Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do anyone feel too mentally sluggish to learn new things like languages or math?

Mambolovania

Mambolovania

Greycel
I spent 80 fucking USD on an annual Brilliant subscription and my head hurts after trying to learn pre-algebra :feelsseriously: though I shit you not I scored 128 at mensa.dk/iqtest/. Also, my memory feels so shitty even my english (not main language) declined massively over the last 5 years to the point where I must use Deepl, Thesaurus, Cambridge Dictionary, and Grammarly to write more complex phrases than google queries not to mention speaking. I am unable to think in real time in other lang than my native and this is by far the most crucial thing when you want to learn to speak fluently any language.

Been considered the bright kid in primary school, never needed to develop the habit of learning things by myself on daily basis, had first problems with grades in secondary school and in high school it was a full slippery slope. It was either a miracle or a teacher's mistake that I passed in senior high. Nowadays, 1 year after graduating both my 2 friends who don't consider me weird and talk to me daily think I should go to college. Either if I want a decent job, not a blue collar minimum wage, or just want to gain a little bit of authority when discussing the Prussian education system which is one of the biggest social problems in Poland. If you had bad grades in school you are considered just too dumb to even have a right to speak on this topic. Period. I succumbed and decided to start learning maths to make another attempt at final exams. But maths feels so much harder than when I was younger. Math on finals in my country has 2 levels, basic and extended (easy and hard). The latter is usually two times higher scoring in college qualifications, doesn't have a minimum threshold to pass, and is optional. The former has a minimum threshold of 30% of available points and is obligatory. When covid came I literally stopped learning anything other than vocational courses and there was 0 chance to verify by teachers were my grades legit or not during distance learning. A year and a half passed like this. Exams occurred, scored 27% basic lvl :fuk: To qualify for a worthwhile uni, I would have to score a minimum of 50% extended. I have to be at least 78th centile but currently am 17th. How do I mathmaxx? Are any other lifemaxx options other than going to uni when 40% of all your peers go there thanks to publicly funded higher education? To truly ascend I shouldn't go to average uni but best of em all, without this my education will be worthless as I won't be standing out from the crowd.

ps. I exhibit symptoms of adhd or asd though never been to therapy as it is too pricey :cryfeels: also I heard of brain fog or daydreaming but nearly all of the articles on these feel like coaching bs

learning is all about consistency, time spent, AND believing you're up to the task. The last detail is important; if you think you're too stupid or whatever shit you've dreamed up, you won't progress quickly.

btw I didn't read that giant wall of text lol

learning is all about consistency, time spent, AND believing you're up to the task. The last detail is important; if you think you're too stupid or whatever shit you've dreamed up, you won't progress quickly.

btw I didn't read that giant wall of text lol
That's a lot of help brocel, I have problems with math but since I started focusing more on the university, things are improving

That's a lot of help brocel, I have problems with math but since I started focusing more on the university, things are improving
Based. I started teaching myself programming. The hardest thing so far, (and I know this sounds gay), is learning how to learn. The aforementioned attitude helps me.
Be diligent, work, and BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT BECAUSE YOU CAN.
Just trying to impart a little wisdom

Based. I started teaching myself programming. The hardest thing so far, (and I know this sounds gay), is learning how to learn. The aforementioned attitude helps me.
Be diligent, work, and BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT BECAUSE YOU CAN.
Just trying to impart a little wisdom
Good words brocel, that's a good incentive for many here :feelsmage:

During periods of depression or intense stress your memory can take a nose dive, I also scored high on IQ scores yet I often feel like an utter retard because of my depression. :feelsbadman::feelsbadman::feelsbadman:

if you've lived 25 years + as a KHHV outcast,
your not going to feel motivated to do/try difficult things

It overall depends on how much you really want to learn said language, for instance, I've learned french for the past 3 years.

Learning is about having high IQ and being strongly motivated, something that subhumans will lack and chads/stacies automatically have because God is a little motherfucker.
krZYPRVM5_H1Wp0QIKqOrf7TCiUgewemYmOlGUwJfMxItZQpLPL781rs1UF4iEyr-bd-ECRvsoZD_7C1Ua4d8U2_6Z0-dvPGmeJXdtwMdhrlAMaqkBeQ-XSJzKfiWTPAMgOl9fJ8mqBhHaM4kBdN56lPq9aXP9m8pDDPDpc-LIFf9PYsbDGc2k_M1ez0pTA67DAnICirP-tSpBkSBYnnKmhihgF7yZVJiAkSdmomF6vEVmbqlP0UiVyQ2YI2xiyC_MqzEePcRIu_PUFFtIbq2YqZjSlFfiZ2f005_LpvyVKLFaX_yn46LXP87lHU_p_Lw2TA_4iVaYEWPQI1fO8_aqp5OrcHzYXzwG-Z_g1hzGqFVoBxkY8DAmwVQVoR2H6M6isaeWBKTHJIEpEUBU0-15x-JHq2n1G8-WQeLQRQFQTWz00abzYV934fJMap6n6FpAs1VT52NL7YjbdkFyyh7HFjCjdrDxMzEbbgeyyexcdkBPFg6r4ttD4KMCF75E7GS44kz7A0FFBDM9C4HWrFdUMN1vlrky-htSPs6WUQHMWUpWGntziA8A5awcSnFd0ZXOZB3BvIM6gklOWo51yMEWbXMmL-ub6x1dGFqZjKmVb8vmQf3ECGE-NMInTJtUs72AKXsmwXvSeOSTC-q8T0PvboX6N8QcSyrTuMMuVLVG6M08QgGN2bAjXdFEgmHHoR7LPPR_HOi9RktnyA04xs878D1ySlqim7R8LLpnALsd2e1Tlu-_2i9ZO5PFi_InsTmLxx6QCvJcLzEs2kAaH-yqiggsn8HYXjpiamIOJLyzv6TOx7hekgZFxZih-vYequGMQ-y6N7s5hkpCqljTBOdvubZRh-XhdNMGudAOCt9-eXtJhqWDBuoLtkgHGJA5sOd30upaRndiNGvBDURbDSb8S1otbqKfSgZzJTpYt7za2zLLXq=w560-h973-no

Languages, yes. Math, no. I've always excelled at math; I wish I could've found a career in it, tbh. :feelsbadman::feelsbadman::feelsbadman:

I've tried to learn several languages. Spent 5 years in grade school trying to learn to learn German, and failed spectacularly at it. Also tried to learn Sweidsh; even went so far as to find and download a Swedish Pokemon silver ROM, and play Minecraft in Swedish, among other things. All I know is "jävla" and "gråtrunka". :fuk:

Cognitive decline - did you take the vax?