Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Average is a range, not a point (Sometimes 6'3 really is average height)

Man

Man

Ukraine is mine.
If you are within 2 inches of the Average height you are average height. (1 standard deviation is roughly 2 inches)
So if the average height is 5'10 and you are between 5'8 and 6' you are average height, you are the middle 68% of people.

Seeing average as a point is silly. Technically nobody is average if average is defined as a point.
"Anything above 5'10 is tall, anything shorter than 5'10 is short, and 5'10 exactly, is average."

Dinaric Alps185.6 cm (6 ft 1 in)171.8 cm (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)Measured
The Dinaric Alps (/dɪˈnærɪk/),[1] also Dinarides, are a mountain range in Southern and Southcentral Europe, separating the continental Balkan Peninsula from the Adriatic Sea. They stretch from Italy in the northwest through Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, and Kosovo[a] to Albania in the southeast.[2][3]

In the Dinaric alps, 6'1 is the average height (The Netherlands is 6'0 self reported :feelsclown:)
6'1 + 2" = 6'3. This makes 6'3 within the average Range of height, and is therefore 'Average' height.

If you are within 2 inches of the Average height you are average height. (1 standard deviation is roughly 2 inches)
So if the average height is 5'10 and you are between 5'8 and 6' you are average height, you are the middle 68% of people.

Seeing average as a point is silly. Technically nobody is average if average is defined as a point.
"Anything above 5'10 is tall, anything shorter than 5'10 is short, and 5'10 exactly, is average."

Dinaric Alps185.6 cm (6 ft 1 in)171.8 cm (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)Measured
The Dinaric Alps (/dɪˈnærɪk/),[1] also Dinarides, are a mountain range in Southern and Southcentral Europe, separating the continental Balkan Peninsula from the Adriatic Sea. They stretch from Italy in the northwest through Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, and Kosovo[a] to Albania in the southeast.[2][3]

In the Dinaric alps, 6'1 is the average height (The Netherlands is 6'0 self reported :feelsclown:)
6'1 + 2" = 6'3. This makes 6'3 within the average Range of height, and is therefore 'Average' height.

holy shit 6´3 goddamnit, if i was born in the netherlands i wouldn´t even leave my bedroom because of how brutally i would get mogged (Dutch NEETbuxx is the highest one btw)

6'0 is manlet height bro.

In the dating pool and out at places like bars or at university.. aka healthy, young white males.. 6'2- 6'3 seems average in a lot of places.

In the dating pool and out at places like bars or at university.. aka healthy, young white males.. 6'2- 6'3 seems average in a lot of places.
Yeah, it's the positive reinforcement of being tall and being rewarded when going out.

From here, 2 inches above the average would be above average and around the 75.2 percentile.
So, 6'3 would still be above height even there, just like 5'11 is above average compared to 5'9 average

From here, 2 inches above the average would be above average and around the 75.2 percentile.
So, 6'3 would still be above height even there, just like 5'11 is above average compared to 5'9 average
The 75.2 percentile falls within the middle 68%
34% in either direction from the 50th percentile is in the range of Average.

You can disagree with the range of average, but typically within 1 standard deviation of the mean is the default 'Average' in normal distributions.

The 75.2 percentile falls within the middle 68%
34% in either direction from the 50th percentile is in the range of Average.

You can disagree with the range of average, but typically within 1 standard deviation of the mean is the default 'Average' in normal distributions.
Alright; so, it seems like a standard deviation, at least for the average American height is 2.66 inches or almost around from what I google.