Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Daniel Perry given April 2023 murder conviction for July 2020 shooting of Garrett Foster

Sheogorath

Sheogorath

Visionary
★★★★★
Perry says he shot Foster (using his pistol) in self defense because Foster aimed the barrell of his rifle at him. The BLM allies of Foster are saying that Foster kept his AR-15 aimed at the ground in a low-ready position.

I expect BLM guys would lie to protect their ally and condemn their enemy who was trying to get through the road they were illegally blocking, so I don't trust witness testimony.

I've tried to find video evidence of this but so far all I've come across is this fuzzy still:

Still

In that exact moment yeah it seems like he's aiming the barrel at the hood of the car, but that's clearly as he is approaching it from the rear and NOT when he was beside the driver-side door. So it's entirely possible that a second later as he approached the vehicle that he raised the barrel.

That shit looks like a painting. :lul:

This is apparently 2 synced videos of the scene for further context, though I'm having trouble interpreting it. I think I need slow-motion or red outlining to focus on Foster if he's visible in them. Based on the movements of the crowd I can make out which car is Perry's in both vids but that's the extent of it.

Someone did a red outline in the twitter thread I got the initial still from at twitter.com/NotQuietBryan/status/1644888949373157376

Outline

I think they wanted to emphasize the downward angle of the barrel but unintentionally highlighted here how Foster's elbow and shoulder are being raised. Compare to the pics below where you can see the shoulder and elbow are lowered:

KyleErickJordan

In both cases you can see these guy's right trapezius muscles are lax, and the elbow is below the nipple. Foster by contrast has his right trapezius muscle tensed and has snatched his elbow to a higher-than-nipple position.

ElbowHeights

further analysis

elbow aside you can also look at the positioning of the stock: Rittenhouse and Perry have the stock under their armpit, Foster has his stock above his shoulder.

Foster could easily transition to look forward through the scope of his rifle - all he had to do was lift his left hand to rotate the center of mass.

Rittenhouse and Jordan conversely would need to elevate the center of mass of their rifle to forward through their scopes at a firing angle.

Further analysis of the positioning of his hand on the barrel. Earlier in the day he has it overtop which prevents easily raising the weapon. He transitioned to holding his left palm below the barrell to be able to easily raise it.

DayNight

His safer left position is almost a "safe hang" except for the content of his left hand, and almost a "collapsed low ready" except for his hang being atop the barrel instead of below it.
I'd say it's less aggressive than either of them.

Also I need to amend the earlier meme:

CollapsedLowReady

The Rittenhouse/Jordan position was a "collapsed low ready" not a "low ready".
CollapsedLowReady
Foster conversely was transitioning between "collapsed low" towards "low" using his shrugging motion.

Found 3d renders from defense
3dTop3d

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUElqL1EzSc

It shows well how a gun can be "pointed" at someone without "aiming it" at them, since aiming means looking down the sights.

To aim the weapon you'd actually need to step more than 18 inches away to line up the shot.

Though aiming is largely pointless here since you don't need that level of accuracy. Hell you could just shoot through the door and hit the pelvis if you didn't shoot through the window to hit the chest.