Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Brutal Jap language pill (weebs get in here)

Lv99_BixNood

Lv99_BixNood

fascel
★★★★★
I'm sure everyone here knows what "kawaii" (cute) means. I recently learned the word was derived from "kawaisou" (pitiful). Remember this when anyone tells you "cute" is a compliment for men. You only call things that are below you cute, like a pet or a younger girl. Women only date men they see as above them, so they will never use "cute" to refer to an attractive man unless they are like 13 and haven't grasped the intricasies of language yet. Suifuel for cutecels tbh :feelsrope:

They call chads cute. Just stop. Sometimes they will use the word hot, but they will say cute.

I'm sure everyone here knows what "kawaii" (cute) means. I recently learned the word was derived from "kawaisou" (pitiful). Remember this when anyone tells you "cute" is a compliment for men. You only call things that are below you cute, like a pet or a younger girl. Women only date men they see as above them, so they will never use "cute" to refer to an attractive man unless they are like 13 and haven't grasped the intricasies of language yet. Suifuel for cutecels tbh :feelsrope:
so its like "nice" in english?

Nice, it turns out, began as a negative term derived from the Latin nescius, meaning “unaware, ignorant.” This sense of “ignorant” was carried over into English when the word was first borrowed (via French) in the early 1300s. And for almost a century, nice was used to characterize a “stupid, ignorant, or foolish” person.

cope, no one calls subhumans cute.

Kawaii came from kahohayushi/kawayushi, not from kawaiisou.
But yeah, long, long ago it meant something you feel pitiful for.

English language has a lot of these too, languages change.

the second kanji in kawaii is "ai"=love tho :feelsthink:

cope theyre just homophones

the 2 kanjis from kawaii translate to lovable when interpreted literally

cope theyre just homophones

the 2 kanjis from kawaii translate to lovable when interpreted literally
I think the kanji got assigned after.

Didn't know that, very unsettling tbh.

I never even got called cute