Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion If you became crippled?

THE TRUE DIGLET

THE TRUE DIGLET

Paragone
★★★★★
You’ve been involved in an accident the left you permanently crippled, do you think you’ll be able to live through being wheelchair bound? How hard would if get?

IMG 0414

Maybe besides not being able to go to the bathroom without help (though I’m sure there’s way one could), not much would change I don’t leave the house often I’ll probably just laying in bed for most time. The things I’ll miss most would probably not being able to walk outside and let my mind unwind not sure if rolling with a wheelchair would have the same. That and not being able to drive but I never liked it in the first place

I would rope ASAP

First of all, good question.

In Gattaca, Jerome found being wheelchair-bound for the rest of his life to be depressing, and in the end, he did rope. But Jerome had excellent genetics, was an arrogant sexhaver and a champion swimmer, so his situation is very different.

For me, personally, it's a little more complicated. It would be a trade-off. Gymmaxxing is one of my preferred copes for the serotonin boost which it provides. On one hand, I wouldn't be able to gymmaxx my lower body any more. However, on the other hand, I could still gymmaxx my upper body and continue harvesting serotonin that way.

In addition, I was previously a NEET for 6 years. I greatly enjoyed that life (as I'm sure that we all do/would), but the NEETbux is garbage in my country, so this was only really made possible due to the generosity of my parents.

In this hypothetical scenario, I would be eligible for disabilitybux, which is a lot more than NEETbux. Would I be rich? No, but it would be more than enough for someone such as myself with no significant outgoing expenses. I would never have to work again. Now, due to the fact that I wouldn't be working any more, that means that I would have a lot more free time on my hands. I would devote much of this time to clearing my frankly enormous vidya and movies backlog. I would do some more conspiracymaxxing like when I was a NEET, as well.

In conclusion: essentially, life would revert back to how it used to be when I was a NEET, which is something that I think about every day. It would be comfy, and a sizable improvement.

Disabilitybux and ER (Eat Radishes)