Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Being untouchable through most of school

Reprobus

Reprobus

Anarchycel
★★★★★
Growing up I would live in apartments with my family and it's only recently that they've gotten enough money moved into a house, I had no gaming systems, no phone, no cool clothes, no good shoes, nothing, I was still happy though because I was quite creative. While in school, all the kids would talk about the new game that was out all the time or about some other materialistic desire, and I could not join in any of these conversations since I didn't know about any of this. I would attempt to play with kids but it wouldn't work out since they would all go back to focal point of materialism or the video games they play together. I was shunned and very ignored by most people, I would go to after school and sit alone with two indifferent 5th graders for most of my time in school. Things only got worse, because people got more and more focused on games and materialism, I was just broke and didn't know anything about any of this, but I was so happy about everything and hoping someone would be my friend.

Middle school was awful as well, I never wore cool shoes/outfits and still didn't have a console either, didn't even have a phone. Everyone was on their phones all the time or bragging about their designer outfit or all this other shit. I was real young and didn't see the importance in any of their extreme materialism, then when I finally did in about 8th grade, I turned inwards, and was embarrassed at how ignorantly poor I was.

Soon it was to high school, I had got a job by then but I didn't see any importance in wasting my money to fit in with people who treat me like shit, at this point appealing to them was the last thing I gave a fuck about. I wore better clothes but I was perpetually lonely and would eat lunch with strangers I would barely talk to just to get through the day. I had got a phone, but was still ignorant about most of the games (which nearly everyone was playing by now) other guys loved and their ravenous desire to fit in or stand out through money or attention.

Last edited:
OP, I can relate to you.

Growing up I would live in apartments with my family and it's only recently that they've gotten enough money moved into a house, I had no gaming systems, no phone, no cool clothes, no good shoes, nothing, I was still happy though because I was quite creative. While in school, all the kids would talk about the new game that was out all the time or about some other materialistic desire, and I could not join in any of these conversations since I didn't know about any of this. I would attempt to play with kids but it wouldn't work out since they would all go back to focal point of materialism or the video games they play together. I was shunned and very ignored by most people, I would go to after school and sit alone with two indifferent 5th graders for most of my time in school. Things only got worse, because people got more and more focused on games and materialism, I was just broke and didn't know anything about any of this, but I was so happy about everything and hoping someone would be my friend.

Middle school was awful as well, I never wore cool shoes/outfits and still didn't have a console either, didn't even have a phone. Everyone was on their phones all the time or bragging about their designer outfit or all this other shit. I was real young and didn't see the importance in any of their extreme materialism, then when I finally did in about 8th grade, I turned inwards, and was embarrassed at how ignorantly poor I was.

Soon it was to high school, I had got a job by then but I didn't see any importance in wasting my money to fit in with people who treat me like shit, at this point appealing to them was the last thing I gave a fuck about. I wore better clothes but I was perpetually lonely and would eat lunch with strangers I would barely talk to just to get through the day. I had got a phone, but was still ignorant about most of the games (which nearly everyone was playing by now) other guys loved and their ravenous desire to fit in or stand out through money or attention.
I feel you bro.

My parents were reasonably well off. But I was in a poor school district and everyone there was from the slums. They thought I had an iphone and everything. I didn't even have a phone. Nor did I have a console or a PC. All I had was a fucking pentium 3 computer. And this was the case till around 2010. Then I got a crappy P3.

I had only one friend at school. He was a gamer. But I couldn't talk to him about games, because he had a good pc and I didn't.

I didn't notice that all these branded things mattered until recently. And I didn't know how to dress. I know have some branded things. I learned about brands and stuff.
But it doesn't matter anymore, because I'm norwooding.

I probably could've been a high tier normie if I had proper care for my parents. But they didn't do jackshit to me until my mental health had clearly broken.

I will never forgive them for this.

I had only one friend at school. He was a gamer. But I couldn't talk to him about games, because he had a good pc and I didn't.

I didn't notice that all these branded things mattered until recently. And I didn't know how to dress. I know have some branded things. I learned about brands and stuff.
The gamers at my schools were pretty much the lowest of the low on the food chain and I couldn't even talk to them, they'd literally tell me to go away when I tried talking to them once.
I barely know about brands too, I can dress nicely but I'm not versed in all of the new expensive shit people expect out of you, and when they start talking about very specific types of nikes or jordans Im just lost.

The gamers at my schools were pretty much the lowest of the low on the food chain and I couldn't even talk to them, they'd literally tell me to go away when I tried talking to them once.
I barely know about brands too, I can dress nicely but I'm not versed in all of the new expensive shit people expect out of you, and when they start talking about very specific types of nikes or jordans Im just lost.
The only branded clothing I own is a pair of converse.

Also, I have a chad friend who does modelling. He said it's completely useless. And everything he got was free from all the shoots.

I relate to this. Parents not even poor.