Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment [Discussion] Normie-Tier Music You Like?

• Thread starter DarkStarDownsyndrom
  • Start date
DarkStarDownsyndrom

DarkStarDownsyndrom

nevER lose your smile
★★★★★
Last edited:
I don't know, The Beatles, Kanye West, Michael Jackson, etc.?
That's about as poppy as my music taste gets.

Any normtard music that doesn't involve niggers, foids, or country singers, I can bring myself to deal with. At least Imagine Dragons is an actual good band.

Massive Attack is cool

im 21, how old are you? if you're significantly older or younger than it may be true. if we're around the same age it's probably just nostalgia.

Most of the popular shit on the radio nowadays is just normie garbage, but there are a few songs I find good. Johnny Cash and ABBA are good, also binging the Fallout series has made me appreciate some of the oldies music featured in those games.

I have a laughably cucked and NPC tate in music tbh. Like, Goyslop TikTok tier pop songs about things that I will never experience but somehow manage to relate to and get sad over are something I actually enjoy listening to for some reason. :forcedsmile:

View: https://youtu.be/qe3rCMqRFs8?si=_HF-KpgHF1hBmu6t

View: https://youtu.be/0kGkf938CGU?si=t55UkxB4D502iEsq
I don't know, The Beatles, Kanye West, Michael Jackson, etc.?
That's about as poppy as my music taste gets.
Based Kanye enjoyer :feelsYall:

@weaselbomber WHITE ALBUM 2 at 0:54
:ha..feels: bro watched it a little too quick
Don't you like MJ too? Or is this a dog whistle :soy::soy::soy:
Michael jackson's hits are exceptional, of course. Billie Jean and Bad are cold af. I like Smooth Criminal, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, and Rock With You, too.

Last edited:
I was surprised to find out that people liked house music as much as I did. Fisher is now for clubbing normies

Michael jackson's hits are exceptional, of course. Billie Jean and Bad are cold af. I like Smooth Criminal,
Truth. Normgroid music specifically peaked here.
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, and Rock With You, too.
My favorite album from him is Off The Wall. The music on that album is punchy, energetic, groovy, textured, and layered. Get on the floor, working day n night, and the title track are great too.

Last edited:
i like Talking Heads
is that normie enough?

i like Talking Heads
is that normie enough?
:feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:
The only song that normies listen to from talking heads is once in a lifetime and that's an inconsequential pool of normgroids and haggard old fucks.

Truth. Normgroid music specifically peaked here.
Respectable take.
My favorite album from him is Off The Wall, it's incredible. The music on that album is so punchy, energetic, groovy, textured, and layered. Get on the floor, working day n night, and the title track are great too.
Noted. I've listened to several of the tracks from this album already, but I'll listen to it in full now that you recommend. It did seem like the album from his discography with the most soul just from judging by the cover alone.
never would i have expected to see WA2 in a zoomer AMV
I see it from time to time in sad AMVs and from what little I've seen tbh its visual style an art direction looks pretty nondescript and interchangable with most anime from the late 2000's/early 2010's. I know it's going to be a good show though.
i like Talking Heads
is that normie enough?
:no::no::no:

Obscure boomer tunes afaic

Last edited:
I see it from time to time in sad AMVs and tbh the visual style an art direction looks very nondescript and interchangable with most anime from the late 2000's/early 2010's. I know it's going to be a good show though.
it's okay, a decent adaptation of the first portion of the VN, but it gets WAY better the more you read
:no::no::no:

Obscure boomer tunes afaic
over for me
maybe Black Sabbath?

it's okay, a decent adaptation of the first portion of the VN, but it gets WAY better the more you read
I've never watched it, as with most VN adaptations aside from Steins;Gate, I haven't even watched Clannad.
Does the anime cover the ending chapter and coda? 13 episodes is surely not enough.

I see. Just okay? I had higher hopes for the adaptation ngl.
over for me
maybe Black Sabbath?
I think liking most metal other than Metallica and bands with an emo vibe is a little bit too indicative of having tastes that deviate from what normies prefer, unless you're a female, of course, then you can get away with being into anything and reap the benefits of the attention you get from liking said thing. This is especially true of older bands.

I've never watched it, as with most VN adaptations aside from Steins;Gate, I haven't even watched Clannad.
Actually I've watch troongurashi but the VN was way better and I dropped the anime in like 2 episodes.

if the adaptation doesn't cover the ending chapter and coda, i don't even know why it would be made. That's like adapting muv-luv extra but not including unlimited and alternative.

Does the anime cover the ending chapter and coda? 13 episodes is surely not enough.
nope, it's just introductory chapter
it's pretty good, I just think that it pales in comparison to what comes after it in the visual novel

nope, it's just introductory chapter

It's like adapting steins;gate but having it stop right before moeka pwns mayuri

over for me
maybe Black Sabbath?
My sister learned some of their songs on guitar back when she was first getting into metal.
Actually I've watch troongurashi but the VN was way better and I dropped the anime in like 2 episodes.
I actually thought Higurashi proved to be much more effective than most anime in its genre. Even though the actual timeline of the narratives themselves can be a little hit or miss, the execution of the atmosphere and tone of the mysteries' puzzle-piece style was borderline thrilling.
if the adaptation doesn't cover the ending chapter and coda, i don't even know why it would be made. That's like adapting muv-luv extra but not including unlimited and alternative.
it's pretty good, I just think that it pales in comparison to what comes after it in the visual novel
Tbf expecting a visual novel adaptation in general to please the fans while being faithful to the source material is pretty much impossible. Firstly, no matter how it's done it won't satisfy all of the visual novel readers.

It's like adapting steins;gate but having it stop right before moeka pwns mayuri
I saw Steins;Gate for the first time in 2021, and while most of it escapes my memory, I remember it being quite good. Definitley due for a rewatch.

My sister said she dropped it on the first episode because it was too boring and big brain for her to get what was going on :lul:

Tbf expecting a visual novel adaptation in general to please the fans while being faithful to the source material is pretty much impossible. Firstly, no matter how it's done it won't satisfy all of the visual novel readers.
WA2 anime has the advantage of adapting a section with no choices, just the story, so it's kinda like an LN adaptation

My sister said she dropped it on the first episode because it was too boring and big brain for her to get what was going on :lul:
How do you get filtered by the hook episode...............

How do you get filtered by the hook episode...............
lol right? just foid things.

Now, I have seen plenty of shows which had really strong openers, only to go downhill later thanks to poor writing, structure, and production issues. A good first episode isn’t always indicative of a good series overall—it’s just that I’ve never seen a show that I thought legitimately started off poor, and then became great later. This seems to be an unpopular stance, though, as I’ve been told countless times by other fans about how certain shows have weak beginnings and then get good later on; for instance, this seems to be a commonly-held opinion of Steins;Gate—one of the most popular and critically-acclaimed anime I can think of.

To some extent, I can understand a lot of viewers for having difficulty parsing the first episode, because it can be slightly puzzling—especially if you haven’t seen the show already. The episode is full of little hints towards things that happen later, and some of the events won’t really click into place until you’ve had a better understanding of the series narrative. But, conversely, this actually makes the episode even more effective on the rewatch, since there’s so many little “a-ha!” moments sprinkled in that you wouldn’t have noticed initially—but for a first-time viewer, parts of it can understandably throw normies who can't employ critical thinking for a loop.
>he doesn't read LNs
Spice and Wolf and Mushoku Tensei are best experienced in LN forms tbh
And you're probably right. But “The novel is better.” meme is a fallacy. While it’s true most anime are just advertisements for the source material, especially those produced by companies like Kadokawa, shilling the source material to your fellow weebs is assuming they actually give a shit about reading it, but I don’t. I’m trying to find good anime, not good manga, and certainly not good light novels.

Last edited:
And you're probably right. But “The novel is better.” meme is a fallacy. While it’s true most anime are just advertisements for the source material, especially those produced by companies like Kadokawa, shilling the source material to your fellow anime fans is assuming they actually give a shit about reading it, but I don’t. I’m trying to find good anime, not good manga, and certainly not good light novels.
understandable POV, but i think that in general the source material is superior. There are exceptions (the muv luv anime is god awful) but those two examples I gave in particular are genuinely great works of fiction that are limited in their scope by the 24 minute anime format. not that the adaptations of those are bad. i wouldn't recommend the LNs of shitpost romcoms like Oregairu, though

minor threat
swans
godflesh
sigur ros
choking victim
JD

how normie is my taste?

minor threat
swans
godflesh
sigur ros
choking victim
JD

how normie is my taste?
Normies aren't listening to any of this shit aside from swans maybe

understandable POV, but i think that in general the source material is superior. There are exceptions but those two examples I gave in particular are genuinely great works of fiction that are limited in their scope by the 24 minute anime format. not that the adaptations of those are bad.
Respectable opinion. I believe that ultimately comes down to your personal preference for the light novel medium over the less intensive and in-depth nature of the anime viewing experience. I absolutely love the first two cours of Mushoku Tensei, especially the first one. Those first 12 episodes were so lovingly brought to screen and passionately well-crafted from an audiovisual standpoint that I think I would still prefer them if I read the LN.

An adaptation is entitled to criticism based on its own merits, but if it falls short of the source material's caliber to a glaring extent (assuming the source material was worth my time in the first place, of course), that gives me even less of a reason to assume the novel which it’s advertising is any less shitty. It should be the responsibility of the anime adaptation to provide a convincing enough account of the story to compel me to read the original material, so most of the time, I'm not going to physically go out of my way and take it upon myself to do so.
(the muv luv anime is god awful)
lol I've heard.

Last edited:
i wouldn't recommend the LNs of shitpost romcoms like Oregairu, though
Oregairu had the potential to become the first genuinely semi-blackpilled romcom, but it just ended up being generic and often boring. It's still comparatively clever given the banality of most high school romcoms, though. It feels like the author wanted to make Hachiman a Tomihiko Morimi protagonist, but he fell short because Wataru Watari has the penmanship of, well, an edgy teenager.

Last edited:
Oregairu had the potential to become the first genuinely semi-blackpilled romcom, but it just ended up being generic and often boring. It's still comparatively clever given the banality of most high school romcoms, though. It feels like the author wanted to make Hachiman a Tomihiko Morimi protagonist, but he fell short because Wataru Watari has the penmanship of, well, an edgy teenager.
SmartSelect 20240523 022408 Discord

Title.

Most music normshits listen to is garbage(water) but occasionally, some of it can be decent: Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I've noticed that normgroid shit from a decade ago mogs everything nowadays.

Examples:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvQ2LF3hyuY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJao1u2uBqY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoatSoGva_I

I find it a great shame I can't relate to 99% of music which of course it's about love, heartbreak, sex, dating and so on. But it doesnt stop me from enjoying it. A friend told me years ago "bro u keep asking for the aux to put all these songs... do you have a girl in your mind when you listen to them at least?" Of course the answer was no but I get vibing to a song and my biggest fantasy is driving into a sunset listening to music and smoking after I just got laid for the first time. I also listen to basically any kind of rap, murder, money, hoes, whatever, Murder on my mind by YNW melly is my favourite song ever even doe I never even threw a punch in my life.

I saw Steins;Gate for the first time in 2021, and while most of it escapes my memory, I remember it being quite good. Definitley due for a rewatch.

Similar thing happened to me, need give it another chance but I couldn't last time because it had a slow beginning.