Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Attack on Titan's ending was terrible

Deep.Nest

Deep.Nest

El Violador
★★
It's one of my favorite shows, yet I was throughly disappointed and underwhelmed by the ending.

Why was Mikasa the chosen one, "only Ymir knows that" What a fucking stupid way to end your story.

Eren saying he did the rumbling cause he's "an idiot" and "wanted to see that site" completely assassinated his character.

Why did killing Zeke stop the rumbling if Eren had already convinced Ymir to partake in it. The rumbling was also Ymir's will so Zeke's death should've made no difference. It was established Ymir wouldn't have listened to Eren if he never talked to her and convinced her to join him. Zeke was kinda irrelevant from that point on.

If Zeke being dead really did stop Eren from using the founding titan's powers, how did he turn into a colossal titan despite Zeke being dead? The only way he could've become a colossal titan is if he either possessed the colossal titan itself or used the founder's power, neither of which he supposedly had at the time

How did Eren kill 80% of humanity? he only made it to Fort Salta, which is located in Marley before he died. You're telling me he himself only made it to a part of Marley but his colossal titans made it far enough around the world to kill 80% of all humanity?

How did Mikasa make it back to Paradis quick enough before Eren's decapitated skull started to deteriorate?

Why would the main characters who stopped Eren (a bunch of traitors to Paradis considering they killed hundreds of troops doing their jobs) be chosen to do "peace talks". Sure the audience enjoyed the Battle of Heaven and Earth, but the people of Paradis would've been pissed because now they aren't guaranteed to be safe. In the credits it literally shows Paradis being bombed, clearly what they did didn't help their homeland.

Also the whole "love" aspect to the finale was stupid. Eren showed barely any interest in Mikasa yet he acts like a beta cuck in his final scene. I think a better ending would be if he fell in love with Historia and had a child with her instead of the random farmer nobody. This way he could say his motivation for the rumbling would be to ensure his child's safety and well being since a genocide against the rest of the world would protect them from war. But no, apparently he's just an idiot and a psychopath who wanted to see a certain site. It also would've fit narratively as he would be the first one in his family to NOT raise his child with propaganda and as a vessel for his own goals.

What a bullshit ending to an otherwise fantastic story.

Last edited:
It sucked in the manga and the anime was no different

Images

Stupid as shit

Last edited:
Jesus, can any anime end half-decently?

Jesus, can any anime end half-decently?
I haven't seen many anime but most of the few I've seen all have had underwhelming terrible endings. Death Note, Erased, and AOT were some of the first ones I've watched and they all had endings that were awful despite me loving watching the show till that point

Correction: I said "Fort Slava" instead of "Fort Salta" which is where the Battle of Heaven and Earth takes place

It was like author wanted to wrap up the story as quick as possible but without really thinking if it would be cool and make sense. Eren now is a stupid siscon brat while Mikasa is the main character.

There is a reason why the main subreddit banned comments when the manga first ended.

They didnt answer any of the plotholes or any character assasinations and straight up claimed "people were hating on ending because their ships didnt happen".

Totally fitting to an audience who only watches stuffs to pass time, without actually caring about the story at all

It was like author wanted to wrap up the story as quick as possible but without really thinking if it would be cool and make sense. Eren now is a stupid siscon brat while Mikasa is the main character.
Yep. 10+ years of build up to a subpar dogshit ending

There is a reason why the main subreddit banned comments when the manga first ended.

They didnt answer any of the plotholes or any character assasinations and straight up claimed "people were hating on ending because their ships didnt happen".

Totally fitting to an audience who only watches stuffs to pass time, without actually caring about the story at all
The sad thing is it was so well written before hand. It felt like very little care was put into ending the series

Yeah I was really looking forward for an anime original ending

I watched until the last episode of season 2 i think. kinda got boring

The sad thing is it was so well written before hand. It felt like very little care was put into ending the series
Fr, all that was needed was removing time travel stuff and making Eren 100% commit to genocide.

Then I wouldnt even mind him killing kimself due to guilt, but rn stopping at 80% and killing himself just resulted in Paradise's inevitable demise in 50 years.

Like if he was okay with Paradise dying, he might as well went with Zeke's plans, at least rest of the world wouldnt die for nothing.

Him loving Mikasa is so asspul as well. Dude is near omnipotent, could fuck her any moment in his life

Fr, all that was needed was removing time travel stuff and making Eren 100% commit to genocide.

Then I wouldnt even mind him killing kimself due to guilt, but rn stopping at 80% and killing himself just resulted in Paradise's inevitable demise in 50 years.

Like if he was okay with Paradise dying, he might as well went with Zeke's plans, at least rest of the world wouldnt die for nothing.

Him loving Mikasa is so asspul as well. Dude is near omnipotent, could fuck her any moment in his life
I didn't mind the time travel when Eren saw his future memories from touching Historia or when he retroactively influenced his dad to kill the royal family, but I would've removed the parts about the founding titan knowing all of the future and past as well as the ability to go back in time and influence events.

But nonetheless, time travel was definitely not necessary for this story to work

Last edited:
it was kino. we got the 10 years at least line from it.

It was as perfect as a ending can be for a show like AOT

I dont know I dont give a shit

Jfl I remember being on yeagerbomb and titanfolk when the manga ending came out. Was an absolute shit show. I remember people thinking the leaks were a troll

Jfl I remember being on yeagerbomb and titanfolk when the manga ending came out. Was an absolute shit show. I remember people thinking the leaks were a troll
I remember that too. Everyone was hoping for an anime original ending

Never seen it

here's also one which doesn't make sense, if mikasa is a simp for eren, why did she side with the alliance and not the yeagerists? seems out of character for her to do that, you could argue "t-t-that's for character developement" but it is crystal clear she is still obsessed with that prick to the point of cucking jean by bringing him and his family to eren's grave (pretty brutal stuff bro, spare him from this cuckoldry and have him end up with pieck at this point bro :feelsUgh: )

i also think when they were doing the deed she was thinking of eren :lul:

also, this may seem a cope but I saw a video where it's possible that the series didn't end and we will get a different ending that is better than this slop through that time manipulation bs

it is even believed that isayama purposefully made this shit ending cause something about him being a fan of a VN that is very similar to AOT (which also had a terrible ending and it was added time manipulation thing to fix the ending) and he was very dissapointed with how that series turned out to the point that he wanted to make us experience his feelings through AOT (so basically he wanted to troll us :lul:)

here's the video in question:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OuSqedr6UU&t=497s

here's also one which doesn't make sense, if mikasa is a simp for eren, why did she side with the alliance and not the yeagerists? seems out of character for her to do that, you could argue "t-t-that's for character developement" but it is crystal clear she is still obsessed with that prick to the point of cucking jean by bringing him and his family to eren's grave (pretty brutal stuff bro, spare him from this cuckoldry and have him end up with pieck at this point bro :feelsUgh: )

i also think when they were doing the deed she was thinking of eren :lul:
That's true. It was very in character for someone like Armin to oppose Eren, but everything we've seen of Mikasa is basically just sucking Eren off. There's no way she would oppose him.

That's true. It was very in character for someone like Armin to oppose Eren, but everything we've seen of Mikasa is basically just sucking Eren off. There's no way she would oppose him.
what are your personal thoughts about aot not being over? cope or not?

what are your personal thoughts about aot not being over? cope or not?
It would be awesome if it happened but considering it's been over 3 years since the manga ended and the anime promoted the last episodes and season as "the final" season and chapters, I don't think it's likely. I'll check out that video tho

remember when in the first episode mikasa punched eren for acting like a bitch in that bread scene? how did she go from that to being his sex-slave bro? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE ISAYAMA!

It would be awesome if it happened but considering it's been over 3 years since the manga ended and the anime promoted the last episodes and season as "the final" season and chapters, I don't think it's likely. I'll check out that video tho
true, but the video i have listed does bring few good points for this possibility to happen

remember when in the first episode mikasa punched eren for acting like a bitch in that bread scene? how did she go from that to being his sex-slave bro? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE ISAYAMA!
Damn plotholes

Overrated slop

It's one of my favorite shows, yet I was throughly disappointed and underwhelmed by the ending.

Why was Mikasa the chosen one, "only Ymir knows that" What a fucking stupid way to end your story.

Eren saying he did the rumbling cause he's "an idiot" and "wanted to see that site" completely assassinated his character.

Why did killing Zeke stop the rumbling if Eren had already convinced Ymir to partake in it. The rumbling was also Ymir's will so Zeke's death should've made no difference. It was established Ymir wouldn't have listened to Eren if he never talked to her and convinced her to join him. Zeke was kinda irrelevant from that point on.

If Zeke being dead really did stop Eren from using the founding titan's powers, how did he turn into a colossal titan despite Zeke being dead? The only way he could've become a colossal titan is if he either possessed the colossal titan itself or used the founder's power, neither of which he supposedly had at the time

How did Eren kill 80% of humanity? he only made it to Fort Salta, which is located in Marley before he died. You're telling me he himself only made it to a part of Marley but his colossal titans made it far enough around the world to kill 80% of all humanity?

How did Mikasa make it back to Paradis quick enough before Eren's decapitated skull started to deteriorate?

Why would the main characters who stopped Eren (a bunch of traitors to Paradis considering they killed hundreds of troops doing their jobs) be chosen to do "peace talks". Sure the audience enjoyed the Battle of Heaven and Earth, but the people of Paradis would've been pissed because now they aren't guaranteed to be safe. In the credits it literally shows Paradis being bombed, clearly what they did didn't help their homeland.

Also the whole "love" aspect to the finale was stupid. Eren showed barely any interest in Mikasa yet he acts like a beta cuck in his final scene. I think a better ending would be if he fell in love with Historia and had a child with her instead of the random farmer nobody. This way he could say his motivation for the rumbling would be to ensure his child's safety and well being since a genocide against the rest of the world would protect them from war. But no, apparently he's just an idiot and a psychopath who wanted to see a certain site. It also would've fit narratively as he would be the first one in his family to NOT raise his child with propaganda and as a vessel for his own goals.

AOT should have ended with Eren wiping out the outside world, leaving only the citizens of Paradis alive. He should have killed everyone to show that actions have consequences and it would also double for a cathartic finish to an otherwise very good story, while maintaining the double meaning of the situation. One one hand your average person will feel happy that Eren finally gets his revenge, on the other genocide of the human race outside the walls isn’t something to cheer on so they’d also feel guilt. But instead that hack decided to go for the faggy Eren cucked by Mikasa scenario and then the circle repeating itself.

What could have been a powerful commentary on the war and human nature was shitted on for the sake of a milquetoast ending that nobody seems to like. Like not even Redditcucks liked it and they are fanboys obviously.

I saw the last episode a month ago, having watched the whole show twice. I haven't read the Manga.

I'm still trying to get my head round it.

1. 'Founder Ymir' stuck Eren's Head and body together with the Gaia Titan Spine
  2. The Heroes (Eren's friends) were allowed to fight him because Eren chose not to turn off their Titan powers
  3. The previous Titans fought the Heroes because they were protecting the Gaia Titan Spine
  4. Armin tells Zeke to snap out of it during their time in The Paths (Eren taught Armin how to do that)
  5. Some previous Titans then rebel against Gaia Titan Spine
  6. Zeke then sacrifices himself to Captain Levi (This stops the Rumbling, I haven't got my head around that part)
  7. Heroes detatch Gaia Titan Spine
  8. Gaia Titan Spine flops about, turning the Heroes Parents into Titans with Spinal fluid gas
  9. Eren somehow reassembles (I haven't got my head around that part)
  10. Armin goes Colossal Titan to give Mikasa a chance to kill Eren
  11. Mikasa kills Eren (This stops all Titans)

Last edited:
You should read the muv luv VNs (the inspiration of AOT) they are all infinitely better than any post-basement arc.

Oh my gosh

I think I finally get it

It's everyone vs Gaia Titan Spine

AOT should have ended with Eren wiping out the outside world, leaving only the citizens of Paradis alive. He should have killed everyone to show that actions have consequences and it would also double for a cathartic finish to an otherwise very good story, while maintaining the double meaning of the situation. One one hand your average person will feel happy that Eren finally gets his revenge, on the other genocide of the human race outside the walls isn’t something to cheer on so they’d also feel guilt. But instead that hack decided to go for the faggy Eren cucked by Mikasa scenario and then the circle repeating itself.

What could have been a powerful commentary on the war and human nature was shitted on for the sake of a milquetoast ending that nobody seems to like. Like not even Redditcucks liked it and they are fanboys obviously.
It was pretty much a Disney ending

It felt like a western story by the end where the foid is always forgiven for the terrible shits she has done. Ymir was worse than King Fritz and a coward. People died and suffered for generations because she had a thing for getting pimped. At least Fritz only used Titans to conquer lands. Same thing happened with Annie if you remember. They retconned Annie's character pretty hard in the later seasons, her crying and shaking at Marco's death even though she was sadistically killing survey corps members later in the plot.

It felt like a western story by the end where the foid is always forgiven for the terrible shits she has done. Ymir was worse than King Fritz and a coward. People died and suffered for generations because she had a thing for getting pimped. At least Fritz only used Titans to conquer lands. Same thing happened with Annie if you remember. They retconned Annie's character pretty hard in the later seasons, her crying and shaking at Marco's death even though she was sadistically killing survey corps members later in the plot.
ikr she can't yo-yo soldiers around but then try and play the victim card and say she never wanted any part of it

ikr she can't yo-yo soldiers around but then try and play the victim card and say she never wanted any part of it
Romanticizing foids. It goes back to Greek literature, or maybe beyond. The older I get the more I see it every fiction, old or new, where foids play pivotal roles.

at first when I read the AOT ending (back before it was animated) I was like, "oh this isn't as bad as people thought. I don't get the hate." But the more i think about it, it was a rather contrived ending to what is otherwise one of my favorite shows of all time.

It reminds me of Death Note, which is probably my second or third favorite anime after AOT and JJBA, which also was amazing, but decided to completely character assassinate the MC within the final few pages. It's like the authors had to nerf the MCs in order to end the story within a few chapters' time

end of AOT and Death Note are the japanese equivalent to this marvel comics panel:

If this scene isn't in Infinity War we should riot. : r/marvelstudios

like i have no context for this but it doesn't seem like something thanos would say, any more than Light Yagami randomly admitting he is kira before he knows he's in the clear or Eren saying "nooooo i want mikasa to love me forever"

As I've put it before, it's code geass from Walmart

Eren is based his whole motivation is freedom and taking freedom away from people trying to take his it's why he started the rumbling because it's better to kill people who are trying take your freedom then trying to talk them

everything went wrong after the rumbling, my cope is that since it got extremely popular isayama was pressured to change the story and make it more normie-friendly

the only way for Eren to end the Titan curse was to get a kiss from Mikasa thus freeing Ymir.

Ymir wanted the love of king fritz(Chad), but she didn't get it.
so an Ackerman(descendent of fritz without her blood had to kiss an Eldian(Eren)).

the show is about the destruction that Chad chasing cunts can bring, and how it can only be stopped if foids give a chance to a nonchad.

Eren is based his whole motivation is freedom and taking freedom away from people trying to take his it's why he started the rumbling because it's better to kill people who are trying take your freedom then trying to talk them
no eren is a simp

>falls in love with heroine
>rejects her
>dies by her hands

Based