Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

College is a scam for most people

imbored21

imbored21

Banned
-
if i didn’t waste 4 years going to college i could have gotten like 3 promotions in that time period and be making a decent wage by now. I’d guess around 60k/year. Instead i got a degree and had to start at the bottom anyway. Don’t go to college unless you have a legit major like compsci, nursing, accounting, or engineering.

Not like i got laid in college either. 4 years of my life that i will never get back.

college is terribel suifuel im happy im almost done. had to do it to get my parents off my back though.

Tellem--T said:
Jfl@ going to college

The fact that you always leave out a space between JFL and @ deeply disturbs me

cope, if u dont fuck around and do bullshit in college u get real knowledge and ticket into successful future

In the US, sure. In Scandinavia? Not so much. In fact, you even get paid to go to college.

At least you didn't major in liberal arts or gender studies.

The situation in germany is also quite different and degrees are not a waste of time here.

Of course it is a lot of the time. You spend years learning a career and once you get out you have thousands on top of thousands of student debt and you can't find anyone to hire you.

Do guys think chemistry is a degree worth going to college for?

Yeah OP, I'd have to agree with you.

Robinxyz said:
It's good for pre-med, if you're shooting to get into med school, like other majors such as, e.g. biology, biochemistry, anatomy/physiology, ..., etc.

If you want to make your chem degree more useful, be sure to take some stats, and programming courses (or even minor in them, if possible). You made need a certificate or two in data or I.T. training to make yourself more suitable for employment. You may even qualify for data entry, if you keep up with some of your stats units.

Robinxyz said:

Graduating with a degree in chem and will be starting grad school in the Fall. Be sure to get lab work experience if you want to get a job post college.

Robinxyz said:

I don't know what you'd really do with just a 4 year degree in chemistry other than working in a lab that you don't even need a degree for.

imbored21 said:
I don't know what you'd really do with just a 4 year degree in chemistry other than working in a lab that you don't even need a degree for.

Industry positions.

College provides incentive. If you try to learn on your own, it feels like another hobby. This is why bands play shows. It gives them incentive to practice so they don't look like assholes in front of a crowd.

yeah it really is, in australia theres so many people studying their lives away for what? a shitty degree that might not even be useful since they dont have experience for the job they are after in the first place? + there is a really bad unemployment problem here too. And study is not cheap. Although in australia we have a "pay your courses back when you hit 53k salary" scheme, once these people start earning money ( if they do get a high paying job) they gotta pay their courses anyway and like i said they aint cheap. So really unless you are studying for something really really good that will make u an absolute fuckload of money, its a waste of time

Better off doing a trade while young or something, still big money there. Or start in a job and work your way up. Always plenty of opportunities if you arent a lazy ass although some jobs you really wouldnt want to step up in because shit management pay anyway

College is a scam unless you choose a solid field. JFL if you aren't stemcelling tbh.