Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

ascend by creating comics (?)

Zaphod2.0

Zaphod2.0

Recruit
★★★★
to become a comic artist you don't need to know how to draw, it's a separate market, all you need is a story. It is a good source of income for a NEET (selling fanzines), it will also give you a bit of social status. You will meet people.
I can't enjoy this, I live in Brazil.

Comic artists do require some talent in order to succeed in excelling pass their peers and distinguishing themselves as unique creators.
in the digital realm there really are too many artists, it is overpriced. That's why you have to opt for a printed and accessible material (fanzines)

to become a comic artist you don't need to know how to draw, it's a separate market, all you need is a story. It is a good source of income for a NEET (selling fanzines), it will also give you a bit of social status. You will meet people.
You will meet comic book nerds. Chasing Amy is not the real world.

I googled Fanzines out of curiosity, i doubt they would support anything we wouldve make.

What is a fanzine? Why should I become a fanzine artist?
A fanzine is an independent comic book, usually produced in a more artisanal way (common printer). It is a very easy product to produce and easy to sell. You can get a table to sell at events or you can sell on the street.
is very much associated with the undergroud, so you can imagine that the main audience is hipsters

In general, it has no subject limits. You soon find your audience when you start selling. That is the magic part.
Its probably limited to few places across the world. Maybe its easier to write an ebook, but thats also fucked for non native english speakers.

Its probably limited to few places across the world. Maybe its easier to write an ebook, but thats also fucked for non native english speakers.
In fact, for those who live in Western Europe it is very common to see zines, they value independent comics. In Japan independent comics are called Dōjinshi. And it is from the Dōjinshi that great Japanese comic artists are revealed. I recommend reading Jiro Taniguchi.