Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Did anyone here like the Rayman games?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
rayman_3.png

When I was a kid Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc was one of my favorite videogames, I played so many hours but unironically never completed it because there was a level that scared me so I never passed that stage kek. It was a really good platform/action game with amazing graphics for 2003, also lots of edgy humor which I didn't understand because I was a kid. I was too young to play the original Rayman 2 on Ps1 or N64 (or PC) but I had the Nintendo DS port and I liked it too, but less than Rayman 3. The second game had a really dark, gloomy and depressing vibe with the whole theme of the pirates enslaving your friends, having to explore creepy swamps and in general a feeling of "no hope" that few games for kids have.

Never played the first Rayman game, I heard it's good but also very hard and frustrating because they didn't have time to test it properly so they released just like that. Also I haven't played Rayman Origins or Legends which are also 2D platformers and have very good reviews with some people considering them the best of the franchise, even better than the 3D titles. Even if Rayman was never as popular as Mario, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot or Spyro I still think it's a good franchise of games.

I remember I also had the Rayman 2 port on DS, but I never finished it, I couldn't get over the touch controls, which I'm even less a fan of than motion controls.

But I do currently own it on PC. I bought Rayman 2 a few years back off of GoG. I like it well enough, but just as with all my other games that aren't Morrowind or gen 2 Pokemon on my phone, I just can't be arsed to get into it. I wanted to see the full game, but haven't looked up a longplay of it, yet. I would like to get back into playing it; I have an Xbox controller to go along with it, but I'll need to work up the motivation.

I have not played, seen, or really heard of any other Rayman games, though.

Also used to play rayman 3 as a kid, the summit beyond clouds and the desert of knaaren used to be my favourite levels. And yeah, I also never finished game as a kid, because that final boss with Reflux was really scary. Few years ago, I went back and replayed it. Ending was pretty disappointing, idk what I expected.

I also used to play rayman 2, but that game is hard as balls. I remember liking cave of bad dreams level tho.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8XQn3zdRA

Used to play Rayman on the PC at school in elementary school. Fun game as a kid.

Tried it once as a kid and felt extremely non nt, never played it again

It was a great game series. I played it as a child:feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD: