Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel chatGPT won't kill our jobs, templates will

AsiaCel

AsiaCel

[AIDS] ACCELERATIONIST INCEL DEATH SQUAD
★★★★★
This is my view for codecels...sorry for the clickbait title BTW.

I think the future of programming won't be entirely replaced by chatGPT. ChatGPT is over hyped.

Rather, it will be replaced by super simple, easily configured framework.

An real world example is this very forum. MyPHP is simple and easy to configure, provides a "modern" interface. It doesn't need many people to set it up.

Likewise, the existence of Photoshop killed the market for "coders making in-house image editor". Microsoft excel put custom, graph apps (complex and expensive to make) out of services.

"Templates" will kill our jobs, not ChatGPT, though, it will play a very big role.

The end result is, only a few developers at the top will remain. These are the people with knowledge about architect so they can bug fix and add new custom features, maintain the app etc.

Last edited:
What that means is, the dev market will be more competitive than it already is, the "golden market" is to hop on legacy software maintaining before they all get replaced by simple templates, so you can grind years of experience before the market becomes unentryable

Last edited:
In short, templates mostly kill web dev and mobile apps, while chatGPT can help with more complicated tasks such as windows exploits and C++ coding, where you may need to have to look for a memory in other software that you have no access to. For example, "what memory location does Roblox store its player walkspeed at?"

This is my view for codecels...sorry for the clickbait title BTW.

I think the future of programming won't be entirely replaced by chatGPT. ChatGPT is over hyped.

Rather, it will be replaced by super simple, easily configured framework.

An real world example is this very forum. MyPHP is simple and easy to configure, provides a "modern" interface. It doesn't need many people to set it up.

Likewise, the existence of Photoshop killed the market for "coders making in-house image editor". Microsoft excel put custom, graph apps (complex and expensive to make) out of services.

"Templates" will kill our jobs, not ChatGPT, though, it will play a very big role.

The end result is, only a few developers at the top will remain. These are the people with knowledge about architect so they can bug fix and add new custom features, maintain the app etc.
Good point

But i think at one point in 20-30 years all dev jobs will be obsolete.

But i think at one point in 20-30 years all dev jobs will be obsolete.
I think there will always be a top guy to maintain things because AI is kinda funky rn. Of course, the guys job is to make sure exception does not happen, much like pilots and autopilots, or self driving buses and drivers.

don't need chatgpt when I already have immigrants doing the job

AI investors have recently placed big bets on Broadcom (AVGO) and Marvel (MRVL).

IMG 3044