Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are women just as competitive as men?

idkwattodowithlife

idkwattodowithlife

Banned
-
Testosterone is typically understood to contribute to maleness and masculinity, although it also responds to behaviors such as competition. Competition is crucial to evolution and may increase testosterone but also is selectively discouraged for women and encouraged for men via gender norms. We conducted an experiment to test how gender norms might modulate testosterone as mediated by two possible gender→testosterone pathways. Using a novel experimental design, participants (trained actors) performed a specific type of competition (wielding power) in stereotypically masculine vs. feminine ways. We hypothesized in H1 (stereotyped behavior) that wielding power increases testosterone regardless of how it is performed, vs. H2 (stereotyped performance), that wielding power performed in masculine but not feminine ways increases testosterone. We found that wielding power increased testosterone in women compared with a control, regardless of whether it was performed in gender-stereotyped masculine or feminine ways. Results supported H1 over H2: stereotyped behavior but not performance modulated testosterone. These results also supported theory that competition modulates testosterone over masculinity. Our findings thus support a gender→testosterone pathway mediated by competitive behavior. Accordingly, cultural pushes for men to wield power and women to avoid doing so may partially explain, in addition to heritable factors, why testosterone levels tend to be higher in men than in women: A lifetime of gender socialization could contribute to "sex differences" in testosterone. Our experiment opens up new questions of gender→testosterone pathways, highlighting the potential of examining nature/nurture interactions and effects of socialization on human biology.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26504229

It's noted that competition is necessary for us to develop. Typically, competition is usually harbored between two men going at it against each other, but however this also goes the same for women.

Women that are powerful, are pretty masculine themselves. Always notice how the popular girls at school are always angst of other girls and those that are same level as them? Because they are afraid of losing their power to them. Overtly at times they could be masculine to fend off weaker/asocial guys, they don't like to associated/affiliated with those that are of lower caste than them, because they too wouldn't want to be seen as asocial, like them? Often or not, they'll become mean girls because of it...

They have to put up the mean act to survive and crush their competition, their anguish emanates from their "sterotyped performance," resulting an increase of their testosterone, i.e. meanness.

pnas.1509591112fig01.jpg

The mean girls I knew in school were dolled up estrogen bombs.

But you are right about both genders being competitive. All of us compete for resources. Wahmen enter the rat race like good goyim because they reason it will help them raise their future kids. We want the monee because we figure it will give us access to reproduction.

Since we have little danger coming in from the outside thanks to civilization most of us humans became obsessed with social status. Kinda sad.

iblamemyself said:
But you are right about both genders being competitive. All of us compete for resources. Wahmen enter the rat race like good goyim because they reason it will help them raise their future kids. We want the monee because we figure it will give us access to reproduction.
Since we have little danger coming in from the outside thanks to civilization most of us humans became obsessed with social status. Kinda sad.

Great summary of life tbh.

Testosterone is overrated and it doesn't do those "wonders" people talk about. I have shit ton of testosterone and i'm ugly as hell.

Yeah. Have you seen the lengths go to to compete for chad?

iblamemyself said:
Women have a lot of social power and that social power influences them to strive or compete for more (i.e. their increase in testosterone), its quite scary.

Stanx22 said:
Testosterone is overrated and it doesn't do those "wonders" people talk about. I have shit ton of testosterone and i'm ugly as hell.
Have you read the thread?

KV3 said:
Yeah. Have you seen the lengths go to to compete for chad?
Yes, a lot of them compete for Chads. Some friendships get ruined because of it.

When it comes to competing for Chad or competing for attention from orbiters, yes. But other than that, no. Which is part of why they suck at pretty much everything.

Your signature answers your question

Women don't NEED to compete. They have life handed to them on a silver plate.

Men today have lower testosterone. Everytime you touch plastic you are getting estrogen. Those heat sensitive receipts from stores contain BPA and are bad for you.

http://www.plasticpollutioncoalition.org/pft/2016/12/23/is-bpa-on-thermal-paper-a-health-hazard

NYincel said:
Men today have lower testosterone. Everytime you touch plastic you are getting estrogen. Those heat sensitive receipts from stores contain BPA and are bad for you.

http://www.plasticpollutioncoalition.org/pft/2016/12/23/is-bpa-on-thermal-paper-a-health-hazard

It's also been reported that today's men have lesser of a grip grip-strength than those that lived in the 80s.