Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Christiancels what do you think of "orthobros"?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
People from a non Slav/Greek background who just discovered Orthodox Christianity online and convert to it after being disappointed with their denomination for being too moderate, woke or sheit like that.

They make their new faith a personality trait and have to tell everyone they're Orthodox, buy a shitton of merch, say "based" all the time, spam shitty Orthodox memes and it seems more like a larp than religion.

From what I read the other normal Orthodox Christians are very ashamed of them. Tbh I don't dislike them but they're the most similar thing to a religious weeb that we have. Also the natural evolution of the band kid obsessed with Russia if they discover Christianity. Btw the memes making fun of them are good :feelskek:
Vkx34tmccl271

8ac

It's better than Catholicism, but any religion fused with the government is ultimately a false religion.

I wouldn't mind Orthodoxmaxxing but it's pretty much impossible here in Italy aka cathocuck central.

I've met real orthodox followers online, mostly from the Balkans and they're just more conservative. At least the women seem to whore out less, prots and catty women tend to whore out then say "god will forgive me" the settle for a Virgin betabuxx at 25.

Orthos aren't all like that YET but it's getting there.

If Ortodox church is good in your country then go for it if you want to Christmaxx. I am protestant myself but honestly it's mostly because the Catholic Church in my country is so corrupted (over 90% of Christians are Catholics so the Catholic Church controls the majority) that I was looking for some alternative. But if I was born in the place like northern USA then I would probably go not for some SJW "protestant" denomination but some other

Most people are bots and only follow trends They arent interested in it they just Saw a bunch tiktok and made it their whole personality

I'm a Catholic myself and as far as I know, the Orthodoxy is more or less the same as Catholicism except for the disagreement on the Papal Primacy. So, yeah they are Christians just like me but we have different interpretations of the belief system. I'm not familiar with the popular culture aspect you shared, though.

We have Roosh V largely to thank for this lol

Orthodoxy does look very cool but I'm more used to the sermon type service vs the chant type ones of Orthodoxy

Also, the history connecting it back through the Byzantine Empire is very interesting

Never been to Murica but what I have seen of Muricans online they seem to be the most annoying, brainwashed, insufferable folks out there.

Orthodox are good people

People from a non Slav/Greek background who just discovered Orthodox Christianity online and convert to it after being disappointed with their denomination for being too moderate, woke or sheit like that.

They make their new faith a personality trait and have to tell everyone they're Orthodox, buy a shitton of merch, say "based" all the time, spam shitty Orthodox memes and it seems more like a larp than religion.

From what I read the other normal Orthodox Christians are very ashamed of them. Tbh I don't dislike them but they're the most similar thing to a religious weeb that we have. Also the natural evolution of the band kid obsessed with Russia if they discover Christianity. Btw the memes making fun of them are good :feelskek:
View attachment 1035064
View attachment 1035065
Most of them are western larpers who conviertes because of tiktok edits.

Real eastern orthodox dont make it their personality and ofc they're not chronically online

Orthobros getting slaughtered on Ukraine rn