Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Can my parents legally sell my stuff when I move out?

ordinaryotaku

ordinaryotaku

Rotting collegecel. Women hate me for existing.
★★★★★
Don't want to ask this on Reddit just because it's fucking Reddit.

I'm going to uni in like a month and a half, and I'm a bit distrusting of my parents, especially since they took all the money out of my savings account recently and are refusing to pay me for helping them move (they told me they would pay me too).

My main concern is that I have a somewhat large video game collection I've been adding onto for the past 11-12 years. I've collected a lot of extremely obscure games which I've only seen like once ever on eBay, which is my main MAIN concern. I don't think they ever liked it, and my number one fear is that I'm going to come back after 4 years only to find it all gone.

Can they legally do this?

Last edited:
I mean no because it's yours. But it would be hard to prove anything.

I mean no because it's yours. But it would be hard to prove anything.
How about with a shit ton of receipts/eBay buying history/photographs?

take them to judge judy

If you have parents like you describe (sorry that you do) they see that as storing your stuff for 4 years. And they may have a point. As suggested, a small storage unit might be feasible. It is possible, though, that you go to all the trouble to store this and then years down the line you ask yourself why you did as your interests change.

If you have parents like you describe (sorry that you do) they see that as storing your stuff for 4 years. And they may have a point. As suggested, a small storage unit might be feasible. It is possible, though, that you go to all the trouble to store this and then years down the line you ask yourself why you did as your interests change.
That's when he sells the games? If he has some truly rare cartridges their value has been steadily increasing.

If they paid for it, then sure... they're entitled to sell it.
if the value of your items is substantial (over $1000) i'd look into either putting it into storage (which will cost around $40 a month) or just to sell everything.