Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Creative Arts

A Good Friend

A Good Friend

True Force Loneliness
Do any incels dabble in them?

I know a lot of us are wannabe drawfags. I've never been shy about my musical aspirations.

What are you up to now?

Do you have any training?

Are you willing to share some drawings, poems, songs, etc.?

Indari said:

no you don't create, or no you don't want to share?

I can understand the latter, but don't you ever doodle or write how you feel in like a couplet sometimes?

I spend most of my time on Incels.me, not sure if I can't be bothered with drawing anymore.

Ever thought of going back to playing some music? I remember you told us, that you used to be a part of a band, and you reeled in a bit of cash from it.

idkwattodowithlife said:
Ever thought of going back to play some music? I remember you told us, that you used to be a part of a band, and you reeled in a bit of cash from it.

Well, my health is the main reason I had to get out. I was in bands from 13 to 30, and the past three years has been my longest dry spell. Being in a real band is like sports, and if you might possibly have some troubles, people can't depend on you, so I'm trying to become a recording artist without lots of money. Right now I'm starting demos, and I might use some old contacts to get into a real(ish) studio if I feel up to it

Drummer to songwriter is a hard leap to make, and my voice is very untrained and weak because of reflux.

phil-collins-wallpaper_154283-1600x1200.jpg

Phil made the transition, but he's also a touring artist which makes his chops more solid. I'm rusty. I really need to practice again.

(thanks for letting me talk about myself)

A Good Friend said:
idkwattodowithlife said:
Ever thought of going back to play some music? I remember you told us, that you used to be a part of a band, and you reeled in a bit of cash from it.
Well, my health is the main reason I had to get out. I was in bands from 13 to 30, and the past three years has been my longest dry spell. Being in a real band is like sports, and if you might possibly have some troubles, people can't depend on you, so I'm trying to become a recording artist without lots of money. Right now I'm starting demos, and I might use some old contacts to get into a real(ish) studio if I feel up to it
Drummer to songwriter is a hard leap to make, and my voice is very untrained and weak because of reflux.
phil-collins-wallpaper_154283-1600x1200.jpg

Phil made the transition, but he's also a touring artist which makes his chops more solid. I'm rusty. I really need to practice again.
(thanks for letting me talk about myself)
Sorry to hear about your health. Yes, it does seem as if though you've been at it for a long time. It seems like music is your life. Yeah, getting back into stuff, kind of takes quite a bit of time, but the good news is that often, and not, people actually perform better ;).

Good luck with the transition :)

And no probs ;).

<3.

idkwattodowithlife said:
Yeah, getting back into stuff, kind of takes quite a bit of time, but the good news is that often, and not, people actually perform better

Thanks for that, I hope you're right.

I draw and craft stuff (sketchbooks and scarfs/hats). It always gives me a rush to finish a work. You instantly see what you did and see that your efforts were worth it. 

And i'm self thaught. I only saw a few tutorials on the Internet for basics, the rest are my own ideas and experience/skill. 

(BTW I haven't figured out how to post a picture yet , guess I'm too dumb for that. It just doesn't work)

DrawingAllDay said:
I draw and craft stuff (sketchbooks and scarfs/hats). It always gives me a rush to finish a work. You instantly see what you did and see that your efforts were worth it.
And i'm self thaught. I only saw a few tutorials on the Internet for basics, the rest are my own ideas and experience/skill.
(BTW I haven't figured out how to post a picture yet , guess I'm too dumb for that. It just doesn't work)

Cool, I always liked to draw but never had discipline. I always say I'll do some art gains shit, but I'd have to be dedicated.

You can add a picture as an attachment on the main reply screen, or find the url of the image (use a hosting service if it's something on your pc you want to upload) and place the url between [img ] url goes here [/img]

https://d1nqx6es26drid.cloudfront.net/app/uploads/2015/04/04043402/product-big-mac.png
plus [ img] before and [/img] after
makes
product-big-mac.png

(take the space out of )

EDIT: fuck that's confusing, sorry, ask a better incel or post the question on the questions board

A Good Friend said:
Cool, I always liked to draw but never had discipline. I always say I'll do some art gains shit, but I'd have to be dedicated.

You can add a picture as an attachment on the main reply screen, or find the url of the image (use a hosting service if it's something on your pc you want to upload) and place the url between [img ] url goes here [/img]

https://d1nqx6es26drid.cloudfront.net/app/uploads/2015/04/04043402/product-big-mac.png
plus [ img] before and [/img] after
makes
product-big-mac.png

(take the space out of )

EDIT: fuck that's confusing, sorry, ask a better incel or post the question on the questions board
[/quote]

I tried, but it says it's too large. Guess I'll try again when I'm home

I did it from 10-16 but I pretty much.stopped doing.anything

yeah - digital art and producing music. Depression made me lose interest.

I think it worked? Tried to bring down the quality [attachment=1690]

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1517399999717.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1517399999717.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 84
I draw and write sometimes.

fukmylyf said:
yeah - digital art and producing music. Depression made me lose interest.
What DAW do you use for music? I've had FL for years, but I suck at it.

DrawingAllDay said:
I think it worked? Tried to bring down the quality [attachment=1690]
Oh, you got the goods. Nice. Why do you guys use graph paper? Does it help with proportions or something?

Kointo said:
I draw and write sometimes.

RIP

Come back with some examples. Sharpen that blade in your exile. This is an order.

A Good Friend said:
What DAW do you use for music? I've had FL for years, but I suck at it.

I used FL and Studio One.

fukmylyf said:
I used FL and Studio One.

I don't know about studio one. I've only used FL personally. I have ableton but my computer is gay.

I just can't make beats, man. It's easier for me to sit down at my kit and play any pattern than it is to program one, but if I want to capture that, it's like 10K in good mics and mixers.

A Good Friend said:
Oh, you got the goods. Nice. Why do you guys use graph paper? Does it help with proportions or something?

I drawed this one at school, so I didn't have normal blank paper there. Usually I transfer them to normal paper when I'm home, but I didn't have time yet.

A Good Friend said:

I drawed this one at school, so I didn't have normal blank paper there. Usually I transfer them to normal paper when I'm home, but I didn't have time yet.

My Cintiq is rotting with me while I studycel

A Good Friend said:
I don't know about studio one. I've only used FL personally. I have ableton but my computer is gay.

I just can't make beats, man. It's easier for me to sit down at my kit and play any pattern than it is to program one, but if I want to capture that, it's like 10K in good mics and mixers.

yeah, FL isn't the best choice for live instrumentation. It's more suitable for casual fags, lol