will enact just judgement upon those he thinks are worthy of punishment.they never said that it will be now.

Non-denominational is the way to go IMO. All large organizations get infiltrated nowadays.

Religion in a secular state is useless.

Non-denominational is the way to go IMO. All large organizations get infiltrated nowadays.
Infiltrated by who??? The bad guys were the ones who started them tbh.
And smaller organizations get infiltrated in a blink of an eye.
A good "belief" group would be the opposite of a sect: HARD to get into and easy to leave.
Haven't heared of too many unfortunately :feelshmm:

I'm one of the few members of this forum that believes in religion and loves God. Obviously no, I don't think you should give up on your religion because of the rotten acts of a few ignorant people. Remember that God knows about all of our ignorance and imperfect ways and still loves us and what's salvation for us through all of it. Religion is a beautiful thing and even in this world that is filled with cruelty and hate there is plenty of reasons to still believe.
Based.

Christianity is literally the religion of cuckoldry.

The myth of the "virgin" Mary is the tale of a typical Jewish whore who never fucks her husband, and cucks him out all the time. When she gets knocked up by some Roman soldier she makes up an elaborate story of how the creator of the universe magically made her pregnant and these dumb Jews all believe her - the biblical equivalent of #believeallwomen. And these dumb simps and cucks go completely overboard with this idea and turned this story into a religion.