Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Billbutler8, The 46 Year Old Virgin

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
When we talk about celibacy nowadays, we usually talk about it from a post-Tinder perspective. Something something hypergamy Internet Instagram and stuff. We talk about how Reddit is a bad/soyish source of advice. But what about a time before Tinder? Before most subreddits? What about, say, 2007?

For reasons, I find myself mired in old Internet haunts. And because I'm a 46 year old virgin myself, this old Plenty Of Fish thread is relevant to my interests. The Plenty Of Fish forums were taken down, but you can still look at archives of them.

Plenty Of Fish Forums, California subsection. Submitted for your approval, one Billbutler8. A virgin at 46. The time is "the other night" from Thursday, April 12th, 2007. Tumblr is baby smooth brand new, Britney Spears had shown us all her vagina, and somewhere Seung-Hui Cho is mulling over his atrocity. Bill is talking to his younger friend. Younger Friend is considering breaking up with his current girlfriend, but is afraid that this will mean a dry spell. Bill has apparently been in a relationship, but didn't have sex in it. Younger Friend doesn't know Bill is a virgin, but he does know that Bill was in a relationship. Younger Friend asks "How dry is the spell? How long did it take you to find sex again after you broke up?" Bill explains that he has never had sex since the breakup, or ever. He is a virgin.

Fast forward to 10:05 PM. They've been talking about Bill's virginity for 2 hours. Younger Friend insists that he will get Bill laid, tonight. Bill is freaked out. He declines, but will consider it another time. Younger Friend offers to take Bill "cruising for chicks" the following Tuesday night. Soon to face the music of his own ecstasy, he prepares by asking Plenty Of Fish this question...

Billbutler8 said:
When cruising for chicks in a bar, how do you determine your selection?—how do you figure out which one might be the best?

What follows is what 2007 thinks of the idea of a 46 year old virgin. A time before /pol/, a time before IncelTears, a time before many people on this forum could even produce a seed. See how we talked. What advice we offered. See how things change, and how things stay the same.

Billbutler8 1
Billbutler8 2
Billbutler8 3
Billbutler8 4

I am 27 so even I was an incel pre tinder days. I left school in 2011. I thought if I gym maxxxed I would get women, i also thought my autism was just a confidence issue. I've had to swallow many pills since 2011.

I am 27 so even I was an incel pre tinder days. I left school in 2011. I thought if I gym maxxxed I would get women, i also thought my autism was just a confidence issue. I've had to swallow many pills since 2011.

You were 15 when this happened, at 15 it's not unheard of to not have sex. Because you'd be a minor, and shouldn't have sex.

You were 15 when this happened, at 15 it's not unheard of to not have sex. Because you'd be a minor, and shouldn't have sex.
Pre tinder was pre 2013, I was 20

too long didn't read

It's 80 messages long, so it's not a light read, you're right.

But I wonder, what would happen if this post was recreated on, say, Reddit? What would the responses be? What I need is the closest thing to Plenty Of Fish California as possible. On Reddit.

Jfl they just laughed at him and called him a wanker
Zero applicable advice

Jfl they just laughed at him and called him a wanker
Zero applicable advice

But I wonder what the advice would be today? In 2019/2020?

I would honestly kill myself if i was still a virgin at this age, hell even being a 21 y/o virgin is already very suicidefuel.

I enjoy a good Rod Serling-post.

I didn't know you were a 46 years old virgin. I'm sorry for that, OP :feelsrope:

Oldschool "incel" forums are bluepilled af but they are unintentionally funny.

It's 80 messages long, so it's not a light read, you're right.

But I wonder, what would happen if this post was recreated on, say, Reddit? What would the responses be? What I need is the closest thing to Plenty Of Fish California as possible. On Reddit.

Know what I think the problem is with this potential experiment? And maybe the Internet as a whole now? Or at least Reddit? You can tell just from those posts that the Plenty Of Fish forums are a community. Like we're a community here. People know each other, etc. Not so on Reddit, save for a very small subreddit. I couldn't go on r/dating_advice and know everybody's name like I could here. This is what we've lost as we migrated from forums to subreddits and Twitter.

I hate this goddamn world
full