Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Did you ever refuse to shake hands with someone when walking down the street?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
This is one of my cringiest memories of the past few years.

So, there was this guy I knew from school. We weren't friends during school, actually I distinctly remember him making me so angry one time that when at home I googled "how to fight" just so I could kick his ass if he pulled some of the shit he pulled again. Didn't fight him or anything, he wasn't a bully or anything, he was kind of a nerd too, just one of those sarcastic normie kind that laughs at everything.

Anyway, so he contacted me on facebook a few times when I was in uni. I don't remember what exactly I said, but it was some cringy stuff cause I was in the middle of my alcoholic years, black out drunk for months.

Fast forward a few years, I'm back in my home country. I see this guy walking down the street. I'm fucking mortified, my brain froze. He wants to shake my hand, I just walk past him not even looking at him.

I still cringe about it daily, literal physical cringing. Jesus Christ I could have fucking shaken his hand, pretended I'm busy and that I have to go and moved on with my life. But no, my brain was so fucking panicked and I froze, because I met someone from school, and by now probably everybody knows what a fucking humiliating alcoholic I was (cause for some reason I contacted another dude on facebook that wasn't my friend but was the closest thing to that, but I was autistic and I kinda fucked things up. And I told that guy about being drunk alone and shit like that).

Now every time I leave the house I'm even more anxious of seeing someone from school. So much humiliating shit, I can't get over it.

Last edited:
No, but i hate to do it.

I think the last time i touched a non family member was around 2013 roughly.
This girl from my church (back when i used to be a jewhovah's witness) and her parents shook my hand and i still very visibly remember how the daughter's hand was covered in something wet or sticky.
Even in that moment,i thought to myself "this girl was just fingering" lol
more like that's what i WANTED to be on her hand.
But i'm not lucky enough to touch pussy juice. Not even accidentally

Actually it's the other way around, people refuse to shake hands with me. I don't care though.

Should've told him he was an annoying prick or something
Actually it's the other way around, people refuse to shake hands with me. I don't care though.

Don't understand why you think it's cringe, why would you want to say hello to someone who treated you like shit + it doesnt sound like you were friends either? When I see someone from grade school/HS I just dont acknowledge them.

Last edited:
Its likely more cringe for them. Imagine wanting to acknowledge someone and they completely ignore you, guy mustve felt like shit

Don't understand why you think it's cringe, why would you want to say hello to someone who treated you like shit + it doesnt sound like you were friends either? When I see someone from grade school/HS I just dont acknowledge them.
Idk, we weren't friends, definitely. But out of all the people in school, only he contacted me after school was over, like 2 or 3 times on facebook. Tbh I wasn't very happy about it, eventually ghosted him on facebook (before the incident). I think he messaged me once after I decided to ghost him and I didn't even check the message.
Its likely more cringe for them. Imagine wanting to acknowledge someone and they completely ignore you, guy mustve felt like shit
That's even worse. Now I can imagine all the kinds of shit he might say about me whenever he talks to someone from school.

I don’t have any opinions on shaking hands, but every time I shake hands with someone new they try to crush your hand, trying very hard to seem strong. I could never understand this, and usually it makes me hostile.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back