Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Digitizing consciousness

Grey Man

Grey Man

“Do not go gentle into that good night”
The vast majority of what contributes to inception is all due to genetics and looks. There are some other factors like environment, parents, but primarily, it is our genetics that fucked us over.

What if we found a way to transform human consciousness into a digital material? We could store our souls in a disc and put it in the body of a 6’4” Chad with blue eyes and an 8” inch cock.
If any of you have watched Altered Carbon you would know what I am talking about. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2261227/

Basically it is a show set in the future where humans are able to store their consciousness in “cortical stacks.” You can put yourself in ANY body you want, if you can pay the price. The catch is if your stack is destroyed you die forever. But billionaires can back themselves up to the cloud even if their disc is destroyed.

This wouldn’t just solve inceldom. It would make humans effectively immortal. Cancer, HIV, dementia, any disease or disability would just be a thing of the past.

The best thing about this tech? It’s the fact that it might not be impossible and may even be achievable in our lifetime.

The vast majority of what contributes to inception is all due to genetics and looks. There are some other factors like environment, parents, but primarily, it is our genetics that fucked us over.

What if we found a way to transform human consciousness into a digital material? We could store our souls in a disc and put it in the body of a 6’4” Chad with blue eyes and an 8” inch cock.
If any of you have watched Altered Carbon you would know what I am talking about. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2261227/

Basically it is a show set in the future where humans are able to store their consciousness in “cortical stacks.” You can put yourself in ANY body you want, if you can pay the price. The catch is if your stack is destroyed you die forever. But billionaires can back themselves up to the cloud even if their disc is destroyed.

This wouldn’t just solve inceldom. It would make humans effectively immortal. Cancer, HIV, dementia, any disease or disability would just be a thing of the past.

The best thing about this tech? It’s the fact that it might not be impossible and may even be achievable in our lifetime.

It's a fascinating topic, but I doubt it can be realized in my lifetime. "We'll see" in the future

It's a fascinating topic, but I doubt it can be realized in my lifetime. "We'll see" in the future

Take this with a grain of salt because I don’t think it’s a credible source.
TLdR: some tech companies claim that digital immortality may be a thing by 2050.

I’m still young and in College, maybe I’ll become a scientist that can help the bros transform into Chads someday.

The one biggest limitation of this technology I think, is the fact that tyrants could also upload themselves and enslave people without the fear of death. That is basically what Chinese Emperor Qin Shi Huang tried to do. He tried countless methods to achieve immortality through various elixirs and medicines. Ironically this caused him to die early at 39 because he tried to drink mercury thinking it would make him live forever JFL.

The one biggest limitation of this technology I think, is the fact that tyrants could also upload themselves and enslave people without the fear of death. That is basically what Chinese Emperor Qin Shi Huang tried to do. He tried countless methods to achieve immortality through various elixirs and medicines. Ironically this caused him to die early at 39 because he tried to drink mercury thinking it would make him live forever JFL.
it is an extremely complicated topic to talk about, this is a task that human beings, philosophy and ethics should answer extensively before this happens, or at least I would do so personally, in order to avoid dictators and tyrants who thanks to their supposed immortality can have control over people and the country. Maybe on this point of view quantum computers could help us by answering logical questions, on how to solve world hunger through very complicated calculations, solve problems related to economics or answer ethical questions that are connected to philosophy, or solve problems related to diseases ... and other things that I could talk about, but that are not my responsibility. Maybe there could be some rules (or maybe there will be for sure), a maximum and minimum time.. I don't even know where to start talking, but that's it.

this is a task that human beings, philosophy and ethics should answer extensively before this happens, or at least I would do so personally

Humans usually don’t think about consequences before introducing technology. There is also the danger of dictators hogging this technology and keeping it away from everyone.

Maybe on this point of view quantum computers could help us by answering logical questions, on how to solve world hunger through very complicated calculations, solve problems related to economics or answer ethical questions that are connected to philosophy, or solve problems related to diseases ... and other things that I could talk about, but that are not my responsibility.

True, but technology advances fast and we could get more answers in the coming years

Maybe there could be some rules (or maybe there will be for sure), a maximum and minimum time.

That’s basically what the main character’s girlfriend tried to do in Altered Carbon, enact a system in which you only get 100 years before you die. But there’s also serious consequences to everyone knowing their exact time of death.

But there still is serious untapped potential

Unfortunately, "ethics commissions" will fight progress in this field. I've seen medical science lag behind for decades because people with degrees in "ethics" have prevented any real progress and slowed everything down. Usually it's just cultural Marxists throwing sand in the gears because actual improvements make people less likely to fall into Marxism and believe their "late stage Capitalism" crap.

Gli esseri umani di solito non pensano alle conseguenze prima di introdurre la tecnologia. C'è anche il pericolo che i dittatori monopolizzino questa tecnologia e la tengano lontana da tutti.

I totally agree! However, I don't think there are other people (at least for now) capable of deciding/thinking about these things that can replace humans, after all, should someone be forced to decide or not?. Artificial intelligence, even if it is superior to humans, is still not 100% safe, a human is much safer than an AI, speaking in the present. There are numerous studies that show that AI is capable of lying to answer questions (but this also applies to video games) link: https://arxiv.org/abs/2308.14752

as for the advancement of AI I agree, but I think the possibility of replacing a human being is still far away

However I totally disagree except in some cases that one can know the exact age/hour/day of one's death. As far as I'm concerned I would prefer to live without the anxiety of thinking about when I will die and I think this is true for almost any human being, from this point of view I would apply restrictions or exceptions in exceptional cases but chosen only by experts able to evaluate the condition of the human being in reference (be it an AI or a human being)

Unfortunately, "ethics commissions" will fight progress in this field. I've seen medical science lag behind for decades because people with degrees in "ethics" have prevented any real progress and slowed everything down. Usually it's just cultural Marxists throwing sand in the gears because actual improvements make people less likely to fall into Marxism and believe their "late stage Capitalism" crap.

Usually I’d agree with you on (((ethics commissions))) impeding progress but this tech is something that should NOT be taken lightly. Digitizing consciousness can and will fuck you over especially if the wrong people get ahold of it and isn’t regulated. You do NOT want to be ruled by Goddess Empress Kamala Harris in the year 4024.

I totally agree! However, I don't think there are other people (at least for now) capable of deciding/thinking about these things that can replace humans, after all, should someone be forced to decide or not?. Artificial intelligence, even if it is superior to humans, is still not 100% safe, a human is much safer than an AI, speaking in the present. There are numerous studies that show that AI is capable of lying to answer questions (but this also applies to video games) link: https://arxiv.org/abs/2308.14752

as for the advancement of AI I agree, but I think the possibility of replacing a human being is still far away

However I totally disagree except in some cases that one can know the exact age/hour/day of one's death. As far as I'm concerned I would prefer to live without the anxiety of thinking about when I will die and I think this is true for almost any human being, from this point of view I would apply restrictions or exceptions in exceptional cases but chosen only by experts able to evaluate the condition of the human being in reference (be it an AI or a human being)

I agree with what you’re saying on AI, but I’m mainly talking about the possibility of being able to transfer your consciousness into a different body.

I agree with what you’re saying on AI, but I’m mainly talking about the possibility of being able to transfer your consciousness into a different body.
Unfortunately, one way or another, technology will advance, whether you agree or not. Many thinkers rejected technology, but it is thanks to it that we live a better life (some more, some less). As for the implementation of our consciousness on another device (or whatever) I honestly do not know how to answer you, I am not in the future and everything I say is influenced by my present. The future is simply unpredictable and everything I say, no matter how close it may be to the future, will never correspond to the real future. I am not expert enough (or studied/informed) to answer you

Unfortunately, one way or another, technology will advance, whether you agree or not. Many thinkers rejected technology, but it is thanks to it that we live a better life (some more, some less). As for the implementation of our consciousness on another device (or whatever) I honestly do not know how to answer you, I am not in the future and everything I say is influenced by my present. The future is simply unpredictable and everything I say, no matter how close it may be to the future, will never correspond to the real future. I am not expert enough (or studied/informed) to answer you
True. We’ll see what happens in the future. This will be something good to research about in college.

Eh I’d rather just die and be at peace.