Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion "Cognitive Behavioural Therapy"

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Is this thing everywhere where you are too?

I feel like whenever ANY mental health condition or mental health therapy is mentioned here in the UK, it's somehow connected to CBT.

It's so weird. Even therapies that have been around longer than CBT have existed are still now considered part of CBT.

I don't know why this bothers me so much, lol

I have had OCD for years and I probably would have had therapy for it years ago but because wherever I turned people said CBT to me like robots I think it just kind of creeped me out and pushed me away.

I guess it's just the way modern medicine and psychiatry likes to label and order things, but I genuinely think it's offputting to some people because it's so rigid, overwhelming and robotic.

OK rant over, lol

I don't like cock and ball torture

@Atavistic Autist

I have had OCD for years and I probably would have had therapy for it years ago but because wherever I turned people said CBT to me like robots I think it just kind of creeped me out and pushed me away.
CBT therapists are extremely robotic. They literally brainwashed these people into their cult :lul:

The reason CBT is so ubiquitous in the medical systems of both Britain and America is because it requires little training and money. The therapist just goes through the same stupid formula with everybody.

CBT therapists are extremely robotic. They literally brainwashed these people into their cult :lul:

The reason CBT is so ubiquitous in the medical systems of both Britain and America is because it requires little training and money. The therapist just goes through the same stupid formula with everybody.

Ah I see. It was bizarre to me how I just couldn't escape it.

I mean... for OCD they mostly use this thing called ERP (which I think used to be called "exposure therapy" and has been around since the 1950s). I actually think it seems quite good so I think I'll finally give it a go. It's also not too intrusive - I don't feel like they're trying to rewire my brain or something!

Goodness knows how they've managed to create an umbrella term so vague/broad that almost every therapy seems to fit under it! May as well just call it "therapy" at that point.

lol. I hope I don't end up going to the wrong session.

Therapy is a Jewish scam.

i don't believe someone can fix my mental issues just by talking

I think CBT can run dangerously close to ABA in that therapists can sometimes try to gaslight you into thinking and behaving in a normie way when you aren't a normie. Or, they try to make you think something wasn't trauma when it was.

The problem with therapy is that the people who end up in therapy are the people who normie society already failed. Then, therapists are recruited from normie society and doubly traumatize their patients because they see the patient's problems through the hegemonic normie lens.

There are good shrinks out there, but you need to find someone highly empathetic, patient, and who is careful about not pushing meds hard.

I think CBT can run dangerously close to ABA in that therapists can sometimes try to gaslight you into thinking and behaving in a normie way when you aren't a normie. Or, they try to make you think something wasn't trauma when it was.

The problem with therapy is that the people who end up in therapy are the people who normie society already failed. Then, therapists are recruited from normie society and doubly traumatize their patients because they see the patient's problems through the hegemonic normie lens.

There are good shrinks out there, but you need to find someone highly empathetic, patient, and who is careful about not pushing meds hard.

I really agree actually yeah.

I do blame this society for my OCD to some degree. Going to that society for therapy felt like going to my abuser for support to get over the abuse.

I don't think this society is wholly bad. But isolation is what gave me OCD and if society was warmer and more sociable then I would have never gotten it.

And yeah many therapists are not especially nice people either and are constantly looking to label people with a million made up mental health conditions, so you just come out feeling even more traumatised.