Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Can a US-cel explain to me what a "quarterback" is?

Nordicel94

Nordicel94

Pancake-faced viking-cel
★★★
Why, in every American movie, does everyone want to be the quarterback of the High School American football team? And it ends up going to a Chad? What's special about the position? In football (soccer) a defender (back) is far less prestigious than an attacker. Why do quarterbacks get the "prom queen"?

They throw the ball.

@proudweeb

I'm pretty sure they are the niggas that are in charge of the ball when a play is made.

Like they are the ones who decide whether they want to run the ball or pass it or whatever

@proudweeb can probably explain it better

It's almost a leader sort of position. Only the top of the top make it there.

The quarterback is the main position on offense in american football. He's literally the first guy to get the ball on each play, and all plays have to go through him in some way. He can either drop back and throw the ball to the wide receivers, or he can hand it off to the running back, or he can run the ball by himself. Either way, it's the main position, and the spotlight is almost always on him. In the past it was possible for a running back to carry his team to victory, in which case the QB is not as important, but in today's game everything is so passing-centric that it's pretty much impossible for that to happen anymore

Basically, he gets the most praise if the team wins, and he gets the most criticism if the team loses. It's high risk, high reward, and only Gigachad moggers tend to have the guts to play the position

The quarterback is the main position on offense in american football. He's literally the first guy to get the ball on each play, and all plays have to go through him in some way. He can either drop back and throw the ball to the wide receivers, or he can hand it off to the running back, or he can run the ball by himself. Either way, it's the main position, and the spotlight is almost always on him. In the past it was possible for a running back to carry his team to victory, in which case the QB is not as important, but in today's game everything is so passing-centric that it's pretty much impossible for that to happen anymore
So it's like playmaker in soccer, like Messi.

Interesting, the rules are puzzling to me. I've watched some clips here and there and I don't understand it. But then I guess I understand why the quarterback has such high status. How does American football compare to the HS Basketball team and Baseball team in terms of status?

Why, in every American movie, does everyone want to be the quarterback of the High School American football team? And it ends up going to a Chad? What's special about the position? In football (soccer) a defender (back) is far less prestigious than an attacker. Why do quarterbacks get the "prom queen"?
Football position where you throw the ball in for everybody else to play with when a new round starts.

How does American football compare to the HS Basketball team and Baseball team in terms of status?

At least in the area that I live, high school football is a much bigger deal than basketball or baseball. Typically the quarterback of the football team is basically a local celebrity, and basketball/baseball players kinda fade into the background unless they're really really good and have potential to go pro someday

Like the striker in football they throw and catch the shit in the goal

The quarterback is almost always white.

The quarterback is the face of the team. He is the captain of the offense. The quarterback is the only player who gets to touch the ball on every single offensive play of the game

When you want to run the ball, the quarterback will hand the ball off the the running back. When you want to pass the ball, the quarterback himself will throw the ball to a receiver.

The quarterback has full control of the play before the play starts, and for that reason he needs to have a big brain. If coach called a play in the huddle thats supposed to beat a certain type of defensive coverage, but you see the defense is running a different type of coverage, its the QBs job to change the play pre-snap (pre-snap just mean 'before he starts the play'. Yeah i also didnt mention the QB is the guy who starts every single play. Like i said - he has full control of the offense pre-snap)

The QB is by far the most valuable player on the team. He needs to have good awareness, good throwing ability, good running ability, and a very high football IQ (aka knowing schemes and coverages and blocking etc. very in depth). This is a lot to ask though and its why so many guys dont make it as a qb.

This is an oversimplification but hopefully it gets the point across

Last edited:
@proudweeb

I'm pretty sure they are the niggas that are in charge of the ball when a play is made.

Like they are the ones who decide whether they want to run the ball or pass it or whatever

Yes they are the ones in charge

At least in the area that I live, high school football is a much bigger deal than basketball or baseball. Typically the quarterback of the football team is basically a local celebrity, and basketball/baseball players kinda fade into the background unless they're really really good and have potential to go pro someday
Status maxed. Where do you live?

The quarterback is the face of the team. He is the captain of the offense. The quarterback is the only player who gets to touch the ball on every single offensive play of the game

When you want to run the ball, the quarterback will hand the ball off the the running back. When you want to pass the ball, the quarterback himself will throw the ball to a receiver.

The quarterback has full control of the play before the play starts, and for that reason he needs to have a big brain. If coach called a play in the huddle thats supposed to beat a certain type of defensive coverage, but you see the defense is running a different type of coverage, its the QBs job to change the play pre-snap (pre-snap just mean 'before he starts the play'. Yeah i also didnt mention the QB is the guy who starts every single play. Like i said - he has full control of the offense pre-snap)

The QB is by far the most valuable player on the team. He needs to have good awareness, good throwing ability, good running ability, and a very high football IQ (aka knowing schemes and coverages and blocking etc. very in depth). This is a lot to ask though and its why so many guys dont make it as a qb.

Interesting in real football "soccer" no one is given that much status and responsibility.

it's like nickelback but 5x as shit

@proudweeb

othERs have explained it better than I could

Yes. Come to think of it I can’t imagine a black quarterback.

Only Russell Wilson but think he’s mixed
nowadays (due to muh racism complaints) we got black qbs out there like lamar, jalen, etc

also some mixed ones like dak

What's the college culture like? Are college quarterbacks big stars? College sports seem to be a big thing in the US.

Are you acting stupid? Even as a European it should be obvious, I can figure out cricket and rugby positions.

A quarterback’s main job is to throw the football to his teammates. It is symbolically the most important position on the team. American football is very racist, meaning black players are preferred at running and blocking positions, because stereotypically blacks are speedy and strong. Whites are stereotypically smart and can handle thinking under pressure, therefore, coaches have always preferred white males to play the position of quarterback.

Traditionally, foids have always gone for the “school quarterback,” because he was usually the most important white guy on the football team.

What's the college culture like?
College fanbases are usually a lot more diehard than pro football fanbases. The rivalries and traditions in college are also much older than in the NFL, some going back to the 1800s. I've heard that european sports fans are insane with how seriously they take sports - college football is the closest youll find to that in America

College football also has much more pageantry like marching bands and whatnot. It feels much more like a spectacle than NFL games do. Of course, no hate to the NFL, but thats just the nature of college football. Many people, myself included, prefer college football to pro football.

And with the nature of it being college, most fans in attendance are young, so it's not just a football game but its also a giant party

Are college quarterbacks big stars?
College players arent nearly as well known as pro players. Im not sure if id say there are many "big stars" in college, because the best players only get 2-3 years playing in college. So by the time they start making a name for themself, its already time for them to go pro.

College sports seem to be a big thing in the US.
They definitely are, but not as big as the NFL. If im not mistaken, the most watched college timeslot is Saturday noon which i think gets like 15 or so million viewers. The most watched nfl timeslot i believe is Sunday Night Football which i think gets like ~27 million viewers. I might be a little off with those numbers but i think they're accurate

And do touchdowns right? Do they run all across the field past everyone and touchdown?
a quarterback could do a touchdown, but generally that's not their thing

they're more like xavi hernandez or xabi alonso than messi, to use an example from football

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back