Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Digital Art is overrated NotGonnaLie TobeHonest

NirvanaFan1988

NirvanaFan1988

Brown is the color of defeat
-
Plain old pencil+paper

Expensive digital tablet with screen
4w8xdxel9to31

Cheap digital tablet without screen
Ouj

Hate when people say: Only practice, it's about drawing a lot, a fucking lot.
What's wrong with them?
Can't they understand if someone sucks so much, it doesn't how long he draw or how much he spends. Everything comes naturally if your genes let you do so.

Drawing is an acquired skill, most people "symbol" draw, that's why people usually draw shitty deviant art 12 yr old art.

View: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwaXKU7ev6Tw_or__o8ARpUb6r2rCZYJGqwSFV9AD98/edit#heading=h.c3k1rypr552n

this is from /ic/ the art board on 4chan, it pretty goes through everything important for drawing art

Fuck it too iliterate.
Also not everyone's brain abstracts objects the same way.
It comes with how people visualize stuff and interpret it.
But here comes the trick, how do I make a drawing as visually attractive for everyone else?
It's not only how you symbol draw, but you should always point at some canons to make it "correct".

Last edited:
These canons aren't learnt, but mostly people have the "eye" and "right hand movements" to produce elegant lines and the overall gestalt(shadowing,lightning,hue values) correctly.
So no, if you sucked at it, don't try, it's all in your genes.
click this, it isnt really that hard, obv if you want to draw good art you gotta practice daily the fun is "improving"
Do you even draw?
I don't, I gave several,several years ago in my angsty teen years, won't do it ever again.

Last edited:
These canons aren't learnt, but mostly people have the "eye" and "right hand movements" to produce elegant lines and the overall gestalt(shadowing,lightning,hue values) correctly.
So no, if you sucked at it, don't try, it's all in your genes.
Very true. If you have a shaky hand you can't draw proper outlines and you'll struggle a lot in art.
Over for shakyhandcels.

Do you even draw?
I don't, I gave several,several years ago in my angsty teen years, won't do it ever again.
Drawing is a good cope if the internet is down tbh

its called talent and a lot of people cant accept that it exists and most just wont make the cut to the top 1%. "muh irrelevant"

practice is fucking fake you can only "train" yourself to your genetic limit which is generally negligible.

its called talent and a lot of people cant accept that it exists and most just wont make the cut to the top 1%. "muh irrelevant"
tbh
But they'll mock whoever tries unless they show signs of a status boost.
Try telling normies you put in serious work practicing a sport and they'll laugh at you because you have no status to show for it like being a professional athlete.

practice is fucking fake you can only "train" yourself to your genetic limit which is generally negligible.
The effortvsgeneticspill destroyed me.

tbh
But they'll mock whoever tries unless they show signs of a status boost.
Try telling normies you put in serious work practicing a sport and they'll laugh at you because you have no status to show for it like being a professional athlete.

The effortvsgeneticspill destroyed me.

i have like 2000 hours in pubg from a few years ago and i was always completely shit and got brutally outplayed by kids with less than 100 hours. its fucking infuriating when u dedicate so much time and effort into something only to realize you havent gotten any better.

Certain things are more dependent on brain chemistry than how much you try drawing/programming/gaming fall into this category because you need natural intuition/instinct/response times and problem solving skills which are things that usually cant be improved to a noticeable degree.

i have like 2000 hours in pubg from a few years ago and i was always completely shit and got brutally outplayed by kids with less than 100 hours. its fucking infuriating when u dedicate so much time and effort into something only to realize you havent gotten any better.
tbh
practicing a skill is useless if you don't have much real results to show for it. It's just repetitive and tedious after a certain point and the definition of a cope ngl

Certain things are more dependent on brain chemistry than how much you try drawing/programming/gaming fall into this category because you need natural intuition/instinct/response times and problem solving skills which are things that usually cant be improved to a noticeable degree.
Hand eye coordination is very important for drawing and gaming.
Being able to visualize logical progressions is important for computer programming.

Both are probably heavily influenced by genetics and not everyone has that skill.

tbh I don't know why people say autistic guys usually have an easier time programming. From what I see it requires a lot of perseverance, versatility and predictive capability and ability to construct detailed yet simple logical flowcharts as a template for the code you are going to write.
Those things don't always come easy to all autistic guys tbh

The second drawing doesn't look that horrible, considering it was made by a 16yo.

tbh
practicing a skill is useless if you don't have much real results to show for it. It's just repetitive and tedious after a certain point and the definition of a cope ngl

Hand eye coordination is very important for drawing and gaming.
Being able to visualize logical progressions is important for computer programming.

Both are probably heavily influenced by genetics and not everyone has that skill.

tbh I don't know why people say autistic guys usually have an easier time programming. From what I see it requires a lot of perseverance, versatility and predictive capability and ability to construct detailed yet simple logical flowcharts as a template for the code you are going to write.
Those things don't always come easy to all autistic guys tbh

EVERYTHING YOU STATED WAS A BROOTALPILL, Truer words couldn't be spoken!
It feels like society expects autistic/aspergers people to be naturally talented, and retribute society with scientific discoveries, art works and the like.
Honestly some of those people have that, others don't. The people who can't keep with society's demands are mostly cast into oblivion.
The second drawing doesn't look that horrible, considering it was made by a 16yo.
It's not about how good or bad it is.
Thing is I utterly despise people who think they can improve their drawing skills by buying some expensive piece of plastic.
And even if you had the skills forehand, you will have a rough time getting the gist of using these graphic tablets since even the minimal slant you make it will be visible and horribly visible (Remember you are not really drawing, but making some pixels "visible", hence digital art).
Hate how huion and wacom sell their pieces of shit as the ultimate gadget.
Honestly, you can feel jealous of other people flauting their tablets, and it's mostly it sees good as a decoration, an adorn. But nothing more than that!

Last edited: