Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel AskReddit thread full of psychiatrists, therapists, and mental health "professionals" revealing the truth about their practice.

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
This wave of AskReddit compilations, man. Anyway, there's an AskReddit thread that asks "Psychologists of Reddit, what is something you want to, but never would say to a patient?" Which is like asking "Parents of Reddit, which kid do you love the most?"

The first problem here is, there are things at all that a "psychologist" would hide from you. That they're not being honest. That despite all the trust you put in them and how open a space you believe these sessions are, they really aren't. If you're a patient of one of these people. The second problem is what they're hiding. Half of these therapists are saying "I want to tell my patient what I really think they need to hear, but policy forbids it. So I have to keep telling them other things and not actually make progress with their treatment." And the other half are saying "Ew, my patient is a toxic sociopath, I should understand that they're not well and my job is to fix them, but I don't care. They're gross." And the comments are all for it. They're praising these therapists for their "honesty." As honest as you can be, admitting this to no one but a Reddit thread on the Internet. Because fuck people who need therapy, I guess. They should just be better people on their own.

I don't need therapy. But reading this I can't help but think of some hypothetical patient. He's fucked up. He wants to get better. He spills his heart to his therapist. His deepest neuroses. He's got no one in the world but this therapist and has put all his trust in this therapist. He is literally dependent on this therapist. And then this therapist goes on AskReddit and says "Ooooh, I know I'm supposed to care about my patients, but this one guy is such a psycho!" Yeah! Of course he's a psycho! He's not agreeing with being a psycho, he came to YOU to fix that! And here you are blaming him for his mental illnesses even as he tries to fix them! Like he just chooses to be a broken person. And this is the selfishness as the core of why incels and other broken people don't get help. Because too many people think "They're just assholes who choose to be assholes" and not "They need help. They don't want to be this way, and the only way they're gonna get better is with compassion, understanding, and a real empathy for not wanting to see someone crushed by the weight of their own depression."

It's one thing to hear people here say "Therapy is a meme, they can't help you." But it's another thing to hear actual therapists say "Yes, I can't help you. And also I'd rather tell you to go fuck yourself." Don't get me wrong, I believe people with mental health issues need help. In the same way that people who have cancer or AIDS need help. Maybe the treatments we have today aren't really working. If these are the therapists who are out there. I think things need to get better, and we should start by saying no to these people. We need to not encourage this "Haha, people who need therapy are assholes" way of thinking. We need to say "No, you're a shitty therapist for not wanting to help these people."

Yes, in the clown west. Look at some of the comments pointing out the type of patients. Nowadays therapy is glorified and even normalfags go and use it.

My last shrink was pretty straight forward and didn't bullshit me all that much like other shrinks do, and he was fucking sharp. Reddit and in general western psychologists seem to be a stinking pile of arrogant shit, look at the whole betterhelp debacle. Merely opening up their "therapist" list page would reveal the type of people to do you therapy.

Tired of pseudo intellectuals in the psychological field. Fuck the west.

If you ever want to get a idea of how the mental health 'professionals' it's like getting a foid to talk about her problems with you.

Yep, I know this all too well. I trusted my counselor despite all logic and common sense, and it came back to fuck me hard.

Absolutely cannot stand those faggots that psych for a year and now think they know everything about the human mind.

It all ends the same.