Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Code Lyoko was a dope show tbh

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
MV5BNzkwZDJjYWEtZTY5Yy00OTRmLWIyNzEtN2ZlZjVlMzI1NDVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjcwMzExMzU@._V1_QL75_UY281_CR4,0,190,281_.jpg

Dunno if this thing was popular in America but in Spain (and Europe in general I guess) this cartoon had a huge following in the 2000s, all kids watched it and in the playground larped as the main characters and sheit like that kek. The story was pretty weird with a super computer virus that becomes intelligent and can fuck shit up in the real world, and to stop him the main characters go to the virtual world where the virus is to stop his actions. It had a lot of actions sequences alternating classic animation for the real world and CGI for the virtual world. Also the show had character development and a surprisingly deep lore for a children's cartoon, with many flashbacks and time travel to answer the different enigmas it had. Each chapter was a different story but they were all connected and at the end of the season everything made sense and it was really cool.

I probably watched from seasons 1 to 3 in its entirety (season 3 ended with a huge cliffhanger) and then season 4 not all episodes but still many, and I watched the end of the show too. Maybe if I watch it nowadays I won't think it's as good as I remember it but it was more complex than other French cartoons like Totally Spies or Martin Mistery, without disrespecting those shows kek. The only bad thing is that "fake anime" artstyle and the huge foreheads of the characters which even as a kid thought looked ridiculous. But I still loved the show. Even my parents liked it. I'm citing @Wizard32 the cartoon connoiseur to see his opinion :feelsokman: Also the intro song is so memorable and nostalgic

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq0EAiaUR9E

Unrelated fun fact: When I went with high school to France on a school exchange for a week I was thinking all the time "this high school looks like the Code Lyoko school" kek because it was huge with a swimming pool, workshop, dorms and lots of green areas. High schools in France look more like university campuses than high schools because they're so big. In Spain high school is just a building and a sports field usually made of concrete to reduce costs.

Last edited:
them niggas got bigger foreheads than shannon rose ballsack

The only bad thing is that "fake anime" artstyle and the huge foreheads of the characters which even as a kid thought looked ridiculous.
I think of it as more of an 'anime tribute' much like teen titans.

MillySolovieffHeldMillyAndNegressLewd

The giant foreheads never bothered me, I came to think of them as cute, I think it's a fetish you embrace when you begin to emphasize girls' personalities and brains like a true gentleman.

But I still loved the show. Even my parents liked it. I'm citing @Wizard32 the cartoon connoiseur to see his opinion :feelsokman: Also the intro song is so memorable and nostalgic
I was a huge fan of the show when they first aired the English dubs up in Canada
Even after I watched all of it (well except that last live action season, not touching that cancer) I still torrented it all and plan to rewatch it again some day.

Last edited: