Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Creatine Can Improve Cognition in Experimentally Impaired and Elderly

Ohwell

Ohwell

Bioprovement
★★★
The ingestion of the dietary supplement creatine (about 20 g/day for 5 days or about 2 g/day for 30 days) results in increased skeletal muscle creatine and phosphocreatine. Subsequently, the performance of high-intensity exercise tasks, which rely heavily on the creatine-phosphocreatine energy system, is enhanced. The well documented benefits of creatine supplementation in young adults, including increased lean body mass, increased strength, and enhanced fatigue resistance are particularly important to older adults. With aging and reduced physical activity, there are decreases in muscle creatine, muscle mass, bone density, and strength. However, there is evidence that creatine ingestion may reverse these changes, and subsequently improve activities of daily living. Several groups have demonstrated that in older adults, short-term high-dose creatine supplementation, independent of exercise training, increases body mass, enhances fatigue resistance, increases muscle strength, and improves the performance of activities of daily living. Similarly, in older adults, concurrent creatine supplementation and resistance training increase lean body mass, enhance fatigue resistance, increase muscle strength, and improve performance of activities of daily living to a greater extent than resistance training alone. Additionally, creatine supplementation plus resistance training results in a greater increase in bone mineral density than resistance training alone. Higher brain creatine is associated with improved neuropsychological performance, and recently, creatine supplementation has been shown to increase brain creatine and phosphocreatine. Subsequent studies have demonstrated that cognitive processing, that is either experimentally (following sleep deprivation) or naturally (due to aging) impaired, can be improved with creatine supplementation. Creatine is an inexpensive and safe dietary supplement that has both peripheral and central effects. The benefits afforded to older adults through creatine ingestion are substantial, can improve quality of life, and ultimately may reduce the disease burden associated with sarcopenia and cognitive dysfunction.

Sources

Creatine makes you go bald faster

It increases the DHT levels, so at least there is a risk it does it.
Lots of things increase and decrease hormone levels a little bit but not enough to cause balding.

Lots of things increase and decrease hormone levels a little bit but not enough to cause balding.
Balding is caused by your genes, which make your hair follicles sensible to DHT.
So it doesn't cause it, but might make it happen faster as it increases your DHT levels.
Screenshot 2024 01 26 at 33638 in the afternoon

Balding is caused by your genes, which make your hair follicles sensible to DHT.
So it doesn't cause it, but might make it happen faster as it increases your DHT levels.
View attachment 1047790
While DHT levels naturally increase with age, certain lifestyle choices such as smoking, drinking alcohol, poor diet, high levels of stress, and taking certain medications can also increase DHT production.

Red meats are also high in saturated fats, which can cause an increase in DHT levels because they increase the amount of testosterone in the body. Dairy products are rich in calcium, which has been shown to cause the body to produce more DHT.

I will not risk my hair for anything

View attachment 1047790
5g a day for like almost 3 years now, you don’t have to do a loading phase, there is no downside to creatine, my hairline is fine and my hair is thick

I will not risk my hair for anything
While DHT levels naturally increase with age, certain lifestyle choices such as smoking, drinking alcohol, poor diet, high levels of stress, and taking certain medications can also increase DHT production.

Red meats are also high in saturated fats, which can cause an increase in DHT levels because they increase the amount of testosterone in the body. Dairy products are rich in calcium, which has been shown to cause the body to produce more DHT.
Dont eat red meat or get stressed.

I'd like better brain function doe

No brain function for your face.