Art studies thread

Weeee

Officer
-
1 point example.jpg
3.jpg

I'm starting this thread to do 2 things for myself and others: 1. To motivate and 2. To keep track of "progress"

Nice work b-row, looks much better than before.
Mind the floor tilethingy's perspective in the hall one though, those are supposed to allign with the wall lines and not be on their own like that or it will look wrong.
Keep it up.

Weeee

Officer
-
I practice 4-5 hours a week and want to draw a comic
I think I draw like 2-3 hours a day now tbh. Used to only do it a few hours a week from September to November.
also 1 more point to mention I draw using my middle finger thumb and index finger, i'm pretty sure that this isn't the way that you're supposed to draw but I legit can't use the normal drawing grip because the tablet is so slippery.

Last edited:
I think I draw like 2-3 hours a day now tbh. Used to only do it a few hours a week from September to November.
also 1 more point to mention I draw using my middle finger thumb and index finger, i'm pretty sure that this isn't the way that you're supposed to draw but I legit can't use the normal drawing grip because the tablet is so slippery.
I've seen other artists using the same grip, maybe a matter of preference

Weeee

Officer
-
3.jpg
i'm lazy af ughhhhhhhhhh well I only practiced for like an hour today cause i'm an idiot.

Those are good man, keep it up!

I especially like that perspective pic... try 2-point perspective next? Now that's a real challenge lol.

two-point-perspective-cubes.jpg

nice_try

It's an injustice
-
oc.jpg

The geometry on the right side of the hallway is not correct, buddy boyo.
Also your eyes are too far up. Eyes are always in the exact middle of the skull.

Weeee

Officer
-
View attachment 73672
Also your eyes are too far up. Eyes are always in the exact middle of the skull.
my eyes are fine idiot
gay.jpg
I do agree the door is a bit fucked tho but it's still in sketch phase.
View attachment 73672
Also your eyes are halfway down your cranium not the "skull" :feelsseriously:
220px-SkullFromTheFront.JPG

Weeee

Officer
-
Thx for calling me idiot when I just wanted to help you.
that wasn't really help through saying shit like "eyes are halfway down the head" is something that you can google in 2 secs. Through I do appreciate the redline on the door anyways sorry i'm just in a shitty mood ;).

nice_try

It's an injustice
-
that wasn't really help through saying shit like "eyes are halfway down the head" is something that you can google in 2 secs. Through I do appreciate the redline on the door anyways sorry i'm just in a shitty mood ;).
Had to try waifu painting too now because of you, how do you like her? :feelsautistic: I fucked up her legs big time, tho.
IMG_20181221_143535.jpg

Last edited:

Weeee

Officer
-
Ehhhh don't know what else to call it maybe I can call it crappy weeb shit?
Had to try waifu painting too now because of you, how do you like her? :feelsautistic: I fucked up her legs big time, tho.
View attachment 73793
Through 1 thing to mention is that it's not very efficient to draw hair like that, think of hair as more like clumps not individual strands.

Weeee

Officer
-
if u dont have natural aptitude for an art/skill just drop it tbh, it's not gonna put out any objective return
I've been doing this for like 2 months and not even consistently either. I've been making improvements and huge changes should happen in 2019. Natural talent only gets you so far.

incelkingkong

you're chad fuck you
-
I've been doing this for like 2 months and not even consistently either. I've been making improvements and huge changes should happen in 2019. Natural talent only gets you so far.
you've only started drawing 2 months ago? not bad then

Watch this guy, he makes a lot of anatomy tutorials that are pretty helpful, i made this by watching them.

I shall redraw this in a more anatomically correct manner in the future, and also make her into a nudist.

Attachments

Weeee

Officer
-
Watch this guy, he makes a lot of anatomy tutorials that are pretty helpful, i made this by watching them.

I shall redraw this in a more anatomically correct manner in the future, and also make her into a nudist.
Yeah I watched some of his tutorials pretty cool dude, right now through i'm doing a whole bunch of skeletons as part of a udemy course.
Also anime figures really are framelets compared to irl people their shoulder width is hardly bigger then the head for the females.

Last edited:
Yeah I watched some of his tutorials pretty cool dude, right now through i'm doing a whole bunch of skeletons as part of a udemy course.
Also anime figures really are framelets compared to irl people their shoulder width is hardly bigger then the head for the females.
I personally don't like the frame neoteny(short limbs, malnourished-african-kid frame), so i try to not incorporate it because i think it's aesthetically unpleasant and silly.

Weeee

Officer
-
Awesome! Keep it up. I wish I had artistic talent.
I believe anyone can draw as long as you put an actual effort in tbh. It's just that some people will reach a cap and not everybody can be amazing (kim jung gi, range murata.etc). But it's possible for everyone to become decent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)