Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Crytek cucks Nvidia

GameDevCel

GameDevCel

S.T.A.L.K.E.R discord: gdc47
★★★★★

just look at this shit, nvdia CEO is to have a heartatack if crytek release this tech as open source or something.

crytek is really inovating now, as they don't need to worry about making money because of Jeff Bentos sugar daddying them

That's great.I was worried that their company was dying when they started shutting down offices.

That's great.I was worried that their company was dying when they started shutting down offices.
there where diying, but happened that jeff bentos liked crazy or some shit, and decided to be their new suggar dadie

there where diying, but happened that jeff bentos liked crazy or some shit, and decided to be their new suggar dadie
That's good,they innovated gaming a lot with their cryengine.

That's good,they innovated gaming a lot with their cryengine.
yeah, in crysis one they came with parralax mapping and crysis 2 with real time global ilumination, shame EA fucked them with crysis 3

I don’t really think this will affect Nvdia in the long term

I don’t really think this will affect Nvdia in the long term
probaly not, the RT cores are mostly to denoise stuff, but if crytek manage to make good looking ray tracing without RT cores will make the entire RTX line useless, but NVDIA is smart and release the GTX 1660 Ti so they will probaly be safe for now.

amd is focusing on cucking intel anyway, the ryzen series is destroying the crap of intel chips

amd is focusing on cucking intel anyway, the ryzen series is destroying the crap of intel chips
That is debatable. From a price perspective yes, but in raw performance Intel is better. Ring bus, higher IPC, higher clocks, better AVX, and almost all cpu´s have on-die gpu.

As for NVIDIA, they are valued at over 100 billion USD. They are not going anywhere. Intel sits comfortably at 260 billion USD. AMD market cap is only 23 billion USD.

Sunny Cove will be a major blow to both AMD and ARM when it launches. Just like when Core 2 spanked Athlon 64, and the Core series demolished Phenom, Bulldozer and Piledriver. AMD will be forced back to the console market with their Ryzen, like they did with Jaguar.

That is debatable. From a price perspective yes, but in raw performance Intel is better. Ring bus, higher IPC, higher clocks, better AVX, and almost all cpu´s have on-die gpu.

As for NVIDIA, they are valued at over 100 billion USD. They are not going anywhere. Intel sits comfortably at 260 billion USD. AMD market cap is only 23 billion USD.

Sunny Cove will be a major blow to both AMD and ARM when it launches. Just like when Core 2 spanked Athlon 64, and the Core series demolished Phenom, Bulldozer and Piledriver. AMD will be forced back to the console market with their Ryzen, like they did with Jaguar.
mostly true, but amd is selling hexacore processors with hypertreating and 3+ GHZ for 250 au dollars, that's impressive for it's price range and you can see a lot of guys are opting for Ryzens and ThreadRippers instead of i7s and i9s.
Nvidia and intel make most of their profit from the data center market, for them seilling PC parts to gamers is just a extra, and also think ARM is overrated it might consume less energy and make less heat, but they are too weak to do the heavy work.

Yes, it looks like the AMD engineers made Ryzen for data centers. The drawbacks of lower clocks and higher inter-core latency are not as important in this market.

But Spectre, Meltdown, Foreshadow and more to come is a problem for AMD even though they don´t admit to it. What good will all those cores do if they are exploitable? Intel, AMD and ARM are all using speculative execution on many parts of the microprocessors to push for higher IPC.

In Q4 2018 AMD only had 3.2% of the server market. When researchers uncover flaws in CPU´s, do they care equally much about a 3.2% market share company? Intel has far more resources and incentives to rapidly push microcode updates to mitigate design errors than both AMD and ARM.

Powerwise not really but budget wise sure.

And elab on this thread a bit. What does GPU company has to do with game engine company? Do game enigneers borrow shit from Nvidia like some sort of tracking that was mentioned in this thread? Tbhngl

Yes, it looks like the AMD engineers made Ryzen for data centers. The drawbacks of lower clocks and higher inter-core latency are not as important in this market.

But Spectre, Meltdown, Foreshadow and more to come is a problem for AMD even though they don´t admit to it. What good will all those cores do if they are exploitable? Intel, AMD and ARM are all using speculative execution on many parts of the microprocessors to push for higher IPC.

In Q4 2018 AMD only had 3.2% of the server market. When researchers uncover flaws in CPU´s, do they care equally much about a 3.2% market share company? Intel has far more resources and incentives to rapidly push microcode updates to mitigate design errors than both AMD and ARM.
most people don't care about security on their pcs, otherwise they woun't use windows
Powerwise not really but budget wise sure.

And elab on this thread a bit. What does GPU company has to do with game engine company? Do game enigneers borrow shit from Nvidia like some sort of tracking that was mentioned in this thread? Tbhngl
let me explain, nvdia released RT cores to process ray tracing, which make their cards very expensive, and everyone trought it was impossible to do raytracgin without them, till crytek managed to make ray tracing without RT cores, making the newer and expensive nvdia card obsolete

But data centers do. They can run many VM´s on a Threadripper/Epyc chip. Speculative execution errors makes the CPU cache readable, and all cores share the same cache. This means that all VM´s share cache. And the point of VM isolation in the business environment is nullified.

For normal consumers, CPU and OS means very little. But gamers will have an advantage with Intel. Single threaded performance is still very important.

It's over for nvidia

Single threaded performance is still very important.
with Vulkan multhi treading is pretty much rule now, there i as limit of how fast a single core can go since 2005 cores are'nt getting much faster we gone from 3.2 ghz to 5 ghz, multi cores is the future right now

with Vulkan multhi treading is pretty much rule now, there i as limit of how fast a single core can go since 2005 cores are'nt getting much faster we gone from 3.2 ghz to 5 ghz, multi cores is the future right now
AMD thought so in 2011 with Bulldozer. Yes, more cores are utilized now, but it´s moving slowly. Fact is that very popular and free to play mobas and battle royale type of games runs better on Intel. There is a large difference in my favorite game, Dota 2.

AMD thought so in 2011 with Bulldozer. Yes, more cores are utilized now, but it´s moving slowly. Fact is that very popular and free to play mobas and battle royale type of games runs better on Intel. There is a large difference in my favorite game, Dota 2.
dota 2 just moved to vulkan, it should run better withmore cores, while i agree intel cpus are a bit better they are also many times the price, while amd give 90% of the resul for half the price>

they also have ryzen master, i consider a good driver very usefull as it can prevent damage to the computer for overheating.

Intel is better for games but price makes AMD competitive, and as long as your CPU can meet the demands of the games you are playing, it doesn't really matter what is better unless money is of no concern to you.

It's different when it comes to video cards since AMD isn't really as competitive as they are on the CPU front, but Nvidia is doing anything they can to give AMD the advantage with their ludicrous price gouging and fake proprietary technologies like this ray tracing crap, the scam that is DLSS and formerly their g-sync lock which as we have seen wasn't necessary at all.

Intel is better for games but price makes AMD competitive, and as long as your CPU can meet the demands of the games you are playing, it doesn't really matter what is better unless money is of no concern to you.

It's different when it comes to video cards since AMD isn't really as competitive as they are on the CPU front, but Nvidia is doing anything they can to give AMD the advantage with their ludicrous price gouging and fake proprietary technologies like this ray tracing crap, the scam that is DLSS and formerly their g-sync lock which as we have seen wasn't necessary at all.
no RT cores

vs RT cores

pretty much everything RT cores do is to denoise raytracing graphics and help processing them faster, i think they are very good but the price is too high, they should made this tecnology cheaper before puting on the market, right now they can't justify the price of a RTX card.