Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Discussing Elliot Rodger's main insecurities

Do you agree with the analysis?

• Yes

• No

• Partially

• Awoooooooooo!

Results are only viewable after voting.
sneed (not chuck)

sneed (not chuck)

Banned
-
Do you want high-quality content? Here you go. Let's engage with the central figure within inceldom. In My Twisted World, Elliot Rodger discusses several issues and insecurities. I believe it is possible to narrow things down to three main insecurities. Thoughts?

1. Height.
One of the insecurities that constantly come up in Elliot’s manifesto is his height. It’s spoken of so intensely that it borders on obsession. From a young age Elliot believes that he is smaller than the rest of his peers and, as a result, often feels inferior, intimidated, disempowered and dominated by everyone around him. One of the shining examples from the manifesto that mark the beginnings of Elliot’s height anxiety is when he visits Universal Studios and is too short to board the amusement rides: Elliot writes: “The ride that I was so excited to enjoy at the theme park was forbidden to me. I immediately fell into a crying tantrum, and my mother had to comfort me. Being denied entry on a simple amusement park ride due to my height may seem like only a small injustice, but it was big for me at time. Little did I know, this injustice was very small indeed compared to all the things I’ll be denied in the future because of my height.”

From this incident, we see the seeds of his insecurities being sown. What was in actual fact a simple safety measurement put in place for practical reasons, Elliot Rodger interpreted as society telling him that because of his height he would be cordoned off from some of the joys of life. The feelings of inferiority that arise from this complex are revealed in another incident that occurs when young Elliot goes on camp is bullied by a taller girl. Surprisingly, Rodger is quite a descriptive writer is able to express his feelings quite eloquently. When speaking on the incident, he writes: “It made me feel like an insignificant, unworthy little mouse. I felt so small and vulnerable.”

It’s clear that his height was a notable source of anxiety. One of the ways this manifests in his life is through intense jealousy for men taller than him who were successful with women. In Elliot’s own words: “Jealousy and envy… those are two feelings that would dominate my entire life and bring me immense pain.”.

Elliot’s younger brother Jazz becomes one of the biggest targets of Elliot’s jealousy. When he speaks about his brother, Elliot Rodger says “I realized how much different my brother Jazz was from me at that age. While I was shy, short, and physically weak; Jazz was tall for his age and very social. He had no problem going up to other boys at the playground and making instant friends. I began to form a bitter envy towards him, though I hid it really well. My little brother had all the potential to grow up to be a popular kid and live the life I was never able to live. I cursed the world for granting my little brother Jazz so many more advantages than me.”. His jealousy grows so intense that in Elliot Rodger’s initial plan for the Day of Retribution, he had intended to first drive to his stepmother’s house and kill Jazz because he couldn’t bear to have his brother grow up and surpass him. Luckily, things didn’t go as planned, Elliot never went to his stepmother’s house and Jazz was spared.

Elliot seems to cope with the inferiority complex arising from his height anxiety by embracing an extreme narcissism as a defensive mechanism. He puts on a façade of an extremely confident individual, calls himself the “supreme gentleman” and convinces himself that he is a god amongst men.

However, what strikes me as the most confusing detail is that Elliot Rodger was 5’9 or 175cm. The average height for an American male is 5’10 making him a negligible one inch below the average. Although he is far from the ideal of 6 feet, being 5'9 certainly doesn't doom someone to inceldom on its own.

2. Race
The second body issue that surfaces in his manifesto is his race. With a Caucasian father and Asian mother Elliot Rodger was mixed race, something he was far from happy about. He believed that due to his mixed-race status, he was being rejected by his peers. As Elliot Rodger says: “On top of this was the feeling that I was different because I am of mixed race. I am half White, half Asian, and this made me different from the normal fully-white kids that I was trying to fit in with.

This form of self-hate due to race can be seen as a form of internalized racism which can be defined as “an individual's conscious and unconscious acceptance of a racial hierarchy in which whites are consistently ranked above People of Colour”. One of the ways this internalized racism is expressed is through an idolization of the white race. Throughout the manifesto, Elliot expresses a fetishization of whiteness, especially tall, blonde white females who are often the subject of his sexual fantasies. He tends to cope with this internalized racism not by empowering himself but by denigrating others.

He tends to find races he believes to be lower than him on the social hierarchy and imposes on them the same discrimination and prejudice he feels he has been subjected to. One of the most disturbing times this occurs is when, in college, Elliot hears a black student talk about how he lost his virginity to a blonde white girl at age 13. Elliot snaps, runs to his room, and cries before calling his mother and crying to her on the phone. He expresses his extreme racism when he says: “How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half-white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves. I deserve it more. I tried not to believe his foul words, but they were already said, and it was hard to erase from my mind. If this is actually true, if this ugly black filth was able to have sex with a blonde white girl at the age of thirteen while I’ve had to suffer virginity all my life, then this just proves how ridiculous the female gender is. They would give themselves to this filthy scum, but they reject ME? The injustice!”

A similar incident occurs when Elliot Rodger goes out to a restaurant with his father and finds a Mexican man with a white blonde female. The sight alone of an interracial relationship infuriates him and he is further enraged by the fact that he believes that he, as a half-white male, was worthier of the blonde. When expressing his frustrations, Elliot says: How could an inferior Mexican guy be able to date a white blonde girl, while I was still suffering as a lonely virgin? I was ashamed to be in such an inferior position in front my father. When I saw the two of them kissing, I could barely contain my rage. I stood up in anger, and I was about to walk up to them and pour my glass of soda all over their heads. I probably would have, if father wasn’t there. I was seething with envious rage, and my father was there to watch it all. It was so humiliating. I wasn’t the son I wanted to present to my father. I should be the one with the hot blonde girl, making my father proud. Instead, my father had to watch me suffer in a pathetic position.”

3. Masculinity
The third insecurity that Elliot Rodger mentions is his masculinity which I believe may have been at the center of all his other issues. Everything else he mentions from his height to his virginity seem to offend him because they draw away from his masculinity. He often compares himself to his male peers and feels as though he doesn’t size up to them. He also sees girls rejecting him as an attack on his masculinity.

To Elliot, sex and having a girlfriend were rites of passage into manhood, and failing to achieve those things while his peers did inspired feelings of inferiority within him. In the ninth grade, Elliot hears his friend talking about losing his virginity and upon hearing this he says: “I felt so inferior to him, and I hated him.” In Elliot’s mental landscape masculinity becomes a constant competition and failing to acquire the tokens of masculinity was a sign of failure and something to be ashamed of. Thus, because of his virginity, Elliot believed that other men didn’t view him as a peer.

Elaborating on this idea, Elliot says: “I had to suffer the shame of other boys respecting me less because I didn’t get any girls. Everyone knew I was a virgin. Everyone knew how undesirable I was to girls, and I hated everyone just for knowing it. I want people to think that girls adore me. I want to feel worthy.”. The unfortunate thing is that Elliot’s anxiety may not be completely unfounded. Throughout his manifesto examples can be found of Elliot being mocked by his male peers which points to the fact Elliot may very well have been genuinely persecuted for not living up to societal standards of masculinity.

Interestingly, Elliot makes up for his emasculation by aggressively performing masculinity in other ways mainly through the desire for the acquisition and control of resources. Shopping for clothing becomes a therapeutic habit for Elliot as he believes buying expensive clothing will make women like him better. Of course, relating to others is much more complex than that and as a result Elliot’s plans to get a girlfriend by wearing expensive clothing fails. He also develops a weird obsession with the lottery, going so far as to travel to other states when the jackpot was big enough. Again, he believes that by becoming rich he will be respected and girls will like him more.

Due to his constant social failure and perceived emasculation, Elliot Rodger grows an obsession with power which ultimately leads to the Isla Vista Mass Shooting. From the manifesto it becomes evident that Elliot’s motivation for the mass shooting was to make himself feel heard and feel powerful and the only way he believed he could do that was through an act of terror. As the manifesto proceeds and the perceived rejections pile on, the character of Elliot grows much darker, much more interested in controlling others and the misogyny and violent fantasies grow more frequent.

It is my belief that Elliot’s masculinity issues and subsequent desire for power were key pieces in why he wanted to enact the “Day of Retribution”. All the previously mentioned incidents Elliot viewed as society conspiring against him and deeming him unworthy. Thus, his attack was a way of reasserting himself and proving he was a powerful person. Elliot Rodger himself says that much in his manifesto. In perhaps his most lucid explanation for his motivations, he writes: "Women’s rejection of me was a declaration of war. They insulted me by deeming me inferior of their love and sex. They hate me, and I will return that hatred one-thousandfold. I will inflict suffering on everyone in Isla Vista, just like they have made me suffer. In the past, I have always been at their mercy, and I was given none. On the Day of Retribution, everyone will be at my mercy, and in turn, I will show them no mercy at all. My Retribution will be so devastating that it will shake the very foundations of the world.”

How can a fakecel be the "central figure within inceldom"?
Like it not, he's the first person that comes to mind when inceldom is mentioned to most people. In my opinion, he is a fakecel. However, mentalcels will argue to the contrary and, judging by the fact that he died a virgin, it is hard to argue that he is not a truecel. Did he not want sex, fail to achieve it, and die a virgin? The fact that there may have been routes of ascension available becomes pointless if he was too mentally retarded to take advantage of them or understand how to abide by modern dating conventions.

Do you want high-quality content? Here you go. Let's engage with the central figure within inceldom. In My Twisted World, Elliot Rodger discusses several issues and insecurities. I believe it is possible to narrow things down to three main insecurities. Thoughts?

1. Height.
One of the insecurities that constantly come up in Elliot’s manifesto is his height. It’s spoken of so intensely that it borders on obsession. From a young age Elliot believes that he is smaller than the rest of his peers and, as a result, often feels inferior, intimidated, disempowered and dominated by everyone around him. One of the shining examples from the manifesto that mark the beginnings of Elliot’s height anxiety is when he visits Universal Studios and is too short to board the amusement rides: Elliot writes: “The ride that I was so excited to enjoy at the theme park was forbidden to me. I immediately fell into a crying tantrum, and my mother had to comfort me. Being denied entry on a simple amusement park ride due to my height may seem like only a small injustice, but it was big for me at time. Little did I know, this injustice was very small indeed compared to all the things I’ll be denied in the future because of my height.”

From this incident, we see the seeds of his insecurities being sown. What was in actual fact a simple safety measurement put in place for practical reasons, Elliot Rodger interpreted as society telling him that because of his height he would be cordoned off from some of the joys of life. The feelings of inferiority that arise from this complex are revealed in another incident that occurs when young Elliot goes on camp is bullied by a taller girl. Surprisingly, Rodger is quite a descriptive writer is able to express his feelings quite eloquently. When speaking on the incident, he writes: “It made me feel like an insignificant, unworthy little mouse. I felt so small and vulnerable.”

It’s clear that his height was a notable source of anxiety. One of the ways this manifests in his life is through intense jealousy for men taller than him who were successful with women. In Elliot’s own words: “Jealousy and envy… those are two feelings that would dominate my entire life and bring me immense pain.”.

Elliot’s younger brother Jazz becomes one of the biggest targets of Elliot’s jealousy. When he speaks about his brother, Elliot Rodger says “I realized how much different my brother Jazz was from me at that age. While I was shy, short, and physically weak; Jazz was tall for his age and very social. He had no problem going up to other boys at the playground and making instant friends. I began to form a bitter envy towards him, though I hid it really well. My little brother had all the potential to grow up to be a popular kid and live the life I was never able to live. I cursed the world for granting my little brother Jazz so many more advantages than me.”. His jealousy grows so intense that in Elliot Rodger’s initial plan for the Day of Retribution, he had intended to first drive to his stepmother’s house and kill Jazz because he couldn’t bear to have his brother grow up and surpass him. Luckily, things didn’t go as planned, Elliot never went to his stepmother’s house and Jazz was spared.

Elliot seems to cope with the inferiority complex arising from his height anxiety by embracing an extreme narcissism as a defensive mechanism. He puts on a façade of an extremely confident individual, calls himself the “supreme gentleman” and convinces himself that he is a god amongst men.

However, what strikes me as the most confusing detail is that Elliot Rodger was 5’9 or 175cm. The average height for an American male is 5’10 making him a negligible one inch below the average. Although he is far from the ideal of 6 feet, being 5'9 certainly doesn't doom someone to inceldom on its own.

2. Race
The second body issue that surfaces in his manifesto is his race. With a Caucasian father and Asian mother Elliot Rodger was mixed race, something he was far from happy about. He believed that due to his mixed-race status, he was being rejected by his peers. As Elliot Rodger says: “On top of this was the feeling that I was different because I am of mixed race. I am half White, half Asian, and this made me different from the normal fully-white kids that I was trying to fit in with.

This form of self-hate due to race can be seen as a form of internalized racism which can be defined as “an individual's conscious and unconscious acceptance of a racial hierarchy in which whites are consistently ranked above People of Colour”. One of the ways this internalized racism is expressed is through an idolization of the white race. Throughout the manifesto, Elliot expresses a fetishization of whiteness, especially tall, blonde white females who are often the subject of his sexual fantasies. He tends to cope with this internalized racism not by empowering himself but by denigrating others.

He tends to find races he believes to be lower than him on the social hierarchy and imposes on them the same discrimination and prejudice he feels he has been subjected to. One of the most disturbing times this occurs is when, in college, Elliot hears a black student talk about how he lost his virginity to a blonde white girl at age 13. Elliot snaps, runs to his room, and cries before calling his mother and crying to her on the phone. He expresses his extreme racism when he says: “How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half-white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves. I deserve it more. I tried not to believe his foul words, but they were already said, and it was hard to erase from my mind. If this is actually true, if this ugly black filth was able to have sex with a blonde white girl at the age of thirteen while I’ve had to suffer virginity all my life, then this just proves how ridiculous the female gender is. They would give themselves to this filthy scum, but they reject ME? The injustice!”

A similar incident occurs when Elliot Rodger goes out to a restaurant with his father and finds a Mexican man with a white blonde female. The sight alone of an interracial relationship infuriates him and he is further enraged by the fact that he believes that he, as a half-white male, was worthier of the blonde. When expressing his frustrations, Elliot says: How could an inferior Mexican guy be able to date a white blonde girl, while I was still suffering as a lonely virgin? I was ashamed to be in such an inferior position in front my father. When I saw the two of them kissing, I could barely contain my rage. I stood up in anger, and I was about to walk up to them and pour my glass of soda all over their heads. I probably would have, if father wasn’t there. I was seething with envious rage, and my father was there to watch it all. It was so humiliating. I wasn’t the son I wanted to present to my father. I should be the one with the hot blonde girl, making my father proud. Instead, my father had to watch me suffer in a pathetic position.”

3. Masculinity
The third insecurity that Elliot Rodger mentions is his masculinity which I believe may have been at the center of all his other issues. Everything else he mentions from his height to his virginity seem to offend him because they draw away from his masculinity. He often compares himself to his male peers and feels as though he doesn’t size up to them. He also sees girls rejecting him as an attack on his masculinity.

To Elliot, sex and having a girlfriend were rites of passage into manhood, and failing to achieve those things while his peers did inspired feelings of inferiority within him. In the ninth grade, Elliot hears his friend talking about losing his virginity and upon hearing this he says: “I felt so inferior to him, and I hated him.” In Elliot’s mental landscape masculinity becomes a constant competition and failing to acquire the tokens of masculinity was a sign of failure and something to be ashamed of. Thus, because of his virginity, Elliot believed that other men didn’t view him as a peer.

Elaborating on this idea, Elliot says: “I had to suffer the shame of other boys respecting me less because I didn’t get any girls. Everyone knew I was a virgin. Everyone knew how undesirable I was to girls, and I hated everyone just for knowing it. I want people to think that girls adore me. I want to feel worthy.”. The unfortunate thing is that Elliot’s anxiety may not be completely unfounded. Throughout his manifesto examples can be found of Elliot being mocked by his male peers which points to the fact Elliot may very well have been genuinely persecuted for not living up to societal standards of masculinity.

Interestingly, Elliot makes up for his emasculation by aggressively performing masculinity in other ways mainly through the desire for the acquisition and control of resources. Shopping for clothing becomes a therapeutic habit for Elliot as he believes buying expensive clothing will make women like him better. Of course, relating to others is much more complex than that and as a result Elliot’s plans to get a girlfriend by wearing expensive clothing fails. He also develops a weird obsession with the lottery, going so far as to travel to other states when the jackpot was big enough. Again, he believes that by becoming rich he will be respected and girls will like him more.

Due to his constant social failure and perceived emasculation, Elliot Rodger grows an obsession with power which ultimately leads to the Isla Vista Mass Shooting. From the manifesto it becomes evident that Elliot’s motivation for the mass shooting was to make himself feel heard and feel powerful and the only way he believed he could do that was through an act of terror. As the manifesto proceeds and the perceived rejections pile on, the character of Elliot grows much darker, much more interested in controlling others and the misogyny and violent fantasies grow more frequent.

It is my belief that Elliot’s masculinity issues and subsequent desire for power were key pieces in why he wanted to enact the “Day of Retribution”. All the previously mentioned incidents Elliot viewed as society conspiring against him and deeming him unworthy. Thus, his attack was a way of reasserting himself and proving he was a powerful person. Elliot Rodger himself says that much in his manifesto. In perhaps his most lucid explanation for his motivations, he writes: "Women’s rejection of me was a declaration of war. They insulted me by deeming me inferior of their love and sex. They hate me, and I will return that hatred one-thousandfold. I will inflict suffering on everyone in Isla Vista, just like they have made me suffer. In the past, I have always been at their mercy, and I was given none. On the Day of Retribution, everyone will be at my mercy, and in turn, I will show them no mercy at all. My Retribution will be so devastating that it will shake the very foundations of the world.”
Only if he had killed his brother Jazz. That would've been a happy ending. All in all extremely well written. Incels will call Eliot a fakecel but honestly he went through so much humiliation and mockery that he deserves to always be remembered as a saint. Our saint. All hail ER :dab: :feelsLSD:
How can a fakecel be the "central figure within inceldom"?
Probably because he's attractive and halo effect.

Being Half sand half white seems to mog Hapacels
Because women are attracted to Arabs because of dark triad pill and Arabs being masculine. You'd be surprised how many white women in the United States fantasize about being dominated by a strong Arab man.

Because women are attracted to Arabs because of dark triad pill and Arabs being masculine. You'd be surprised how many white women in the United States fantasize about being dominated by a strong Arab man.
How many, Surprise me :feelshaha:

INCELLAHU AKBAR

manletism is hell

Like it not, he's the first person that comes to mind when inceldom is mentioned to most people. In my opinion, he is a fakecel. However, mentalcels will argue to the contrary and, judging by the fact that he died a virgin, it is hard to argue that he is not a truecel. Did he not want sex, fail to achieve it, and die a virgin? The fact that there may have been routes of ascension available becomes pointless if he was too mentally retarded to take advantage of them or understand how to abide by modern dating conventions.
I don't think he was a fakecel tbh. He had a small frame, a childish face and weird lips. He came across as rather effeminate which is one hell of a pussy repellent. He wasn't a freak of nature but definitely not attractive. Can't even be classified as a low-tier normie imho.
Yes he had autism but had he been NT I highly doubt he would have got laid anyway, since he was also living in a wealthy part of the LA area not far from Hollywood full of hyper-masculine jocks

I don't think he was a fakecel tbh. He had a small frame, a childish face and weird lips. He came across as rather effeminate which is one hell of a pussy repellent. He wasn't a freak of nature but definitely not attractive. Can't even be classified as a low-tier normie imho.
Yes he had autism but had he been NT I highly doubt he would have got laid anyway, since he was also living in a wealthy part of the LA area not far from Hollywood full of hyper-masculine jocks
Absolutely, i don't understand how can someone think he wasn't an incel.

He also had a small dick.

Only if he had killed his brother Jazz. That would've been a happy ending. All in all extremely well written. Incels will call Eliot a fakecel but honestly he went through so much humiliation and mockery that he deserves to always be remembered as a saint. Our saint. All hail ER :dab: :feelsLSD:

Women’s rejection of me was a declaration of war. They insulted me by deeming me inferior of their love and sex. They hate me, and I will return that hatred one-thousandfold. I will inflict suffering on everyone in Isla Vista, just like they have made me suffer. In the past, I have always been at their mercy, and I was given none. On the Day of Retribution, everyone will be at my mercy, and in turn, I will show them no mercy at all. My Retribution will be so devastating that it will shake the very foundations of the world.
Facts. Except my day of retribution will be everyday. I will win through diplomacy with Machiavelli as my mentor.

Only if he had killed his brother Jazz. That would've been a happy ending. All in all extremely well written. Incels will call Eliot a fakecel but honestly he went through so much humiliation and mockery that he deserves to always be remembered as a saint. Our saint. All hail ER
I definitely agree here and other cels calling him a fake cell are just bunch of cucks. What ER did started not only the foundation of INCELS but it started a movement that we have rn. Hail ER!!

If ER was alive now and found this site he would have 100 % ascended through our knowledge.

With his money he could go to a poor EE or siberian village in Russia far east and get a blonde gf like he always wanted.