Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Busymaxxing: a new form of cope?

Suicide Sheep

Suicide Sheep

Proud NA KHHV Supremacist
★★★★★

1. Introduction​

So last month I was just roaming around youtube watching some random recommendation videos until I was shown a video talking about something called the 2-minute rule. In short, it states that "if you can do an action in two minutes or less, then you should do it right now". From there, you can do other small tasks (brushing your teeth, washing some dishes, taking the trash out) and periodically do some even harsher productive tasks if you are feeling like doing them, like studying harder subjects, doing exercises or learning a skill you're interested in.
It sounded like something reasonable to me, so I decided to give it a try. And I got tell you guys, after creating a few extra rules on top of it, this has been working really well for me: I've been so busy with my projects and chores that suddenly those thoughts of wasting my time trying to attract and hold a conversation that lasts longer than 10 seconds with my hypothetical significant others have faded away. Don't get me wrong, I still have those horny/cuddle/love crises every now and then, but the point is that they are way less frequent than before and have very specific treatments available such as masturbation or sleeping hugged to a pillow, so these are not things that end up haunting me the whole day.

2. How can I try this cope?​

As I mentioned earlier, I had to add some extra rules on top of the 2-minute rule I saw to achieve my results. However, I believe that what rules one should or not follow will vary on the person trying this cope. Feel free to modify them according to what works best for you, as long as you don't remove the 2-minute rule.

2.1. During weeks​

1 - Don't sleep too much (more than 8 hours)
Once you wake up, never go back to sleep. The bed is a trap, no matter how much your body begs for it. For some reason, if you feel too rested you won't be able to be productive. That feeling of discomfort when waking up is what will keep you motivated throughout the day.

2 - Clean yourself up
Are you in a state where you wouldn't be able to go out without people noticing you're smelling like shit (bad breath, smell, dirty...)? Then you should clean yourself up, as I believe the Pygmalion and Halo Effect affects even the individual's subconscious, meaning that if your brain knows you're dirty, it will make your body perform worse overall.

3 - Get dressed
This one is simple: When you aren't using clothes, your body feels too unrestrained, resulting in it begging you to go rest or procrastinate.

4 - Start doing productive tasks using the 2-minute rule
If you haven't read the introduction, the 2-minute rule states that "if you can do an action in two minutes or less, then you should do it right now". This is usually easy, but it can be made easier and even enjoyable if you do your tasks while listening to things you like, such as podcasts, songs or documentaries, so I suggest putting your phone in your pocket and using it to listen to something on your headphones.
"Productive tasks" include learning anything useful, doing chores or starting (and, most importantly, finishing) projects. All you need to remember is to start small and only move on to the next phase when your current workflow is getting too easy for you.

5 - Go to sleep early
Since you haven't slept much and worked more than you used to, making sure you sleep on time shouldn't be too difficult. Sleeping early is important for waking up earlier the next day.

2.2. During weekends​

1 - You're free
You've had a productive week. Rest or catch up on the less productive things you didn't have time to take care of during the week (TV shows, games, drinking...). Just make sure you sleep on time if it's Sunday.

3. Final Thoughts​

This might not work for everyone, as people are different from each other. But it worked so well for me that now I barely have time to check my incel forums or even bother trying to understand women. I decided to write this because I believe that sharing copes that worked for you is important. Hopefully this can help other incels, even if it's just one.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

TL;DR​

The 2-minute rule can make you so busy and accomplished doing productive tasks that you won't have energy nor interest in caring about your personal problems.

I'm pretty sure this type of cope was made by a jew who wants to increase the productivity of incels.

yeah but most chores i have these days 2 are more than 2 minutes
i think that spending something like 2 hours a day to do all the shorts is a better option, i can't wake up out of bed every hour to spend 2 minutes cleaning my dishes but i can clean everything and do everything all together

the only thing that will increase your productivity is by having children. everything else is a cope

based cope. finally someone with actually decent copes

tried that, but I just end up jackin off taking a piss and going for a nap

There’s no task I skip that is smaller than 2 minutes.

Keeping busy to forget about the fact that chad is piping your onetis while he does nothing but play video games

None of my problems are solved in 2 minutes. They are solved in hours to months.

Maybe stretching and push ups could be a 2 minute thing.

ldar for life