Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel “Be happy with what you’ve got”

TheGrayWolf

TheGrayWolf

1/10 | 5'4 | I am Tired and I am weak
★★★★★
Alternative prefix: Hypocrisy

So, it’s a complicated story. And hard to explain/put into words.

My mom said something about how she got her money back on something she bought in store, and she got a voucher in addition to her money back (don’t know why/how but it’s true, I think it was bc of some product re-call). But legally she could have asked for a larger voucher. But now it’s too late. Anyways… So my sister knows I want a gf, but can’t get one.

So, hearing this from my mom, my sister - to nobody, but definitely not directly to my mom, says - “you have to be happy with what you’ve got in life” (it was clearly a jab towards me, implying but not saying that I should “be happy that you have food on the table, you can walk, and you got a roof over your head”…). How do I know this was toward me? Bc last week, she said you don’t need a gf to be happy.

As comparison, she’d never be happy with a grade that’s just a “pass” (she’s at uni). Yet, she expects me to be happy with what I’ve got (no girlfriend, but I have food on the table etc). She’d not be happy with just any boyfriend, or any apartment she lives in bc of her uni… soooo hypocritical, I’m fuming.

Such freaking hypocrite. She’s 22 and has 4 Chad boyfriends already, she had love and good looking boyfriends. Yet tells me, I should basically not want more and be happy. She literally says “you should always be happy with what you’ve got, bc otherwise you’ll always want more and more.” Jesus, I can’t. And she literally thinks she’s smart.

SO. UN–FAIR.

I told her this, and she said I’m crazy and she won’t listen to me anymore. The audacity is ludicrous!

Last edited:
It's ironic coming from them, since they're never grateful for what they have and make up their own problems.

We should extend that logic to pretty much every single person and being on Earth with every kind of problem they could possibly have. Have cancer? At least you have a girlfriend and have all your basic needs, GTFO. Recently had your house burn down with all your belongings in it? You have a car and earn $90K a year, some people would die for that. And those are actually some major problems, foids will literally complain and bitch over the smallest of "issues" and equate it to literal oppression while, like your sister, telling you that having an entire part of most people's lives taken away from you because you're ugly actually isn't that big of a deal. Not even mentioning all the other aspects of lookism and heightism. :lul:

It's ironic coming from them, since they're never grateful for what they have and make up their own problems.
Exactly, I tried reasoning with her, saying why you should not strive for better or the best. She says that’s not what she’s saying but she’s saying exactly that - be happy with what you’ve got! I also said I know you’re trying to manipulate me.

But I can’t even reason with her - she just shouts at me, taps her finger on her forehead shouting “you’re crazy”. This was literally 1 hour ago.

if i had a sister and she tells me this i will parbably rape her, cut her vagina and feed it to her then cut my throat open

"Be happy with what you have" is of course just an empty platitude. If everyone should be happy with what they have at each and every juncture, then you should be happy if someone cuts your left arm off because you still have your right one.

On another note, why do even confide in your family anymore?

We should extend that logic to pretty much every single person and being on Earth with every kind of problem they could possibly have. Have cancer? At least you have a girlfriend and have all your basic needs, GTFO. Recently had your house burn down with all your belongings in it? You have a car and earn $90K a year, some people would die for that. And those are actually some major problems, foids will literally complain and bitch over the smallest of "issues" and equate it to literal oppression while, like your sister, telling you that having an entire part of most people's lives taken away from you because you're ugly actually isn't that big of a deal. Not even mentioning all the other aspects of lookism and heightism. :lul:
So, so well explained. I wish my sister would randomly look this up and see your answer on a site like Instagram.

Well she’s indirectly telling me to “forget the idea of a gf, bc you have a roof over your head and we’re not poor.” That’s what she’s trying to make me believe…

But I can’t even reason with her. I also said I know exactly what you’re doing here, you want me to be happy that I don’t have a gf.
Know why I know this? Bc she already said it once, like a year ago. Also, why didn’t she talk directly to my mom today and say “be happy that you got a voucher.” She has to say “be happy with what you’ve got in life.” And it sounded forced too.

she just shouts at me, taps her finger on her forehead shouting “you’re crazy”. This was literally 1 hour ago.

"Be happy with what you have" is of course just an empty platitude. If everyone should be happy with what they have at each and every juncture, then you should be happy if someone cuts your left arm off because you still have your right one.
That is very true!

I didn’t confide in them today. They know I really want a gf, bc I don’t want them to think “oh he’s happy”. At least I want them to worry a bit, but they don’t even care lmao.

Anyway, today, my sister said that as a jab towards me. Bc we literally discussed it yesterday, my mom and sister asked me why im such an unhappy person, and I told them “you know” (they know I want but can’t have a gf).

So today, 1 hour ago at dinner, my sister thinks she’s doing something good and making me feel better (LMFAO!) and says “be happy with what you’ve got.” I ask: “always?” , she’s like “yes, pretty much.”

Yet, she’s one of the last persons who would be happy with any given, first-best thing she gets!!:feelsclown::lasereyes::rolleyes:

I didn’t confide in them today. They know I really want a gf, bc I don’t want them to think “oh he’s happy”. At least I want them to worry a bit, but they don’t even care lmao.

Anyway, today, my sister said that as a jab towards me. Bc we literally discussed it yesterday, my mom and sister asked me why im such an unhappy person, and I told them “you know” (they know I want but can’t have a gf).

So today, 1 hour ago at dinner, my sister thinks she’s doing something good and making me feel better (LMFAO!) and says “be happy with what you’ve got.” I ask: “always?” , she’s like “yes, pretty much.”

Yet, she’s one of the last persons who would be happy with any given, first-best thing she gets!!:feelsclown::lasereyes::rolleyes:
In that case you unfortunately just gotta put up with it I guess. Maybe they'll stop trying to get at you if you respond deadpan awhile?

In that case you unfortunately just gotta put up with it I guess. Maybe they'll stop trying to get at you if you respond deadpan awhile?
Yes good point. I guess I took the bait today. I should have just pretended like I didn’t listen and get up, dinner was over anyway and my mum just took a call.
Anyway, thanks for the tips man.

Knowing your life story it should be a literal crime for her to tell you this. What an evil bitch.

My mom said something about how she got her money back on something she bought in store, and she got a voucher in addition to her money back (don’t know why/how but it’s true, I think it was bc of some product re-call). But legally she could have asked for a larger voucher. But now it’s too late. Anyways… So my sister knows I want a gf, but can’t get one.

So, hearing this from my mom, my sister - to nobody, but definitely not directly to my mom, says - “you have to be happy with what you’ve got in life” (it was clearly a jab towards me, implying but not saying that I should “be happy that you have food on the table, you can walk, and you got a roof over your head”…). How do I know this was toward me? Bc last week, she said you don’t need a gf to be happy.

As comparison, she’d never be happy with a grade that’s just a “pass” (she’s at uni). Yet, she expects me to be happy with what I’ve got (no girlfriend, but I have food on the table etc). She’d not be happy with just any boyfriend, or any apartment she lives in bc of her uni… soooo hypocritical, I’m fuming.

Such freaking hypocrite. She’s 22 and has 4 Chad boyfriends already, she had love and good looking boyfriends. Yet tells me, I should basically not want more and be happy. She literally says “you should always be happy with what you’ve got, bc otherwise you’ll always want more and more.” Jesus, I can’t. And she literally thinks she’s smart.

SO. UN–FAIR.

I told her this, and she said I’m crazy and she won’t listen to me anymore. The audacity is ludicrous

You need to put her in place and tell her how privileged she is.

Knowing your life story it should be a literal crime for her to tell you this. What an evil bitch.
Exactly. So basically what she’s doing/saying- “everyone should be happy with what they’ve got, but depending on the situation, not always.”

So basically how she thinks: people who are good looking enough to get a romantic partner, shouldn’t be content if they don’t have one. Middle class Ugly people however, should be happy they can eat 3x a day and have a warm bed to sleep in.

It’s a very unfair approach/argument. How far do you take it? A homeless person should be happy that he got 1 banana? He can’t want more? He can’t want a whole pizza or a burger with fries?

It’s just…. The AUDACITY is staggering

You need to put her in place and tell her how privileged she is.
I did. I told her, she wouldn’t be happy (with what she’s got) if she couldn’t get a bf. I could have named so many more examples, but the human brain is sometimes extremely close minded. “Rules for thee but not for me.” (And she doesn’t even realise that”.

She just gets up, shouts at me I’m crazy, taps her finger to her forehead and tells me I should stop talking bc she’s not listening.

Exactly. So basically what she’s doing/saying- “everyone should be happy with what they’ve got, but depending on the situation, not always.”

So basically how she thinks: people who are good looking enough to get a romantic partner, shouldn’t be content if they don’t have one. Middle class Ugly people however, should be happy they can eat 3x a day and have a warm bed to sleep in.

It’s a very unfair approach/argument. How far do you take it? A homeless person should be happy that he got 1 banana? He can’t want more? He can’t want a whole pizza or a burger with fries?

It’s just…. The AUDACITY is staggering
Tell her about all the times you've been insulted and mocked. Make that bitch feel bad.

I did. I told her, she wouldn’t be happy (with what she’s got) if she couldn’t get a bf. I could have named so many more examples, but the human brain is sometimes extremely close minded. “Rules for thee but not for me.” (And she doesn’t even realise that”.

She just gets up, shouts at me I’m crazy, taps her finger to her forehead and tells me I should stop talking bc she’s not listening.
Tell her about all the times you've been insulted and mocked.

woman who say you should be happy with what you got "

are the biggest hypocrits really .

They always or most of the times want more , and never can have enough

woman who say you should be happy with what you got "

are the biggest hypocrits really .

They always or most of the times want more , and never can have enough
:yes::yes::yes:

I found a good quote about this:

"While many people will tell you just to “be happy with what you've got,” striving to grow (like wanting a girlfriend) and contribute is actually an incredibly healthy thing."

"Some would say—don’t strive for what cannot be achieved. But how do you know what can be achieved without trying?​

Nor is it correct to say—Be happy with what you’ve got."​

So my sister knows I want a gf, but can’t get one
Same situation here, though my sister is a femcel herself, so any criticism that comes from her is null and void

You'll own nothing.And be happy.

kill them

My reaction after reading your post:

It's just empty platitude masquerading as 'wisdom' and probably told in a patronizing tone.

SO. UN–FAIR.

I told her this, and she said I’m crazy and she won’t listen to me anymore. The audacity is ludicrous!
What the fuck kind of inferior mentality is that, what's wrong with wanting more.

Such freaking hypocrite. She’s 22 and has 4 Chad boyfriends already, she had love and good looking boyfriends. Yet tells me, I should basically not want more and be happy. She literally says “you should always be happy with what you’ve got, bc otherwise you’ll always want more and more.”
Fucking brutal man, how do you cope everyday?

Title is putrid suicidefuel my parents say it all the time

Fucking brutal man, how do you cope everyday?
Not well. My life sucks. I study from home. I’m 26, short and look very strange and get bad reactions from strangers (like them laughing about me). My mom has implied several times how I’ll be forever alone and she told me I should be happy bc I “have food on the table and a roof over your head”. I live in one of the wealthiest countries. Yet even in poorer Eastern Europe most people have food and a roof. Just another truck statement. I could take apart this shit statement and their other sayings 1000x over

Not well. My life sucks. I study from home. I’m 26, short and look very strange and get bad reactions from strangers (like them laughing about me). My mom has implied several times how I’ll be forever alone and she told me I should be happy bc I “have food on the table and a roof over your head”. I live in one of the wealthiest countries. Yet even in poorer Eastern Europe most people have food and a roof. Just another truck statement. I could take apart this shit statement and their other sayings 1000x over
I live in EE and what you say applies here as well. As a kid i always wanted a sister, but when i becomed blackpilled and now reading your post, i completely changed my mind

Title is putrid suicidefuel my parents say it all the time
Yup my mom says so many other cope things too.

My dad isn’t living here anymore but he obviously also always knew it’s over/never began for me.

My mom is like “relationships suck”, and “it’s better to have [IRL] friends than a relationship, in my opinion” (I’m 26 and haven’t had a single IRL friend eversince I was 12). She tries to manipulate me, she means well probably because she knows I can never get a gf. But it’s also insulting my intelligence.

She’s also like “you’ll only have problems in relationships”. Fuck that

All she worries about is that I’ll never get and hold a decent job (I’m 26, study online, have no degree yet). What she doesn’t realize: I will NEET bc I won’t get a gf anyway! I’ll show her!

That’s another thing- I can’t even prove anyone wrong. Everyone who has seen me knows ur never began. That’s brutally devastating, knowing I can’t prove them wrong

Most people would do just about anything to keep their girlfriend.
Hell, many a man has gone to prison trying to keep their girlfriend.
Men have gone to war over women.

Then they say that we should be happy being alone.
Ok….then I’d like to see these normies walk off into the forest and live alone forever.
I bet every one of them comes back to society by the end of the week.