Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Can i have both linux and windows on the same pc at the same time???

edgelordcel

edgelordcel

Satanic groypmaster
★★★★★
Why are you asking that here, use a search engine, lad

Yes you can dual-boot

Why are you asking that here, use a search engine, lad
lad , mate, look, mate oy bruv, look mate. dont ever fuck with me you flippin twat

i ask here bc i can get in a chat with a expert on this + google is cucked , if i want anwsers some linux pc dude can guide me and anwser all my questions in 20 seconds, google cant, its unspecific and unspecified

Yes, you can dual boot. You have one disk partition with windows and when you want to go to Linux you restart and boot into Linux.
Pros: you get full performance
Cons: you can only use one at a time, a bit more complex you can accidentally delete your opponent windows partition if you don’t do it right

Another way is virtual machines.
You download virtual box or VMware player.
You then create a virtual machine
Pros: you can use both machines at the same time
Cons: your computer music be good enough to run two os at the same time, also performance is reduced on the virtual machine (no hardware acceleration)

Also it’s recommended you use Linux as the host vs windows because Linux is more flexible when it comes to server things

lad , mate, look, mate oy bruv, look mate. dont ever fuck with me you flippin twat

i ask here bc i can get in a chat with a expert on this + google is cucked , if i want anwsers some linux pc dude can guide me and anwser all my questions in 20 seconds, google cant, its unspecific and unspecified
I think your zoomer mind just struggles to use computers tbh, but whatever helps you cope boyo

Yes, you can dual boot. You have one disk partition with windows and when you want to go to Linux you restart and boot into Linux.
Pros: you get full performance
Cons: you can only use one at a time, a bit more complex you can accidentally delete your opponent windows partition if you don’t do it right

Another way is virtual machines.
You download virtual box or VMware player.
You then create a virtual machine
Pros: you can use both machines at the same time
Cons: your computer music be good enough to run two os at the same time, also performance is reduced on the virtual machine (no hardware acceleration)
i just want to run a 300 mb 2d game on the linux machine, i have i3 10100f and gtx 1650, is it doable?

I think your zoomer mind just struggles to use computers tbh, but whatever helps you cope boyo
no ur just coping hard mate bruv oy mate

Yes its called dual booting. I used to do it it can be a bit complicated for a first timer to set it up but generally you wanna install windows first then linux. I have no experience installing it the other way around

i just want to run a 300 mb 2d game on the linux machine, i have i3 10100f and gtx 1650, is it doable?
Yes, I would use a thin Linux distribution though like Linux mint. It’s easy to install and easy to navigate

Yes, I would use a thin Linux distribution though like Linux mint. It’s easy to install and easy to navigate
so i install linux mint in the virtual machine and just use it? my pc wont blow up?

the game is rimworld

so i install linux mint in the virtual machine and just use it? my pc wont blow up?

the game is rimworld
it should just work,
Probably the minimum virtual ram and space you should allocate to mint is 2gb ram and 20gb space, since you are just using one program.
You can see the video below

View: https://youtu.be/zRK-ag80-sk

I do dual-boot on two PCs, one mainly with Linux, the other mainly with Windows. So yeah, it's possible.

The one mistake you shouldn't make is having a too small C:\ partition. I used a big shared data partition and smallish system partitions, but they were not enough for windows and cause problems now. So reserve a good chunk for windows.

Replace the W11 SSD with the unformatted SSD and then install Linux. Swap SSDs again if you need Windows.

That is probably the simplest method.

Yes you can dual-boot
"A dual boot stepping on a human face forever.."

You're better off just pouring some "WINE" on a Linux box, and be rid of the Windows spyware.

Or keep it offline and unupdated... If it'll even do that...