Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are you a classic nerd?

Nordicel94

Nordicel94

Pancake-faced viking-cel
★★★★
People seem to conflate the notion of an incel with the stereotypical nerd: the funkopop collecting, soy-faced, WoW-playing, comic-book collecting, overweight soysoomer. I'm sure there's an overlap somewhere but I think most of those guys are generally bluepilled incels who unknowingly cope by playing 10 hours of Fortnite or whatever in one sitting. I get the feeling that incels generally take care of themselves better and have interests that lean more against the mainstream in terms of media.

So, are you a nerd? Do you have any typical nerdy qualities?

People seem to conflate the notion of an incel with the stereotypical nerd: the funkopop collecting, soy-faced, WoW-playing, comic-book collecting, overweight soysoomer. I'm sure there's an overlap somewhere but I think most of those guys are generally bluepilled incels who unknowingly cope by playing 10 hours of Fortnite or whatever in one sitting. I get the feeling that incels generally take care of themselves better and have interests that lean more against the mainstream in terms of media.

I used to be more nerdy, but I think I only gravitated toward nerdy hobbies due to being ugly and unwanted.

I fit into a weabo even though I'm not.

not rly tbh

I'm the stereotypical elementary school weird kid

I like videogames tbh

Yes I watch Star Wars and play fortnite everyday

I am an empty creature of the abyss

Being “nerd” is mainstream now and foids /normies alike aspire to present themselves having a “nerd” aesthetic. In reality, all of the “nerd” culture has been capitalized on and isn’t truly nerdy (e.g. Star Wars, Marvel, Funkos, etc). You’re absolutely right OP

Nerd is no longer synonymous with loser, if your interests deviate too far from normie mainstream you’re just a fucking loser tbh

being unwanted has pushed me deeper into being nerdy

now Im a big geek loser

Funkopop is for normies
I'm not soy-faced
Never played WoW
I collected comic books in the past, I kinda stopped doing it
I'm overweight

Nah I procrastinate rather than study