Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

CuckTears misunderstand the story of the fox and the sour grapes

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
https://i.redd.it/0imcmbq21azz.png

They are getting off this ridiculous comic right now. 

The actual story of the fox and the sour grapes is very different. At no point does the fox become violent or angry or "blames the grapes". He just deludes himself into thinking that the grapes probably weren't that tasty (hence "sour grapes") which is an extremely common coping mechanism. ("It's no big deal that I didn't get into the Ivy League, it is overrated anyway " - - 95% of failed American redditors). Sour grapes doesn't mean the fox himself becomes bitter. 

Before drawing a fucking comic on sour grapes, you should start by reading the actual, original tale. 

Also this comic plays the same tired chord of how we can't get women simply because we aren't nice and happy enough. The problem is that most of us used to be nice and happy at some point in our lives ; I personally was a delusional happy-go-lucky bluepilled niceboi for the better part of my adolescence. Where was my girlfriend? 

I admit that I am growing an unhealthy addiction to reading CuckTears, I should probably go off the internet for a while.

CuckTears think Quasimod got Esmeralda

They misunderstand most of our posts, and can only respond telling us to ambiguously improve ourselves.

So now we need to ask a girl out "nicely"? So that we get treated like a pathetic joke for another time? What made them think that we never did that? These incelqueers are mentally handicapped.

chudur-budur said:
So now we need to ask a girl out "nicely"? So that we get treated like a pathetic joke for another time? What made them think that we never did that? These incelqueers are mentally handicapped.

I am normally not a hateful person but I truly hate them. They make a mockery of our entire life experience and live in a castle of delusion, if not hypocrisy and lies.

The missing frames

Hello mrs farmer, can I have some grapes? ^_^
>Farmer pretends they didn't hear it
Hello mrs farmer, I would really appreciate if we could share some grapes together and talk about stuff ^_^
>Farmer closes the window
*Fox knocks on the door*
>Farmer sighs heavily, opens the door, "What do you want?"
Oh hey, heh, you finally replied ^_^ I saw you had some grapes, I'd really like to share them with you
> Farmer closes the door again
Fox has to brush off rejection, knocks on door again
Hey, heh, I don't have any grapes... I would really appreciate just a little. What are you interested in? Super metroid speed runs?
>Farmer closes the door again
Fox overhears the farmer talking to her friend on the phone
>"Ugh, this creepy fox! Self pity is so unattractive. I really miss Chad, but he was soooo toxic and abusive! Just like Jake and Todd, and my boss."
The fox knocks on the door again, one last time
>The farmer opens the door, "Oh it's you again!"
"I overheard you've had a lot of problem with abusive, toxic, foxes! I'm a nice fox, I would just like to share some grapes, talk, and support you ^_^
>Look, that is the bare minimum everyone can offer. This is not something special, anyway, Chad is coming over soon. You better scram
"Man... life without grapes is kind of depressing"
>I'm sure another farmer will give you some grapes
"I've asked a lot of farmers... but none of them want to share grapes with me. They close their windows too when I talk to them"
>Well maybe you just need to have some more showers and stop being so self-pitying?
"I'm not a smelly fox... I jump over a lot of fences... I think it's just because farmers only share their grapes with attractive foxes"
>Look, this is the attitude that makes me not want to share grapes with you! This is it! This is why you're a grapecel!
"But, I didn't, I didn't. I tried to be nice, I tried to talk to you."
>I could sense it. I could sense this "bad vibe" from you.
"I didn't always think this and other farmers wouldn't share their grapes then either"
>Look, it's your fault.
Chad Fox strolls up to the front door,
>Hey farmer babe, I just beat my personal record on a super metroid speed run
>Oh great Chad, that's so interesting! Sorry IncelFox, please don't try to talk to me again thanks

Incelfox slowly walks down the farmers path with no grapes and a rumbly tummy
"I don't need those grapes, but life is really unpleasant without grapes from time to time. This is shit."
And from the other side of the farm on a megaphone ChadFox and MrsFarmer shout "SEE! THIS IS WHY YOU'RE A GRAPECEL!"

Incelfox meets up with some other foxes who can't get grapes and starts to complain.
Incelfox talks about how it feels really bad to have no grapes, how these experiences of being rejected when asking for grapes are painful every time.
Incelfox starts to believe all you can do is try to be a more attractive fox, that's all that really matters.
Mrs Farmer walks by later that night and overhears them complaining about farmers.
Mrs Farmer stands on a log, she readies herself, and she screams "You god damn IncelFoxes, if you'd just asked nicely someone would have given you grapes!"

Incelfox stands up and shouts "You fucking bitch! That's bullshit and you know it!"
Mrs Farmer looks him in the eye angrily, and she shouts one last time, "THIS IS WHY YOU'RE A GRAPECEL!"

Wow, Wizard, this is actually brilliant. Thank you.

It reminds me of a short story by renowned French novelist Maupassant (XIXth century). It is about an ugly disabled beggar in the French countryside. Everybody refuses him food and mistreats him for being lazy. One day he dies of starvation. Upon hearing of his death, everyone says: "why didn't he ask for food?"

Wow what a suprise. They seem to have pretty low iqs.

I didn't know that this saying with the sour grapes comes from such a story. But this is pretty much what psychologist Leon Festinger described as cognitive dissonance reduction. When two beliefs/opinions/observations (cognitions) contradict each other (are dissonant), people seek to reduce this dissonance. 

There were experiments with two groups of men, both having to do dull, hard and repetitive activities. One group got paid very little for their work, the other group got paid more. And the group that got paid more was less satisfied, while the group that got paid less was more satisfied. 

There was no contradiction between hard work and good pay, good pay seemed like the logical compensation for dull, hard and repetitive activities. But people who had to work hard and got paid like shit began to reduce that "dissonance" and told themselves that it's actually good work, that it's alright, that they should be happy about it and then later claimed to be more satisfied than the group who got paid more.

This explains both the "poor but happy" phenomenon as well as why the ruling class was so eager to destroy the field of psychology and turn it into a branch of big pharma. These days, psychology is only about prescriptions, about selling big pharma's drugs and drugging the symptoms away, rather than tackling the actual disease. Being aware of what social circumstances make you depressed would be dangerous for the ruling class - much better to be a sheep on drugs who believes that there are individual solutions to systemic problems.

the more I go on their sub the more I honestly believe they are retarded. They totally misunderstand the point that anyone is trying to make because they are so busy trying to twist every point to make it agree with whatever they think. they refuse to see the other side of any argument.

the sour grapes story is more applicable to MGTOW.

fukmylyf said:
the sour grapes story is more applicable to MGTOW.

This ^

Those idiots don't see the difference between incels and mgtow

cavsinone_lbjdagoat said:
the more I go on their sub the more I honestly believe they are retarded. They totally misunderstand the point that anyone is trying to make because they are so busy trying to twist every point to make it agree with whatever they think. they refuse to see the other side of any argument.

The men on there are mentally ill. The females are either sadistic or drowning in cognitive dissonance

Fontaine said:
https://i.redd.it/0imcmbq21azz.png

They are getting off this ridiculous comic right now. 

The actual story of the fox and the sour grapes is very different. At no point does the fox become violent or angry or "blames the grapes". He just deludes himself into thinking that the grapes probably weren't that tasty (hence "sour grapes") which is an extremely common coping mechanism. ("It's no big deal that I didn't get into the Ivy League, it is overrated anyway " - - 95% of failed American redditors). Sour grapes doesn't mean the fox himself becomes bitter. 

Before drawing a fucking comic on sour grapes, you should start by reading the actual, original tale. 

Also this comic plays the same tired chord of how we can't get women simply because we aren't nice and happy enough. The problem is that most of us used to be nice and happy at some point in our lives ; I personally was a delusional happy-go-lucky bluepilled niceboi for the better part of my adolescence. Where was my girlfriend? 

I admit that I am growing an unhealthy addiction to reading CuckTears, I should probably go off the internet for a while.
Well yet again, most of the points they've tried to make about inceldom haven't necessarily hit the target.

In fact, they always seem to hit a LONG way off.

slackbum said:
cavsinone_lbjdagoat said:
The men on there are mentally ill. The females are either sadistic or drowning in cognitive dissonance

exactly. honestly i think the men on there are incels in denial, thinking that if they defend women maybe it will get them noticed. or maybe deep down they know we are right and they don't want to swallow the black pill.

Red Shambhala said:
I didn't know that this saying with the sour grapes comes from such a story. But this is pretty much what psychologist Leon Festinger described as cognitive dissonance reduction. When two beliefs/opinions/observations (cognitions) contradict each other (are dissonant), people seek to reduce this dissonance.
There were experiments with two groups of men, both having to do dull, hard and repetitive activities. One group got paid very little for their work, the other group got paid more. And the group that got paid more was less satisfied, while the group that got paid less was more satisfied.
There was no contradiction between hard work and good pay, good pay seemed like the logical compensation for dull, hard and repetitive activities. But people who had to work hard and got paid like shit began to reduce that "dissonance" and told themselves that it's actually good work, that it's alright, that they should be happy about it and then later claimed to be more satisfied than the group who got paid more.
This explains both the "poor but happy" phenomenon as well as why the ruling class was so eager to destroy the field of psychology and turn it into a branch of big pharma. These days, psychology is only about prescriptions, about selling big pharma's drugs and drugging the symptoms away, rather than tackling the actual disease. Being aware of what social circumstances make you depressed would be dangerous for the ruling class - much better to be a sheep on drugs who believes that there are individual solutions to systemic problems.

Very interesting. This is not a surprise to me. "Sour grapes" are probably the oldest and most effective coping mechanism of humans dealing with a harsh reality.

Nietzsche would refer to them as the herd or slaves

Well it has been a proven fact from time to time that cucktears aren't the brightest bunch. You kinda need to educate them but they have a hard time grasping the basic concepts so it's quite impossible to "teach" them.

LynchingTriHards said:
Well it has been a proven fact from time to time that cucktears aren't the brightest bunch. You kinda need to educate them but they have a hard time grasping the basic concepts so it's quite impossible to "teach" them.

When you have a group of people that largely refuse to acknowledge that ugly people actually exist, you know you're dealing with a thick-headed group.

This is a brilliant thread displaying the difference between between incels and cucktears. Look at the logic and knowledge from some of you guys. Cucktears fears this thread.

As for an actual example of the sour grapes coping, that would be something like people in /r/short always saying: "Well, you wouldn't want to be with the kind of women who reject you over height anyway. You dodged a bullet."

Wizard said:
The missing frames

Hello mrs farmer, I would really appreciate if we could share some grapes together and talk about stuff ^_^
*Fox knocks on the door*
Oh hey, heh, you finally replied ^_^ I saw you had some grapes, I'd really like to share them with you
Hey, heh, I don't have any grapes... I would really appreciate just a little. What are you interested in? Super metroid speed runs?
>"Ugh, this creepy fox! Self pity is so unattractive. I really miss Chad, but he was soooo toxic and abusive! Just like Jake and Todd, and my boss."
"I overheard you've had a lot of problem with abusive, toxic, foxes! I'm a nice fox, I would just like to share some grapes, talk, and support you ^_^
>Look, that is the bare minimum everyone can offer. This is not something special, anyway, Chad is coming over soon. You better scram
"I've asked a lot of farmers... but none of them want to share grapes with me. They close their windows too when I talk to them"
>Well maybe you just need to have some more showers and stop being so self-pitying?
"I'm not a smelly fox... I jump over a lot of fences... I think it's just because farmers only share their grapes with attractive foxes"
>Look, this is the attitude that makes me not want to share grapes with you! This is it! This is why you're a grapecel!
"I didn't always think this and other farmers wouldn't share their grapes then either"
>Look, it's your fault.
>Oh great Chad, that's so interesting! Sorry IncelFox, please don't try to talk to me again thanks

"I don't need those grapes, but life is really unpleasant without grapes from time to time. This is shit."
And from the other side of the farm on a megaphone ChadFox and MrsFarmer shout "SEE! THIS IS WHY YOU'RE A GRAPECEL!"

Incelfox meets up with some other foxes who can't get grapes and starts to complain.
Incelfox talks about how it feels really bad to have no grapes, how these experiences of being rejected when asking for grapes are painful every time.
Incelfox starts to believe all you can do is try to be a more attractive fox, that's all that really matters.
Mrs Farmer walks by later that night and overhears them complaining about farmers.
Mrs Farmer stands on a log, she readies herself, and she screams "You god damn IncelFoxes, if you'd just asked nicely someone would have given you grapes!"

Incelfox stands up and shouts "You fucking bitch! That's bullshit and you know it!"
Mrs Farmer looks him in the eye angrily, and she shouts one last time, "THIS IS WHY YOU'RE A GRAPECEL!"
10/10. Thanks for this.

"If that fox had just asked nicely, I would have given him a couple of my grapes"

Are they actually implying that women would date us if we just asked them nicely? Lmao.
In our case, the farmer chased the fox out with a shotgun while screaming "YOURE NOT ENTITLEX TO MY FOOD YOU VILE CREATURE!!" The fox then went to one farm after another, the result always being the same. Eventually, the fox grew collapsed due to hunger, it's mind filled with bitter thoughts as it eventually starved to death.

Minjaze Wizard said:
The missing frames

*Fox knocks on the door*
>Look, it's your fault.

This is the most accurate thing I've ever read.

Is that made by the maxcell person? That woman is pants-on-head retarded.

That being said, there are a lot of sour grapes cope threads on here. Shit like "I wouldn't want a GF because women are whores anyway" and "vaginas are gross, I wouldn't even wanna fuck one." Let's all admit that we want to have sex with and date women, that's why we're on here lol.