Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Being a shut-in fucks you up so much that others can't even comprehend it.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
It's hard to explain if you didn't experience it yourself. I was basically a shut-in since I was a child. Sure I went to school and uni, but other than that I spent 100% of my free time in my room. Hell, I'd even rush from school or skip uni just to rot at home.

So many years of being a shut-in, my brain is severely affected, especially since this happened during my formative years, my youth.

Now doing anything that's out of my routine is so, so stressful. I'm agoraphobic too but I don't even have to leave the house to be stressed. Anything that isn't just lying in bed with my laptop next to me is stressful. If I have to do anything other that I'm incredibly stressed. Simple stuff that others wouldn't blink an eye at is so stressful for me.

Shit, just a few months left and I'll be ripped away from this comfy rotting. I'm going to have major anxiety for a few months if not years till I get used to it.

didn't go outside for 6 months in 2018

The fact that it's used as torture in prisons and that normies couldn't take lockdown should tell you how brutal it is. We're just used to it so the contrast doesn't hit us like it does with normies and foids.

didn't go outside for 6 months in 2018
Even people who go outside can be in our situation. Like when I was in school/uni, I went to school from time to time, but I minimized the amount of time there, rushed home to rot just laying in bed with my laptop. Since I was a kid, the same routine day after day.

But yeah I had long stints too. Like after I dropped out there was like 8 months I didn't go out, or 6 idk. Right now I haven't left since March, maybe once or twice to the nearby store but other than that I didn't.

another brutal thread about sitting in front of your pc/laptop. i feel you

The fact that it's used as torture in prisons and that normies couldn't take lockdown should tell you how brutal it is. We're just used to it so the contrast doesn't hit us like it does with normies and foids.
The worst part is that I'm free to go. Hell, as a kid my parents would insist I'd go out, and I refused. And now it's worse than ever, my brain is unable to withstand it, I need to rot in my bed otherwise I'm super stressed and anxious. Shit, I wish I wouldn't have to get a job, shit's gonna suck so bad for so many reasons.
another brutal thread about sitting in front of your pc/laptop. i feel you
Yeah it fucks you up more than anything tbh. Imo junkies are living a healthier lifestyle than this.

since the beginning of the whole corona stuff, I only went out to do groceries once a week and an occasional walk in a park near my home
I wish I could go somewhere, but there's nowhere to go and after rotting so much, even a simple walk in the park is exhausting, especially since there are normies everywhere with their happy lives: walking with their friends, something I won't ever be able to experience due to being ugly and non-NT

Yeah it fucks you up more than anything tbh. Imo junkies are living a healthier lifestyle than this.

I seriously think, that I have become dumber and dumber over time. I am also losing any form of motivation.

At least your parents tried to make you leave the house. Mine shut me in by force.

It's hard to explain if you didn't experience it yourself. I was basically a shut-in since I was a child. Sure I went to school and uni, but other than that I spent 100% of my free time in my room. Hell, I'd even rush from school or skip uni just to rot at home.

So many years of being a shut-in, my brain is severely affected, especially since this happened during my formative years, my youth.

Now doing anything that's out of my routine is so, so stressful. I'm agoraphobic too but I don't even have to leave the house to be stressed. Anything that isn't just lying in bed with my laptop next to me is stressful. If I have to do anything other that I'm incredibly stressed. Simple stuff that others wouldn't blink an eye at is so stressful for me.

Shit, just a few months left and I'll be ripped away from this comfy rotting. I'm going to have major anxiety for a few months if not years till I get used to it.
yup.. same . very similar situation here.

I seriously think, that I have become dumber and dumber over time. I am also losing any form of motivation.
Yeah even on this forum I'm looking at you guys and I'm amazed by how lazy and unmotivated I am in comparison. My brain is a lemon.
yup.. same . very similar situation here.
Sorry to hear that bro.
I swear you're a glitched duplicate of me...
Will someone shut down the simulation please? Or just enable cheats.
At least your parents tried to make you leave the house. Mine shut me in by force.
Wow, that sounds awful man, sorry to hear that. I had everything handed to me and yet I ended up more of a loser than people who truly had it hard, like you.

Yeah even on this forum I'm looking at you guys and I'm amazed by how lazy and unmotivated I am in comparison. My brain is a lemon.

Yes, there are a lot of people here who are actually motivated to do something or they have at least something going on for them. Sometimes, I am even afraid of leaving the house. I also cannot motivate myself. I am even unable to play games at this point.

Yes, there are a lot of people here who are actually motivated to do something or they have at least something going on for them. Sometimes, I am even afraid of leaving the house. I also cannot motivate myself. I am even unable to play games at this point.
Actually I think I'm at least starting to turn around on games. I think these days I'm actually going to be able to sit down and play something. Not yet, in a few days. Ironically, soon I'll have to get a job and I won't have any time to do it. But for so many years of having so much free time, I wasn't able to even enjoy games.

I've been in hikkikomori state for 15 years boyo.
I cannot do normal things now.
Let alone have a date, let alone have sex.
My brain cannot cope with normal regular daily life.

If I have to do anything other that I'm incredibly stressed. Simple stuff that others wouldn't blink an eye at is so stressful for me.
Yea same it gets sometimes so bad that im afraid of answering a phone, let alone go outside to buy food or something for example.

Actually I think I'm at least starting to turn around on games. I think these days I'm actually going to be able to sit down and play something.

Like WoW? Because I cannot get myself to play WoW again for some reason, despite the fact I spend a lot of good time with it. People complain because of Warlords of Draenor, yet I actually had a good time just by skinning some dinos.

Like WoW? Because I cannot get myself to play WoW again for some reason, despite the fact I spend a lot of good time with it. People complain because of Warlords of Draenor, yet I actually had a good time just by skinning some dinos.
No, not WoW. I actually paid for a sub a month ago and I literally played a few hours and deleted the game. Reinstalled it again 2 weeks later and then the same thing, a few hours later and I deleted it. Fuck, the same scenario repeated itself several times. I'm from a poor country but I bought BfA with real money, fuck my life. I played 3 days of BfA and I quit right away when it was released.

Idk what it is, something clicked in my brain and MMOs are just unplayable for me.

I'll try to FORCE myself to play a game and finish it. One of these days, idk if it won't be fun I just want to not uninstall things after 5 minutes, I want to finish 1 game at least.
Yea same it gets sometimes so bad that im afraid of answering a phone, let alone go outside to buy food or something for example.
Ohh shit, even as a kid I got super anxious and stressed when answering a phone. I remember a classmate in 3rd grade asking me why I didn't pick up the phone when he called me. I was avoidant of people even back then lol. Though that guy was a smart ass bully so fuck him anyway. But I reacted this way many times before. In uni a guy called me too and I ghosted him and didn't pick up lmao. Idk what is wrong with me.
I've been in hikkikomori state for 15 years boyo.
I cannot do normal things now.
Let alone have a date, let alone have sex.
My brain cannot cope with normal regular daily life.
Past tense though. Can you tell me how you coped with not being a hikki anymore? It's going to happen me in ~6 months and I dread it with every fiber of my being since I'm so agoraphobic, anxious, depressed (and also I dread going outside out of fear of bumping into people that used to know me that I did cringy humiliating shit around or people who might have heard of that).

Last edited:
No, not WoW. I actually paid for a sub a month ago and I literally played a few hours and deleted the game. Reinstalled it again 2 weeks later and then the same thing, a few hours later and I deleted it. Fuck, the same scenario repeated itself several times.

A vicious circle. I really know from where you are coming from. Although I still enjoyed some period of the time.

I'm from a poor country but I bought BfA with real money, fuck my life. I played 3 days of BfA and I quit right away when it was released.

This is fucking brutal, since WoW is quite expensive as well. The game itself 60 bucks and then you have to pay monthly or you jsut farm gold all day long in order to play.

I'll try to FORCE myself to play a game and finish it. One of these days, idk if it won't be fun I just want to not uninstall things after 5 minutes, I want to finish 1 game at least.

I really wish I was a child again.

Can relate, I think psychologist should research that, I don't think this is laziness, its more than just being lazy, I want to do creative things and I even put effort to that, but still I can't.
I even have put an effort to write this, I don't understand how can you write wall of texts with that rotting.

Well said, it is torture. if it wasn't for my family dragging me out of my room, who knows how insane I'd be.

You aren't deluding yourself. I can say for sure that I've have grown dumber the last two years. And I was merely semi rotting most of the time, with periods of not leaving the house for a month.

I can relate. Leaving the house is mental anguish

Facts

Been trying and failing to clean and organize my room for over a year. Something that usually takes a weekend at worst or a 3 to 4 hours if gym maxxed and motivated.

Even people who go outside can be in our situation. Like when I was in school/uni, I went to school from time to time, but I minimized the amount of time there, rushed home to rot just laying in bed with my laptop. Since I was a kid, the same routine day after day.

But yeah I had long stints too. Like after I dropped out there was like 8 months I didn't go out, or 6 idk. Right now I haven't left since March, maybe once or twice to the nearby store but other than that I didn't.

Idk how u do it brocel, how do you manage to go to uni after rotting for so long amd consistently? Serious question. I get massive anxiety going to the store by myself, can't imagine sitting in a classroom full of normie bullies all day

Idk how u do it brocel, how do you manage to go to uni after rotting for so long amd consistently? Serious question. I get massive anxiety going to the store by myself, can't imagine sitting in a classroom full of normie bullies all day
Getting a job will be the real torture. I don't know I'll endure spending 8 hours a day + commute at a job that pays fucking peanuts (shit country shit wages). I honestly don't know how I'll take it, I'll go insane. It will be literal, actual torture for me.

I relate to you a lot boyo. I've also thought about living in a forrest or some shit. More realistically moving to another state and live as a homeless person. I cannot bare to be around normies for 8 hours a day. Dead srs.

Same, as a kid I never played outside with other kids like my brothers did. At 15 I dropped out school and since then I leave house once in 3 months for neetbuxx and sometimes to the store.I like being outside on fresh cool air but I just can't be around peoples, it's much easer rotting on couch, cooking and playing videogames.

Same, as a kid I never played outside with other kids like my brothers did. At 15 I dropped out school and since then I leave house once in 3 months for neetbuxx and sometimes to the store.I like being outside on fresh cool air but I just can't be around peoples, it's much easer rotting on couch, cooking and playing videogames.

Same shit here. Neetbux appointment once every few months then i like to rot in bed and eat and use the internet. Vidya games too

At 15? Why?

At 15? Why?
There was a group of kids that verbally abused me for years, they didn't dare to fight with me because I hit puberty earlier but once they did they outgrown me hard and I stayed the same. I just couldn't stand to be mogged in everything by everyone so I stopped going to school until they expelled me. I was a coward and they won.

Same for me really, even more so from around 2003. I'm sick and tired of living this way, my job becoming even worse has made me just feel like giving up life totally lately.

Oh my god OP you are literally me. My entire childhood was at home and I am SUPER high inhib in public. I try my damnest to fraud NT but I literally just can't. My personality and brain is developed to survive indoors and I can't ever change that, only fraud being normal.