Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Complexity is usually just egotistical bullshit

Raidriar3015

Raidriar3015

Coping Gymmaxxer
★★
Here's a short story from one of my uni classes.

In this class, we have a semester long research project. The professor has 2 students who previously took the class present their old project to us. One man and one foid.

The man's topic was pretty complex, but he used diagrams and genuinely tried to explain the logic behind it. He didn't use unnecessary jargon, and overall, his presentation was pretty specific and digestible.

The foid was next. Through her entire presentation, she used as many buzzwords as she could. She never once explained a single idea in depth, and instead spent time talking about broad topics, making them sound as complex as possible. She also mentioned several times how she was now a graduate student, whereas the man just focused on his topic.

The really annoying thing is that normies seem to think the foid's presentation style is the more impressive one. For some stupid reason, they can't see through the fake intelligence-signaling, just like they can't see through virtue-signaling (or choose not to).

It's the same with journal articles. If you've spent any time reading them, you probably noticed this too. A lot of the time, simple ideas are expressed with the most amount of jargon possible. This is definitely something implicitly taught in college; the more complex you make something sound, the more impressive it is (and the higher your grade).

Saint Terry said it best:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0qmkQGqpM8

This applies to a ton of things. Once you take the time to learn a topic, you realize it's actually much less complex that it was made out to be.
An extreme example would a "deterministic finite automata". This was something taught about in my "theory of computation" class. Once you see how it works, it's actually the simplest fucking thing, despite the jargon used to explain it. They're just pretentious assholes.

Not to say that computing isn't complex overall; it has like 20 abstraction layers between the hardware and a user program (a number I completely made up), but even then, it's still made out as more complex that it really is.

Last edited:
This is why (((Science))) is for cucked soy faggots,quite on point OP, based first posts GrAYcel.
Soyny

An extreme example would a "deterministic finite automata". This was something taught about in my "theory of computation" class. Once you see how it works, it's actually the simplest fucking thing, despite the jargon used to explain it. They're just pretentious assholes.
I often read math articles and see the same thing. An otherwise simple concept gets butchered into one large abstract mess.

It may be deliberate, or it could just be what the author personally thinks is the simplistic explanation. I have my own style that others don't like.

I often read math articles and see the same thing. An otherwise simple concept gets butchered into one large abstract mess.
True. Proofs often get that treatment, in my experience.

It may be deliberate, or it could just be what the author personally thinks is the simplistic explanation. I have my own style that others don't like.
I don't really think it's deliberate most of the time, it's just what they've been taught to do, and it's what everybody else does.

Great post thanks for sharing.

I noticed that its often less incompetent individuals, or individuals with an average degree of competency that employ buzzwords and confusion to make themselves seem better than they actually are.

This is why I use this site, only here can I see people share the same sentiments as me regarding little stuff like this.

I noticed that its often less incompetent individuals, or individuals with an average degree of competency that employ buzzwords and confusion to make themselves seem better than they actually are.
True.

This is why I use this site, only here can I see people share the same sentiments as me regarding little stuff like this.
Same here. I don't really understand why most of us have similar opinions on things outside of inceldom, but it is the case.

Same here. I don't really understand why most of us have similar opinions on things outside of inceldom, but it is the case.
I think I have an idea why in my mind.

The blackpill is the truth of the world, the actual truth and most people are unaware of it, blackpilled people see with completely clarity so hence the similar opinions.

Here's a short story from one of my uni classes.

In this class, we have a semester long research project. The professor has 2 students who previously took the class present their old project to us. One man and one foid.

The man's topic was pretty complex, but he used diagrams and genuinely tried to explain the logic behind it. He didn't use unnecessary jargon, and overall, his presentation was pretty specific and digestible.

The foid was next. Through her entire presentation, she used as many buzzwords as she could. She never once explained a single idea in depth, and instead spent time talking about broad topics, making them sound as complex as possible. She also mentioned several times how she was now a graduate student, whereas the man just focused on his topic.

The really annoying thing is that normies seem to think the foid's presentation style is the more impressive one. For some stupid reason, they can't see through the fake intelligence-signaling, just like they can't see through virtue-signaling (or choose not to).

It's the same with journal articles. If you've spent any time reading them, you probably noticed this too. A lot of the time, simple ideas are expressed with the most amount of jargon possible. This is definitely something implicitly taught in college; the more complex you make something sound, the more impressive it is (and the higher your grade).

Saint Terry said it best:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0qmkQGqpM8

This applies to a ton of things. Once you take the time to learn a topic, you realize it's actually much less complex that it was made out to be.

Not to say that computing isn't complex overall; it has like 20 abstraction layers between the hardware and a user program (a number I completely made up), but even then, it's still made out as more complex that it really is.

it also is related to how the ease of digital editing has made it easier to add this bloat.
If you read research papers from the 80s for instance, they are often much easier to read, because people had to type that shit out on a typewriter and you could not edit or even print out shit. Printers only became popular and mainstream in the 90s.

Using complex terminology to refer to specific concepts is unnecessary, because using a specific term for a specific concept requires the listener or reader to already know the concept and the terminology before reading the word. It's circular reasoning and a big fuck you to the reader.

>he can read math

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

i literally couldnt do inventory at internship because I struggle to count objects
they took the clipboard from me and had someone else do it

>he can read math

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

i literally couldnt do inventory at internship because I struggle to count objects
they took the clipboard from me and had someone else do it
It's because you're too smart to wageslave like me :)

I think I have an idea why in my mind.

The blackpill is the truth of the world, the actual truth and most people are unaware of it, blackpilled people see with completely clarity so hence the similar opinions.
I agree with that. Accepting the blackpill shows willingness to accept uncomfortable truths. Even still though, it's like a lot of us were just born thinking differently.

it also is related to how the ease of digital editing has made it easier to add this bloat.
If you read research papers from the 80s for instance, they are often much easier to read, because people had to type that shit out on a typewriter and you could not edit or even print out shit. Printers only became popular and mainstream in the 90s.
That's a good point.
Using complex terminology to refer to specific concepts is unnecessary, because using a specific term for a specific concept requires the listener or reader to already know the concept and the terminology before reading the word. It's circular reasoning and a big fuck you to the reader.
True. That's what I meant by jargon.