Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are the Ys games worth playing?

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
I heard they have a system where you gather materiels to forge weapons which interests me. However I'm hesitant because of the combat system. I really despise games like Xenoblade where you just scroll through menus and wait to type a command. (I don't mind turn based rpgs but when you have to move around while doing it it becomes obnoxious) Is the combat in these games any good? I'm considering playing 8.

Y am I still alive

Played only 8 and Origins had a lot of fun with 8 but Origins has mediocre and dull level design so haven't finished it i may try it again after huge break but 8 is brilliant and one of my fav games, 9 was a huge let down. Ost and combat are great at least if you want some game where you feel cool and powerful like you are the boss destroying everything that gets in your way. Tales of games wish they would be 1% as cool as YS8.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvBla5NUlvk

View: https://youtu.be/h17_m1hJ2wg

PS you don't scroll through any menu you just press two buttons on your pad and spam your skills till your energy is gone. You have dodge and block both have different bonus for your character one gives you slow down and other crits you can mix both for amazing op effect against bosses to murder them even quicker. You only use menu to heal up with food/potions and edit characters. Game is super fun.
Example from ys9 of your skills:
i think you held trigger and press one of 4 buttons to spam them much faster and efficient than any other jrpg maybe except Pso2 but that game was a God tier.

Last edited: