Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Dating in the 50s

Junger1864

Junger1864

History Freak
-

PSA about how to ask a girl on a date, aimed at highschool aged boys.
I think things have changed since then, they make it took way too easy

The 50s were a time where men were respected, and the average man could conceivably attract his looks match, an age when people actually felt shame for their indecent actions.

Everything was easier in the 50's

Couldn't agree more. From the music, life, and girls who only cared if the guy was protective, not the standards they hold today. I was born in the wrong generation.

The sad thing is, is that even though we look back at this as being better, it was already seen by conservatives of the time as being far too gone. H.P. Lovecraft thought that America needed to go back to the pre-Revolution conservatism by the Puritans, and Julius Evola believed the decline was exponential after the French Revolution. Oswald Spengler wrote "the decline of the west" in 1918.

That shows how far we've fallen.

My mother was born in the 1920's, my sister was born in the 1940's. I was born in 1962.
All my cousins were born in the 1940's and 1950's. It was great back then.

1960s was when it all went to shit. Hippies, women’s liberation movement, civil rights movement, etc..

The world was smaller back then, women couldn't pick out chad on a mobile app.

much simpler time back then. before the sexual revolution fucked everything up. brutal erapill tbh ngl tbh ngl srs srs

Dating back then was so simple.. now it's all about who can compete with Chads on kissing a girl's ass.

how was that bad?
It ended segregation. I’m fine with people of all races getting equal rights but having them mix together was always going to end badly.

Look at cities like Detroit and Baltimore now. It’s unbelieveable how much they have changed.

god how much i'd kill to grow up during those times. No social media, no stupid smartphones, no dating apps, and best of all girls are actually normal weight...

Guy: calls and on the first attempt secures the "date."

Me: Tries for 9 years to ask someone out and still didn't secure a single date in his life. Fuck! I wish I was born in the 50s.

“Woody” :feelskek: In the modern era, he’d either be on here or :soy: to get a landwhale. Mary was “easy” I guess or at least for the era. If only it was so easy, just ring the girl up and ask her out. “Oh, he’s a “nice” guy, ok, I’ll go with him.” Now you have to be 6’3+, ripped, and more angular than Superman to get a girl like Mary in HS.